Diablo® III

Rakimallah's Zombie Bear/Sac Dog Build

<3
Reply Quote
@Rakimallah
Such Mana battery builds are very popular and practical at high MPs like 9 or 10.
But Corpse Spiders and Grasp of Death are useless.
Also, ruins like Boogie Man and Devolution are as good as they seem compared with other ruins.
Edited by MiracleWei#1463 on 4/3/2013 3:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Rakimallah
Such Mana battery builds are very popular and practical at high MPs like 9 or 10.
But Corpse Spiders and Grasp of Death are useless.
Also, ruins like Boogie Man and Devolution are as good as they seem compared with other ruins.

pardon me? I prefer to solo mp10 with grasp of the dead rune and spiders/widowmakers is mandatory in those high mps once you do run out of mana.

Kindly do not speak in absolutes, this game is subjective.
Reply Quote
So you(Rakimallah) do fine with no mana regen gear?

Ive read through the thread and found the reason for no mana regen. I need to get some pur/puy on my crafted items. Oh well still have a pretty good totd.
Edited by Amazingbman#1943 on 4/3/2013 12:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So you(Rakimallah) do fine with no mana regen gear?

Ive read through the thread and found the reason for no mana regen. I need to get some pur/puy on my crafted items. Oh well still have a pretty good totd.

Ya GI and PuY is the secret to my build. I do have a tutorial video and can make more if necessary
Reply Quote
i use TotD too until i can craft a yards bracer and get a yards TWH i guess.

build is awesome in mp9-mp10.
Reply Quote
i use TotD too until i can craft a yards bracer and get a yards TWH i guess.

build is awesome in mp9-mp10.

yah just wait til ilevel 63 frog mojo comes out. This build will be major!
Reply Quote
Skywalker kindly add in

EDIT: 4/4/13 Trying this build with a zombie dog reduction SoJ makes is work sooooooo well and I've seen dramatic improvements on tackling elites, though clearly I am sacrificing EHP it is well worth the trade off.

where you see that edit in bold in post #3 edit.

ty!
Reply Quote
So I've been running variations of this build and the Carnage build with both 1H EF and 2H Skorn. My Gear isn't the best, but it ranges up to about 175k DPS in glass cannon mode (dangerously low 40k health, 3.5k armor, 650ish AR) in each setup, down to the about 130k DPS in my more durable 60k health, 4k armor, 750ish AR setup.

One thing I didn't like about using EF is having to slow down on reflect damage packs lest I kill myself. So I found rolling with the LS Skorn to be more enjoyable.

And when running with a Skorn, I didn't find mana to be much of an issue. So I swapped widowmakers for Soul Harvest and used the Provoke the Pack rune instead of Pride. The result is a hybrid between Raki's build and the Carnage build that I find quite enjoyable.

It's kind of a button masher rolling out your bears while spamming the soul harvest, grasp of life, and sacrifice buttons as soon as they become enabled (which they frequently do because of GI). I seldom find the need to summon dogs, but that only adds to the button mashing frenzy when I do.

With my gear/setup, I find that it works pretty well for MP8.

I'm not sure if it warrants it't own build. And it is more in the spirit of Raki's build so I'm posting it here in case you want to add it to the main post.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fdUZVY!YTZ!ccZbcZ
Reply Quote
I just subbed in Tribal Rites over CoL for farming mp10 with friends. Works well with Mass Confusion/Devolution
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfUYVj!TZh!bcZZbZ

continuing to evolve my build, try it with a zombie dog reduction SoJ!

more sacrificing and more mana regen!
Edited by Rakimallah#1875 on 4/5/2013 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been using this build and I'm really enjoying it!

Currently doing mp8 but sometimes I have trouble with some affix, taking a long time to kill and a lot of kiting.

I'm kinda stuck on what my next upgrade should be and I'm not sure what should I upgrade to increase my DPS!

EDIT: I'm using a Skorn but I also have a MC Knife (964DPS, 3LS, 88CD, Socket) and Uhkapian Serp (75-415DMG, 197INT, 50VIT, 9,5CC, +3% Elite), it adds about 5k DPS. Not sure what I should use.
Edited by GRGG#1522 on 4/23/2013 3:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Does anyone know the guy who has about 3s cooldown on zombie dogs without using a homunculus? I remember seeing his profile, but I can't seem to find it, so I can be jealous again.

It had PtV+bears (what?!) and dogs are for mana regen.
Reply Quote
Does anyone know the guy who has about 3s cooldown on zombie dogs without using a homunculus? I remember seeing his profile, but I can't seem to find it, so I can be jealous again.

you have my attention...
Reply Quote
Only way it's possible:
Helmet, 9 seconds
Ring, 8 seconds and 7 seconds
Amulet, 8 seconds
Tribal Rites, 11 seconds

That gives 2 seconds CD with no Homunculus. Granted that's a huge hit to ehp, dps and loss of Zuni set.

In my opinion, the only viable options for CD reduction would be Helm, if you have an amazing SoS so you don't lose Zuni set. And a amazing Skull grasp with reduction, SoJ too. That way it only becomes a ehp hit for the most part.
Edited by Azagar#1318 on 4/24/2013 12:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Hi I believe you are referring to me. I used to run 3 sec hybrid dog with skorn. It means I get full mana every 3 seconds, which means I need to deplete my mana in 3 to 4 secs to make full use of 3 secs summon cd.

Spamming bear using skorn @1.41 aps cant deplete mana fast enough.. With ptv its just nice I can finish my mana in 3-4 secs.

Heres d3up link to my skorn build: http://d3up.com/b/530621
Skorn Average hit from d3up around 144k

Long story short I have to let the skorn I bought for 652m go because somehow its now worth 2b lol.

Then I decided to upgrade my 8 sec rare to 9 sec giyua. With 2 sec cd, obviously 1.41 aps aint cutting it hence 2h is no longer possible.

To fully deplete mana in 2-3 secs at least 1.9 aps with ptv is necessary. Hope that helps.

1h+mojo build: http://d3up.com/b/546573
1h axe avg hit around 111k.

Im trying to steadily up my avg hit so it could get closer to 125k. Increasing att spd is useless imo since it only increase paper dps.
Reply Quote
Only way it's possible:
Helmet, 9 seconds
Ring, 8 seconds and 7 seconds
Amulet, 8 seconds
Tribal Rites, 11 seconds

That gives 2 seconds CD with no Homunculus. Granted that's a huge hit to ehp, dps and loss of Zuni set.

In my opinion, the only viable options for CD reduction would be Helm, if you have an amazing SoS so you don't lose Zuni set. And a amazing Skull grasp with reduction, SoJ too. That way it only becomes a ehp hit for the most part.

That depends on the gear. If I could get my hand on godly amulet like zekro's, skull grasp like heyguyslol, my paper dps wouldnt be far away from yours.

As for ehp I noticed you have about 737k (nice!) while mine 493k. I can up my ehp quite abit by simply switching talrasha chest with zuni chest (but lose 9% as).

But atm I dont think its necessary since I have no survivability issue with 493k ehp. If I can get my hand on a good 1.4 aps weapon then I might switch to zuni chest.

3 set zuni is all I need (if ever needed) since the 4th bonus is absolutely useless for my build.

But you are right, this build is a mega hit to my flipping profit. Im a small fish so it took me months to acquire all these gears
Edited by B25HLG#1772 on 4/24/2013 4:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, don't need full zuni set when you've got dogs every couple seconds for full mana globe. That build/gear set is totally slick and I love the thought put behind it.
Reply Quote
B25HLG

you have gotten bigger there bro.. I cant seems to be able to catch up.. Stuck with manajuma....so poor right now...the upgrade now seems to be in billions.. Last few months these items is wayyyyyy darn cheap...
Edited by BuborManok#6327 on 4/24/2013 6:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Grasp of the dead is hardly useless with the proper rune. It generates dogs (mana) and globes (health and DPS / mana regen buff.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]