Diablo® III

Rakimallah's Zombie Bear/Sac Dog Build

View profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gQUXVZ!TZY!ZcZYbb
Reply Quote
sorry just want to clarify... is it PUR = PUY ??

:p
Reply Quote
Ya same thing. Sorry for the confusion. A ToTD mojo is the cheapest and easiest way to get it. I elected for the much more route with pieces of gear with PuY on them (boots, pants, bracers).

All the passives I use - CoL, GI and GF - all benefit greatly from PuY

I've passed up on and sold pieces with greater dps and or ehp for PuY
Edited by Rakimallah#1875 on 3/13/2013 6:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Pur - pick up radius

puy - pick up yardage

Same

And let's all try to be nice here.

Everyone always thinks their build is better.

Ok. Moving on.
Reply Quote

Your smart alec comments really brought a lot to the thread, I played almost this exact build for several weeks but used well of souls instead of bears and I found that I liked the versatility an extra skill brought that wasn't dogs (which I found redundant) was helpful and wanted to bring that into discussion, but clearly this guys build is the only one that can work. God forbid someone bring a little creativity to a NEW thread about a build very few people run.

You do realise you are giving very bad advice, on a build you don't understand, to one of the Top 5 WDs on the server? Your 'creativity', whilst admirable, is not only flawed, but doesn't work for the build being discussed.

If you have a different build which works for you, high five yourself and start a new thread. But trying to shoehorn your ideas into this without a fundamental understanding of what is going on is borderline ridiculous.
Edited by manvan#1853 on 3/13/2013 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hey rak, ever try running with a 0dog and put on provoke the pack for more deeps?
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 06:31 PMPosted by juju
hey rak, ever try running with a 0dog and put on provoke the pack for more deeps?

This makes almost every WD OP. Sad thing is people are putting off 0dog till the possibility of a new OH coming in a patch far far away. Plus it is a pretty boring build just like CM. Almost have to beg Wizards to play CM it seems.
Reply Quote
well hello there!

and this build needs a better name.... Raki's sd/zd?

bah that ain't sexy at all

I tried it out for a little bit and found it rather interesting. Shows some nice potential and I am sure it shines when you have your damage numbers & probably for IAS builds with bears haha. Nice build BTW its very interstting and works. I will have to play around with it more.
Edited by Gotcha#1167 on 3/13/2013 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Coo! Let us know how it goes!
Reply Quote
Ok! Tried in hardcore with 37 PUR! So much fun :) I got to one point in the keeps where I just spammed sacrifice over and over, lol! This will make my 0 dog gear in SC versatile enough for bears. Forget the fear of IAS fellow witch doctors.
Reply Quote
By the way, I changed bears to acid for the LoH returns. I don't have enough LS or dps yet, but feeds acid cloud in the same manner. It seems this build will feed ANY mana intensive attack :)
Reply Quote
Indeed its very nice build here... I tried it out using my female wd (male wd is for sac build :p) at act 3 mp5 and found its versatile and interesting but now i have problem with RD monster... look like need to upgrade my current gear... if lets say i have budget 2.5b gold and my goal is 250k dps using this build and able to handle all elites, especially RD elites... is it possible with that budget?
Reply Quote
View profile
I would say it would be difficult to hit 250k and still have good life / mitigation. I just barely hit 250k a few weeks ago and I think my gear is worth a lot more than that and that's without any PUR on my gear... which is required for this build. It would be possible if you opt to go w/out a LS weapon like Raki does though. That allows you to run a cd/os EF or something which boosts your dps a lot. You'd have to get some good deals on some items as well if you don't want to be glassy.
Reply Quote
I see.. but if I drop my LS at weapon, i am afraid i cant survive at higher mp... btw thx for your feedback... really appreciated :)
Reply Quote
View profile
View profile

I see.. but if I drop my LS at weapon, i am afraid i cant survive at higher mp... btw thx for your feedback... really appreciated :)

I agree it would be difficult. Raki gets by without a LS weapon but I think he switches to a LS EF when he faces RD elites. You would have to consult with him on that to be sure but I am pretty sure that's what is done... otherwise RD would eat him alive.
Reply Quote
I would never drop ls myself either. With 2.5 billion you could get some really solid gear (dunno if you'd hit over 250k). My gear isn't that expensive and I'm sitting comfy at 200k.

Handling every pack easily is going to be tough with any build. Many battery builds like Rak's rely heavily on burst damage so you're going to struggle against packs that can mitigate that burst in some way. These include shielders, extra health, ranged, and reflect damage. I've found the best way to counter these packs is with mc paranoia. Sub that for Bbv or grasp. It pretty much gives you 12 seconds to unload on packs (yeah I know mobs still reflect but you at least don't have to worry about them focusing on you at the same time).

Remember that gf doubles as a defensive skill too. 50% of a wd rockin' 3k int is a lot of damage and mitigation.
Reply Quote
@Rakimallah - I want your marrow. =)
Reply Quote
It would be possible if you opt to go w/out a LS weapon like Raki does though. That allows you to run a cd/os EF or something which boosts your dps a lot.

I doubt you could get to 250k for 2.5 bil (including decent PUR), but you could look at Skorn. I'm guessing one like mine would be around 400 mil if you are patient. 400 mil for both main hand / off hand slots isn't bad at all (compared to what most 250k dps toons have spent for those slots).
Reply Quote
I upgraded to 18 PUR this morning....making such a difference over 13 PUR. I feel like that amount is just about right....20 would be perfect but 18 is ok.
Edited by rockon87#1616 on 3/14/2013 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Mathy Wanted: Figure out the Stat weight of Int if using GF and Soul Harvest :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]