Diablo® III

Rakimallah's Zombie Bear/Sac Dog Build

Does anyone know the guy who has about 3s cooldown on zombie dogs without using a homunculus? I remember seeing his profile, but I can't seem to find it, so I can be jealous again.

It had PtV+bears (what?!) and dogs are for mana regen.

Hi I believe you are referring to me. I used to run 3 sec hybrid dog with skorn. It means I get full mana every 3 seconds, which means I need to deplete my mana in 3 to 4 secs to make full use of 3 secs summon cd.

Nice.
Thanks for the links.

My friend ran a similar build but for hardcore for a while.

The person I was recalling had a 6% CC skull grasp, but memory is fuzzy of course, so it could have just been a regular homunculus bearing zero dogger.

For reference:
Hey guys lol skull graps:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/heyguyslol-1302/hero/25584257

I also saw this thread based on this Mara's amulet drop:
http://i.imgur.com/EVlWO.jpg
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65153951&f=190
Reply Quote
Rak, I'm joining your build-clan for a while. I did it on mid-MPs last night and it was TONS of fun. I think I have enough practice now to try the higher MPs, doing key runs or something.

This is the gear and skills I'll be using - any tips or tweaks?

Also, does the Leeching Beasts rune give healing when they explode through Sacrifice??

Thanks!
Reply Quote
"Hey guys lol" i think it's a name in one word...otherwise i dont know if u are asking everyone to laugh at that link.
I like Raki's build with a frog mojo.

1. For one thing, I think we need some buff on mana gen skills. Locust, spirit barrage, spiders...none of them can really generate enough mana alone and we have to rely on other extra skills (like dog sacrifice, spirit walk).... that's bad...
2. is there any reason why Raki selling pur gear for this build? just wondering...

Hi I believe you are referring to me. I used to run 3 sec hybrid dog with skorn. It means I get full mana every 3 seconds, which means I need to deplete my mana in 3 to 4 secs to make full use of 3 secs summon cd.

Nice.
Thanks for the links.

My friend ran a similar build but for hardcore for a while.

The person I was recalling had a 6% CC skull grasp, but memory is fuzzy of course, so it could have just been a regular homunculus bearing zero dogger.

For reference:
Hey guys lol skull graps:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/heyguyslol-1302/hero/25584257

I also saw this thread based on this Mara's amulet drop:
http://i.imgur.com/EVlWO.jpg
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65153951&f=190
Reply Quote
"Hey guys lol" i think it's a name in one word...otherwise i dont know if u are asking everyone to laugh at that link.
I like Raki's build with a frog mojo.

1. For one thing, I think we need some buff on mana gen skills. Locust, spirit barrage, spiders...none of them can really generate enough mana alone and we have to rely on other extra skills (like dog sacrifice, spirit walk).... that's bad...
2. is there any reason why Raki selling pur gear for this build? just wondering...

I am just selling my 186/275 7 puy chest in and am running with 14 yards in anticipation of getting a new WH with PuY and/or gloves with PuY

EDIT: SOLD
Edited by Rakimallah#1875 on 4/25/2013 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Raki I'm having issues farming with this build at mp8 and beyond. I think it stems from me missing out on some all resist, but I just read the post ^ about doing something with like 2 second dog/sac combo and am intrested on your thoughts over this concept.

A) Do you think it would be viable with say a SoJ/Visage and maybe a maras? Then use a SoS to keep the Zuni set alive, I feel the reduction with tribal rites instead of CoL would make it worth getting the gear provided it doesnt hinder DPS too much. But then I wouldnt want to use PtV as GF/GI/Tribal Rites would be the preferred passive w/o getting too deep into zdog reduction gear.

B) I would just like to know how much reduction might be needed to summon dogs fast enough with 2.00 APS w/o using PtV, I would guess prolly 6 or 7 seconds. As your GI would take care of the rest and you'd have enough mana to sustain 6/7 secs worth of bear spamming when you take into account the Zuni set bonus/Visage's additional mana reg/SoS additional mana reg.

If Raki or someone with more knowledge on this build can enlighten me, I'd appreciate it as i'm struggling with making this build work.
Reply Quote
trying to aquire a few puy items but they are quite expensive. what pieces would you recomend looking for that affix on? seems to come at great expence to ehp or dps so im trying to get a few pieces that allow me to try your build without bumping me down in mp levels
Reply Quote
Raki I'm having issues farming with this build at mp8 and beyond. I think it stems from me missing out on some all resist, but I just read the post ^ about doing something with like 2 second dog/sac combo and am intrested on your thoughts over this concept.

A) Do you think it would be viable with say a SoJ/Visage and maybe a maras? Then use a SoS to keep the Zuni set alive, I feel the reduction with tribal rites instead of CoL would make it worth getting the gear provided it doesnt hinder DPS too much. But then I wouldnt want to use PtV as GF/GI/Tribal Rites would be the preferred passive w/o getting too deep into zdog reduction gear.

B) I would just like to know how much reduction might be needed to summon dogs fast enough with 2.00 APS w/o using PtV, I would guess prolly 6 or 7 seconds. As your GI would take care of the rest and you'd have enough mana to sustain 6/7 secs worth of bear spamming when you take into account the Zuni set bonus/Visage's additional mana reg/SoS additional mana reg.

If Raki or someone with more knowledge on this build can enlighten me, I'd appreciate it as i'm struggling with making this build work.

a) I like the idea. I suggest giving it a shot if you have gold to spend. And I've tried Tribal Rites and I think it's good if you use more than 1 applied cooldown. Like if you used summon zombie dogs as well as mass confusion or bbvd.

b) Would help if you got more PuY gear. 14 is meh (like I have). I recommend at least 20. Especially in parties where there are more things dying over a larger area. GI would take care of the rest. And no, I wouldn't recommend PTV generally and more specifically with this build.
Reply Quote
04/25/2013 09:21 AMPosted by HardCopy
trying to aquire a few puy items but they are quite expensive. what pieces would you recomend looking for that affix on? seems to come at great expence to ehp or dps so im trying to get a few pieces that allow me to try your build without bumping me down in mp levels

yah both my dps AND EHP would be better if I didn't need the PuY this build demands (as well as my heroscore would be higher).

I haven't seen a good pair of rare pants with PuY on them in a while, but it's bound to show. Look for PuY in [crafted] shoulders, bracers and gloves [as well as purchasable], chest and pants. Oh, of course a Thing of the Deep comes standard with 20 yards. I wish they would give me the ilevel 63 ToTD already....
Reply Quote
yeah, no doubt the ToTD level 63 is going to be killer. i'll keep trying to craft some items and hunt the ah for a bit. after seeing your vids i cant wait to have some fun!!!!!
Reply Quote
Question bump - does the Leeching Beasts Rune count damage from the dogs getting Sacrificed when giving % health of damage dealt?
Reply Quote
That's a question for a zero dogger
Reply Quote
Just a bump, cause this build is so much fun...Thank you:)
Reply Quote
awesomesauce
Reply Quote
Just switched to a ToTD (rare bracers/Inna's pants vs rare pants/Lacuni bracers).

Lost some dps, gained some EHP as well as mana regen, max mana and 6 more PuY. I like it.
Reply Quote
I'm going for massive PUR and more VIT now, switched to rare pants too. Losing some dps though for sure, down to ~170k from ~190k. Think that's too big of a sacrifice?

Just rolled the gloves too, were a solid upgrade, but I still can't get the CD I want on them :/
Reply Quote
Tried the build and love it! Need to pick up a SOJ to make it truly shine, but for now enjoying steamrolling mp6. Can't go much higher without slowing down too much to be efficient, but with my paltry dps, i'm happy!
Reply Quote
Excellent! That's what it's all about, fun
Reply Quote
I'm going for massive PUR and more VIT now, switched to rare pants too. Losing some dps though for sure, down to ~170k from ~190k. Think that's too big of a sacrifice?

Just rolled the gloves too, were a solid upgrade, but I still can't get the CD I want on them :/

As long as U can handle ur mp, should be fine
Reply Quote
Raki! Yay! I was sad that maybe you wouldn't have seen that I joined your camp :(

I guess that's part of my question, is what MP you think I should be handling with this gear, and if the switch I made (losing ~15k dps for gaining ~10k life and pickup radius) knocks me down or bumps me up a MP level.

Also, more thoughts on PUR goals? I've been staring at this a lot:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/data/632/medium/D3_Distance_Map.jpg

I play on a 16:9. I have 46 PUR right now. I'm thinking about pushing it to that 50+ level to pick up the whole width of the screen. While I'm often running with others/public, I'm also considering what range I'm really killing most stuff at just by myself, and whether getting much PUR past that skill-kill range is starting to be a waste or not.
Reply Quote
Hey Raki,

Very interesting build. Had a few questions for you regarding porting this from SC -> HC. For point of reference I'll be using the following in HC (it's what my first WD was): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SRYXUd!TYe!ZabZac

1.) Is Widowmaker the best Mana Return skill? I normally use bears to do my heavy lifting at 60 (well I did before I lost my last WD...lol). So the firebomb is just a filler till I get my mana back.

2.) How important is "Circle of Life" to the build? In HC and with Blizz caused DC's to contend with, etc, you gotta either be a freight train, or run Spirit Vessel.

3.) Stalker -> Sacrifice obviously if I ported this to HC.

I guess overall I'm struggling with the potential loss of survivability to run this in HC, but I'm definitely interested in the possibilities. Also, is it more of a fast build? Or more of a plowing hard stuff build?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]