Diablo® III

Rakimallah's Zombie Bear/Sac Dog Build

Raki! Yay! I was sad that maybe you wouldn't have seen that I joined your camp :(

I guess that's part of my question, is what MP you think I should be handling with this gear, and if the switch I made (losing ~15k dps for gaining ~10k life and pickup radius) knocks me down or bumps me up a MP level.

Also, more thoughts on PUR goals? I've been staring at this a lot:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/data/632/medium/D3_Distance_Map.jpg

I play on a 16:9. I have 46 PUR right now. I'm thinking about pushing it to that 50+ level to pick up the whole width of the screen. While I'm often running with others/public, I'm also considering what range I'm really killing most stuff at just by myself, and whether getting much PUR past that skill-kill range is starting to be a waste or not.

great googily moogily that's a lot of PuR. I would think that's too much considering you are forfeiting dps and ehp for such lofty pick up yards. I roll with 20 on my ToTD and that's solid for parties and solo. But that's just me.
Reply Quote
Hey Raki,

Very interesting build. Had a few questions for you regarding porting this from SC -> HC. For point of reference I'll be using the following in HC (it's what my first WD was): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SRYXUd!TYe!ZabZac

1.) Is Widowmaker the best Mana Return skill? I normally use bears to do my heavy lifting at 60 (well I did before I lost my last WD...lol). So the firebomb is just a filler till I get my mana back.

2.) How important is "Circle of Life" to the build? In HC and with Blizz caused DC's to contend with, etc, you gotta either be a freight train, or run Spirit Vessel.

3.) Stalker -> Sacrifice obviously if I ported this to HC.

I guess overall I'm struggling with the potential loss of survivability to run this in HC, but I'm definitely interested in the possibilities. Also, is it more of a fast build? Or more of a plowing hard stuff build?

1) yes, for a primary skill it is.

2) CoL is the one skill (passive, rather) that turned on the light bulb for me when I was making this build. A friend suggested it and I said "A-HA!" literally. If things are dying around you, the more likely a zombie dog will emerge thus giving you mana back when you sac him. Pretty much the entire point of this build. Grasp of the dead isn't enough for challenging mp's. If you are steamrolling thru content it really won't matter if you have CoL or not, though, I think.

3) Yah

Overall I would not suggest this build for hardcore. Survivability is way to flimsy unless you are fortunate enough to stack copious amounts of EHP. None of the passives used help you live; they are all designed for mana return.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply sir, much appreciated. When I finally get sick of stimulating the economy to the tune of 100-200 mil+ per toon HC I'm def going to try this out.

Pote
Reply Quote
welcome!
Reply Quote
88 Human Priest
back after a long hiatus. Now it appears that I am the one with the questions.

Is this build still viable? Does it have a future in RoS? What are some gear combinations that would maximize it's potential.

Please and ty
Reply Quote
View profile
Sadly the Pride rune is a pile of garbage now, only giving back 60 mana per dog. You can always use RoE and SB to regen mana, though.
Reply Quote
•Sacrifice ◦Pride - Now gains 60 Mana for each Zombie Dog (down from 294)
•Zombie Charger - Now costs 150 Mana (up from 140).

• -Zombie Charger cost gear has been removed
  • Health globes spawn 20 yards away from the dying zombie dog
  • Max pick up radius on gear has been reduced from 7 to 2 (Thing of the Deep still has 20)
  • Lifesteal will be gone at level 70 but health globes now heal for 60% each instead of 20% (noted because Final Gift and Death is Life in the original build)
  • --
    You'll have to see how it works with the new system and new items, I'm still exploring it with everyone else.

Edit: ninja'd while I was sourcing the information :(
    Edited by Surijak#1957 on 3/9/2014 5:19 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    88 Human Priest
    Homunculus looks like a really viable additional mojo at level 70 for this. Every 4-6 secs a zombie dog spawns so you don't need to rely so heavily on your PuY and killing things to summon and sac a dog for damage and mana returns/dps boost
    Edited by Rakimallah#1361 on 4/3/2014 1:52 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I have had A LOT of success tweeking this build you made to my own personal preferences after 2.0 , I will not lie. Only when I am stuck on a single elete or elete with 2 minions do I run low on mana, but other then that. I can do Torment 2 as if I was doing torment one, and I am using dps dear rather then EHP gear lately.

Here's what I have for Tor 1-2:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fhUdQe!cfT!cZZaZc

Tor 3:

I just switch out grave injustice with spiritual attunement. I have been having a fantastic time :D
    Reply Quote
    88 Human Priest
    03/09/2014 12:53 PMPosted by AstrayedOne
    I have had A LOT of success tweeking this build you made to my own personal preferences after 2.0 , I will not lie. Only when I am stuck on a single elete or elete with 2 minions do I run low on mana, but other then that. I can do Torment 2 as if I was doing torment one, and I am using dps dear rather then EHP gear lately.

Here's what I have for Tor 1-2:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fhUdQe!cfT!cZZaZc

Tor 3:

I just switch out grave injustice with spiritual attunement. I have been having a fantastic time :D

oh nice! great to see it still works. I am level 8 presently... leveling on a new account. Imma try my build and tweak it like you've done for yours for 2.0 and RoS
    Reply Quote
    88 Human Priest
    ...and maybe 3 hours later I am 60 para 21 lol. Ty to my friends and the clan of VuDu for the xp gear and runs
    Reply Quote
    88 Human Priest
    who knows what 70 will bring but tack on Tribal Rites as your 4th passive and... maybe watch out
    Reply Quote
    03/10/2014 07:16 PMPosted by Rakimallah
    who knows what 70 will bring but tack on Tribal Rites as your 4th passive and... maybe watch out

Good to see you back. "You can't funk and roll all the time." :D
    Reply Quote
    88 Human Priest
    lol ty very much my friend. And no, I won't be touring north of the canadian border anytime soon lol

Anyways, I am excited for the expansion as I think that a 4th passive would be amazing with this build - in this case Tribal Rites to accompany GF, GI and CoL.

However because of the new looting and trading regulations Blizzard has put into effect it will be very time consuming to find the gear to compliment it. Which is my mission.

As per request, here's a video of the build as it existed a year ago. 25k views isn't bad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qULTSERBwGE
    Reply Quote
    Well I am back, and I am pleased to report that this build, with a little modification, is alive and well. Take a look at my build and gearing and if you have any questions plz ask away.

I will be doing a video of the build as it exists in RoS. And it's even more impressive than ever :)
    Reply Quote
    and yes, this is a different account. OG Raki with his billions and top 20 WD gear (at the time) is perma banned, despite the support of a lot WDs and half a dozen petitions.

For the record, I've not purchased a dime on this account but am focused on achieving world ranking status once again even within the confines of my build. A good player is a good player, period. My gold didn't make me
    Edited by Rakimallah#1361 on 4/3/2014 1:40 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Actually,
    You're about to get banned.

I am reporting you for stealing a ring.

Fyi what I mean:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/stolen-ring
    Reply Quote
    Raki here is the belt I was talking to you about:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/razor-strop

Major boost to your build I would think.
    Reply Quote
    04/03/2014 03:44 PMPosted by MCP
    Actually,
    You're about to get banned.

I am reporting you for stealing a ring.

Fyi what I mean:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/stolen-ring

what stolen ring? where?

04/03/2014 04:14 PMPosted by rockon87
    Raki here is the belt I was talking to you about:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/razor-strop

Major boost to your build I would think.

oh snap!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]