Diablo® III

Rakimallah's Zombie Bear/Sac Dog Build

03/14/2013 07:00 AMPosted by popo
I see.. but if I drop my LS at weapon, i am afraid i cant survive at higher mp

I find it is much more exciting to play without loh or ls. I rely on health globes, which means I need to kill things quickly to stay alive. I only switch to ls when facing RD mobs, and that is only really necessary on mp8+. On mp7 I can kill most RD elites while in spirit mode.

I use a very similar build to Rakim, but use spirit vessel instead of CoL. This gives me a bit of extra mana (through honored guest) and allows me a free life every 90 seconds. I just summon the dogs (in place of corpse spiders) and sacrifice using provoke the pack.

Here is my build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fVUdYQ!TYe!ccZaZZ
Reply Quote
I find it is much more exciting to play without loh or ls. I rely on health globes, which means I need to kill things quickly to stay alive. I only switch to ls when facing RD mobs, and that is only really necessary on mp8+. On mp7 I can kill most RD elites while in spirit mode.

I use a very similar build to Rakim, but use spirit vessel instead of CoL. This gives me a bit of extra mana (through honored guest) and allows me a free life every 90 seconds. I just summon the dogs (in place of corpse spiders) and sacrifice using provoke the pack.

This is great and all, but probably unrealistic for the 99%
Reply Quote
03/14/2013 05:59 PMPosted by rockon87
Mathy Wanted: Figure out the Stat weight of Int if using GF and Soul Harvest :)

Rockon87, just use d3up for that if you're interested in seeing the scaling. Import your character with those two skills in your build. It has an option to activate skills and see stat scaling. Just as an example here are the stat weights for my char with both buffs fully active:

DPS Gains by Stat:

+1 Primary Stat: 60.07
+1% Crit Hit: 4,832.03
+1% Crit Hit Dmg: 577.74
+1 Minimum Dmg: 142.78
+1 Maximum Dmg: 142.78
+1% Attack Speed: 2,729.48
+1% Elemental Damage: 2,136.59
Edited by Tworiv1dra#1537 on 3/14/2013 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Rockon87, just use d3up for that if you're interested in seeing the scaling. Import your character with those two skills in your build. It has an option to activate skills and see stat scaling. Just as an example here are the stat weights for my char with both buffs fully active:

DPS Gains by Stat:

+1 Primary Stat: 60.07
+1% Crit Hit: 4,832.03
+1% Crit Hit Dmg: 577.74
+1 Minimum Dmg: 142.78
+1 Maximum Dmg: 142.78
+1% Attack Speed: 2,729.48
+1% Elemental Damage: 2,136.59

I understand this but does that include 5 stack GF?
Reply Quote
Yes it does. I flip through the buffs regularly to figure out my ideal stat paths.
Reply Quote
Ok, just did that and the number did not change....Seems it is not making Int any more important than if the buff is off or on.

SH and GF on 5 stacks each

+1 Primary Stat 50.7 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
+1% Crit Hit 4,478.26
+1% Crit Hit Dmg 525.38
+1 Minimum Dmg 132.93
+1 Maximum Dmg 132.93
+1% Attack Speed 2,676.74
+1% Elemental Damage 1,998.76

SH and GF off

+1 Primary Stat 50.7 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
+1% Crit Hit 2,538.19
+1% Crit Hit Dmg 297.78
+1 Minimum Dmg 75.34
+1 Maximum Dmg 75.34
+1% Attack Speed 1,517.12
+1% Elemental Damage 1,132.86
Reply Quote

This is great and all, but probably unrealistic for the 99%

Not true. I've had that philosophy long before I got so well geared. And in a time when rd was almost impossible to identify early, unlike now when I see the shield ahead of time. LS is overrated provided u are not a glass cannon
Edited by Rakimallah#1875 on 4/4/2013 1:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not true. I've had that philosophy long before I got so well geared. And in a time when rd was almost imps love to identify early, unlike now when I see the shield ahead of time. LS is overrated provided u are not a glass cannon

I was more speaking towards killing elites before going OOM. He is not using Sacrifice to replenish mana. He has the dps to do so unlike most.

In regards to no LS:

He has:

Damage: 240699.56
Effective Health: 377304

The EHP at higher MP seems a bit glassy to me. I would rather have LS and not have to wait for reflect to fall.
Edited by rockon87#1616 on 3/14/2013 11:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
when i see RD i summon a barb and sac him for more mana lol srsly! reflects are fine to a certain degree but some packs are really $#@$! even with 4k armor 900res, is the minion bug still around? swear bliz is trolling us.
Reply Quote
I take back what I said about Trefnwyd's build. It's working....but talk about living on the edge lol.
Edited by rockon87#1616 on 3/15/2013 1:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Streaming no LS, MP7 http://www.twitch.tv/rockon8729 This build is dope.

Edit: Ok, enough testing....tell me again how you survive with no LS?
Edited by rockon87#1616 on 3/15/2013 3:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Build Updated with Raki's comments.

Raki - If you do another big update, you might want to just copy your build to a brand new post. If you do that let me know and I'll update the new link into the Index.
Reply Quote
I just shamelessly copied and tried this build this morning.
I grabbed my dirt cheap frog mojo and tasted it in mp 9/10.

It's very fun to play.

I used a 1k life-after-kill hellfire, LoH pants and LS sword. Survived pretty well....
I dont know how to survive without a LS/LoH in this case. How good ur gear needed to get there...

Mana gen from spider alone is already great. Dog price sacrifice sweeten the deal further.
I found that circle-of-life doesnt proc as often as I wanted it to be...(i m spoiled by using that with next-of-kin... )

Other thoughts:
I am wondering Bad medicine may be a better skill to replace circle of life. Also getting an undaunted ring would help too... or Unity ring (LoH)...

After all, my WD still died here and there, well, because of those freaking Fallen Maniac and other crowd controls (like laser with walls) from elites... sigh...
but I do enjoy this build for solo play.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 3/28/2013 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm farming at mp5-7 with this build at lightning speed. It's really awesome! I've tried Mp9-10 but I need more resist all to survive better. So far it's the build I've enjoyed the most !

TY !
Reply Quote
sweet. you're welcome!
Reply Quote
Nice work, Raki. I'm working on a new (possibly) ranged WD build utilizing SB and Acid Cloud that incorporates dogs as the damage buff. Details to come once I level up the new WD.
Reply Quote
Fantastic build with good synergies. Been using it to blast through farming runs on MPs7-9; and so far the best excuse for me to use Lacuni's again :-)
Reply Quote
excellent. good job!
Reply Quote
A SoJ with zombie bear sec reduction is fantastic with this build. Really makes up for the lack of efficiency on elites and rocks socks in parties with pick up yard gear
Reply Quote
I love your build so much, thanks!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]