Diablo® III

How many legendaries should be junk when you find em?

i have no problem with finding 10 lacunis and then brimstoning them all, because this item actually had a chance to be good.. what i do have a problem with is finding 10 legendaries, and feeling completely ok with salvaging them before i even identify because they have literally 0% chance of being worth anything.
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 08:39 AMPosted by term
i have no problem with finding 10 lacunis and then brimstoning them all, because this item actually had a chance to be good.. what i do have a problem with is finding 10 legendaries, and feeling completely ok with salvaging them before i even identify because they have literally 0% chance of being worth anything.

I wouldn't have a problem finding 10 of one particular legendary and brimstoning them all so long as there is another legendary where when I find it, it will never, ever, be a brimstone.
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 08:36 AMPosted by xxxLawDogxxx
Also, they did however already address the issue with forging rares if they reduce the drop rate by increasing the mats you will receive when you forge an item. So if they do decrease any drop rates, rares or legendary, it seems they will adjust the amount of mats from forging accordingly to balance.

Currently it only requires 1 brimstone to forge/craft a amulet. Hard to see it going any lower unless they change the brimstone requirement to tears and infernal material (which it should have been in the first place for a rare craft).

What I'm implying by adjustment is increasing the mats you obtain from salvaging (I may have been confusing by saying forging), not reducing crafting material cost.

For example, if they reduce the drop rate of legendary items by 50% then, in theory, you would now get 2 brimstones instead of 1 per legendary you salvage. There may be other things to consider too, such as older p.o.s. legendary items already in the game. They would probably introduce another "legacy" function so that the older items would still net you 1 brimstone.
Edited by Deadzors#1394 on 3/21/2013 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Id' say 90% of them if not more are a brimstone when you find them.

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks on how many of them should be valued as a brimstone?
You really could find 10 pairs of say Lacuni's in a row or even 10 Echo fury's in a row and they could all be worthless. Nothing more than a brimstone. I've already found 2 of each and both were brimstones.

Soo.. Should 20% be a brimstone? 40%? 60%?

Is the 90% the way it really should be ?

i believe u were the one who cried about drop rates....
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Menlyn
Shako was the BiS

Lol what? You mean for your Hdin bot right?
Reply Quote
Not all leggies should be great, Some should be amazing, and some should be useable, with a few gimmick items here and there, and then some should be trash.

Make all leggies have fixed stats (and maybe one random stat, but the main stats should be covered in the roll, so that this is just like a small bonus, not a gloves w/ no crit chance roll.)

When making the stats for them you should have it be like this: (for a high level armor)

Legendary armor:
400-500 base armor
+100-500 Armor
+ 60-80 Res all
+150-200 (int/dex/str)
+ 150-200 Vit
+2-3 sockets
+ (insert random proc/ability/lolol thing)
+ 1 Random property
+ 1 Random property of the following
(+ 10% Damage)
(+10% Life)
(+10% Dodge Chance)

This is how you bring it back to D2. No matter what, this piece will be useful, but with lots of different small variables, you can start with a base one, and slowly work your way up to perfection. The random property wont make or break the item, but will of course make each one slightly different. Of course, a Int+Vit roll is good here for a wiz, but 10% life would be also, or an extra resistance for a monk, etc.

They key when making leggies, as blizzard is starting to figure out, is that people in D2 would use say, frostburns or Mage fists, which were both low level drops, but they used them because of the nice skills on them, either a bunch of mana, or faster casting speed, not because they had high +int.

The last part I know a lot of people wont like here, but if you want to really do this right, you have to lower the weight of stats on an item. 1 int is +1% damage for a wizard, and so on for other classes. If this became +0.5 or even as low as 0.1, you might not need an int roll on an item when it can have +40% damage as a roll, or ups a certain skill by 50% damage, or anything like that. The next would be to have Attack speed NOT factor into your sheet DPS. We all understand that putting out more attacks will mean we do more damage, but it shouldn't reflect the way it does currently. I completely understand that Attack speed of course raises your Damage per second, but who says "Damage" has to mean "Damage per second?" Make it like D2, and show us our Min Damage, and our Max damage, but you can add a little 3rd section for "average damage" if you'd like as well, just to save people from doing math.

You have to look at the core of the game, and then break the mold you've made. All shooters had health bars until someone said "hey, let's make the screen flash red when they are about to die, but have it auto-regen if they are out of combat." Other than making it a different visual, this also allowed the companies to know exactly what health you would be at when coming up to a boss for example, not wondering something like "we should place med-kits here before bosses" or something silly every time someone complained a certain boss was too hard.
Edited by Dellusions#1665 on 3/21/2013 11:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If they increase the stat rolls on Legendaries it will just further ruin the economy. Right now a lot of people still use rare gloves, bracers, rings, ammys, and weapons. But if they change evry legendary to be BiS then what are we supposed to sell on the AH? I already only get 1-2 Legendaries a day playing 7-8 hours. Most of my income is from rares. If even the worst rolled Legendaries are better than the best rolled rares then that is bad. There will be a huge increase in bots because more and more people will be buying gold off 3rd party sites so they can but Legendaries for every slot.
Reply Quote
Well, I just wish their stat range was narrower and on the higher end of the spectrum. I wouldn't even mind if they dropped less often.
Reply Quote
I actually think the game balances this quite nicely already.

When the legendary item buff came into play I pretty much had a use for about 50% of the legendary items I found. As I found more of them I was able to upgrade prior ones and quickly their usefulness dropped. Over days or weeks they when from 50% useful to 10% to fewer than 1% at this stage of the game.

Many of us are getting to that stage where 90+% if legendary items are trash but we shouldn't forget how useful they were at first (unless you completely bypassed progression and just bought MP6+ gear upon reaching level 60).

I know Blizzard plans to improve legendary's but really the current system isn't that bad if you ask me.
Reply Quote
I actually think the game balances this quite nicely already.

When the legendary item buff came into play I pretty much had a use for about 50% of the legendary items I found. As I found more of them I was able to upgrade prior ones and quickly their usefulness dropped. Over days or weeks they when from 50% useful to 10% to fewer than 1% at this stage of the game.

Many of us are getting to that stage where 90+% if legendary items are trash but we shouldn't forget how useful they were at first (unless you completely bypassed progression and just bought MP6+ gear upon reaching level 60).

I know Blizzard plans to improve legendary's but really the current system isn't that bad if you ask me.

I never really found any gear that would have provided me a substantial improvement I was looking for on my barb. I wasn't finding legendaries and even today I find 1 every 2 hrs if I am lucky (and then 99% of them are a brimstone). There are still lots of legendaries I could use that would not be trash to me, but so far I haven't found them. I finally found my first pair of Vile wards just 2 days ago that are on my WD now (and honestly they aren't great, not even 200 int). It seems like about once every 2 weeks I find something I can sell on the AH for 20 million gold. All in all it doesn't feel very rewarding at all to me. If I was multiboxing or playing for 8 hours a day then the loot might feel better.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 3/22/2013 6:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]