Diablo® III

Rakimallah's Zombie Bear/Sac Dog Build

View profile
Zombie Bear/Sac Dog build I just might have made up. Dunno for sure.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfUYVZ!TZY!bcZZbb

Depending on the party composition and mp I change Grasp of the Dead to BBVD (Boogie Man) or Soul Harvest (Vengeful Spirit). But the above build is soloing.

Works best with pickup radius in your gear, 20 feet preferably.

A few people have asked me to produce a video demonstrating this build and I will gladly do so soon as I 1) buy a mic and 2) get 6 more yards in my gear. It will be mp10 solo, but kindly take note you do NOT have to be mp10 geared to use this build - lower the mp accordingly and enjoy!

Update 03/16

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfUYVj!TZY!bcZZbZ
^ for farming the challenging mps solo (9 and 10 for me)

^ for farming with a party not including a CM wiz in challenging mps

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfUYVQ!TZY!bcZZbc
^ for farming with a party including a CM wiz in challenging mps

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfUYVd!TZY!bcZZbc
^ for farming non challenging mps where dps barrels everything and you get a subsequent AR increase as a result of the increased int (added protection because who isn't careless in lower mps?)

Video -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qULTSERBwGE

solo mp10 elite kills and build tutorial.

With bears I can kill reg mobs with ease on mp10 hence popping zombie dogs which I sacrifice to gain full mana back. At best I can spam bears for nearly 30 secs or longer given that mobs within my PuY range are also dying because I sac my dogs The passives GI and CoL take advantage of this.

At worst I come across an elite that is tough and all by himself with no other mobs around him and I have to wait on the CD of dogs to come around and just use spiders with mana return rune to get mana back to spam bears for a few secs and back to spiders again.

EDIT: 4/4/13 Trying this build with a zombie dog reduction SoJ makes it work sooooooo well and I've seen dramatic improvements on tackling elites, though clearly I am sacrificing EHP it is well worth the trade off.

This spec works best (along with high dps and survivability gear), in a group setting where things are dying within my PuY (pick up yards) keeping dogs sac'd and globes are dropping where the passive GF returns mana (and gives me a dps buff). Also boogie man rune in BBVD is quite nice to keep the dogs sac'd and the mana unending. EDIT: Also because things are dying fast by using the passive GI all my cooldowns get reduced by a sec with each bad guy I kill within my PuY. That means Zombie dogs don't take 45 secs. More like 20 secs or so at best, and BBVD does not take 90 secs, nor does Mass Confusion take a 60 sec cd. Often times that time is cut in half. Which is why I keep 14 yards PuY minimum (though I'd rather have 20 but that would sacrifice too much dps and or ehp).

When solo I have to take off BBVD for mass confusion/devolution rune for the obvious defense concentration in mp9+.

Note: Moved here from Index comments. Feel free to ask the author questions.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 4/4/2013 3:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Ya...I saw his build in another post he made. He looks very very interesting. I can picture it, I just have to play it to see how it feels for me.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfUYVj!TZY!bcZZbZ
^ for farming the challenging mps solo (9 and 10 for me)

^ for farming with a party not including a CM wiz in challenging mps

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfUYVQ!TZY!bcZZbc
^ for farming with a party including a CM wiz in challenging mps

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfUYVd!TZY!bcZZbc
^ for farming non challenging mps where dps barrels everything and you get a subsequent AR increase as a result of the increased int (added protection because who isn't careless in lower mps?)

With bears I can kill reg mobs with ease on mp10 hence popping zombie dogs which I sacrifice to gain full mana back. At best I can spam bears for nearly 30 secs or longer given that mobs within my PuY range are also dying because I sac my dogs The passives GI and CoL take advantage of this.

At worst I come across an elite that is tough and all by himself with no other mobs around him and I have to wait on the CD of dogs to come around and just use spiders with mana return rune to get mana back to spam bears for a few secs and back to spiders again.

EDIT: 4/4/13 Trying this build with a zombie dog reduction SoJ makes is work sooooooo well and I've seen dramatic improvements on tackling elites, though clearly I am sacrificing EHP it is well worth the trade off.

This spec works best (along with high dps and survivability gear), in a group setting where things are dying within my PuY (pick up yards) keeping dogs sac'd and globes are dropping where the passive GF returns mana (and gives me a dps buff). Also boogie man rune in BBVD is quite nice to keep the dogs sac'd and the mana unending. EDIT: Also because things are dying fast by using the passive GI all my cooldowns get reduced by a sec with each bad guy I kill within my PuY. That means Zombie dogs don't take 45 secs. More like 20 secs or so at best, and BBVD does not take 90 secs, nor does Mass Confusion take a 60 sec cd. Often times that time is cut in half. Which is why I keep 14 yards PuY minimum (though I'd rather have 20 but that would sacrifice too much dps and or ehp).

When solo I have to take off BBVD for mass confusion/devolution rune for the obvious defense concentration in mp9+.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qULTSERBwGE
solo mp10 elite kills and build tutorial.
Edited by Rakimallah#1875 on 4/4/2013 12:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you're trying for 0 dog cooldown, use Tribal Rites passive for a start, and also Zombie Handler, keep Gruesome Feast. If playing in a group, use Slam Dance with Big Bad Voodoo for extra damage to clear mobs quicker.
Edited by DrOfDeath#1883 on 3/13/2013 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
negative, DrofDeath. trying something new
Reply Quote
View profile
ahhhh...I don't think he's going after 0 Dog here. At least I hope not.
Reply Quote
View profile
How about...

Kill my dogs to feed the bears build
Reply Quote
How about...

Kill my dogs to feed the bears build

"Mmm...tasty doggie" build.
Reply Quote
Mana battery builds are always fun. Glad to see it's getting some much needed love from the player base.
Edited by Tworiv1dra#1537 on 3/13/2013 7:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If that's the case, having the sac dog part is pointless really. Better off using garg with cleave rune, instead of Grasp of the Dead.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/13/2013 07:50 AMPosted by DrOfDeath
If that's the case, having the sac dog part is pointless really. Better off using garg with cleave rune, instead of Grasp of the Dead.

I don't think you 'grasp' the synergy behind the build. Do a little more research or have Raki do a run with you before trying throw out poor advice to a build that has already been tweeked to his specific style of play.
Reply Quote
View profile
Is the final gift extra globes really that important?

I would think removing dogs and putting soul harvest in it's place as a base would be a smart play
Reply Quote
View profile

I would think removing dogs and putting soul harvest in it's place as a base would be a smart play

He uses the globes as a GF buff which would also grant him 10% mana per globe. The GI is used to reduce the CD of the dogs / BBV etc so that he can sacrifice them more frequently as a mana battery. Removing the dogs would make it so he no longer has the mana battery used for elites, etc to sustain mana for bear spam. He needs the dogs on his skill list to make it so the dogs spawned from other spells such as BoogieMan, Grasp, CoL, etc also have the same ability to drop globes or else they would be just dogs that grant him some mana.

I think Raki just needs to throw together a video so people would stop asking questions.
Reply Quote
View profile
I understand how the build works exactly, you can get enough globes by killing fast enough and i think the dogs skill is redundant and not worthwhile compared to the suggestion i made
Reply Quote

removing dogs defeats the entire point of the build ><
Edited by Rakimallah#1875 on 3/13/2013 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Fourty2DNAD3
I understand how the build works exactly, you can get enough globes by killing fast enough and i think the dogs skill is redundant and not worthwhile compared to the suggestion i made

No, the skill isn't redundant for extended fights with elites. The summon gives him a second wind for a fight against a champ pack. Generally you have 2 rounds of dogs to sacrifice at least thanks to summon CoL combo. That's a lot of mana to keep the bears flowing for a while. Bbv gives you even more.
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Fourty2DNAD3

than u are talking about a completely different build. Taking away dogs would in turn take away CoL passive and Sac dogs active spell which is the real mana juice of the whole thing.

I don't think u understand how the build works. globes by themselves will never supply enough mana return to keep the wattage going if you are spamming bears in my gear unless u have some serious bear reduction cost gear.

If you aren't going to contribute to this thread positively, move along. Arguing the build is complely pointless. Do your own thing
Reply Quote
This is a solid build, I've used almost this exact one before. The best part is that it's cheap to try out. Literally anyone rocking a 1hander can do a poor man's version by just equipping a ToTD and giving it a shot.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/13/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Rakimallah

than u are talking about a completely different build. Taking away dogs would in turn take away CoL passive and Sac dogs active spell which is the real mana juice of the whole thing.

I don't think u understand how the build works. globes by themselves will never supply enough mana return to keep the wattage going if you are spamming bears in my gear unless u have some serious bear reduction cost gear.

If you aren't going to contribute to this thread positively, move along. Arguing the build is complely pointless. Do your own thing

I tried to say that nicely ;)
Reply Quote
With my current gear and a small change to Rakimallah's build I have been able to farm MP8/9 with no mana/damage/survivability issues at all. Kind of refreshing really. Even though my paper damage is 179k, fully buffed including scoundrel 10% damage I shoot well over 500k damage. Add in 36% elite damage from gear and I am doing around 700k burst damage to elites. They don't know what hit them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]