Diablo® III

Shared Paragon Level...?

I'm sorry if this has been posted already but I took a quick look and didn't see anything....

Something that's been bugging me lately is that (and I blame WoW for this), I really enjoy playing my Wizard but every now and then I want to play one of my other characters too... The problem is that since my Wizard is Paragon level 38, and my Monk is Paragon level 4, it's a huge step backward to play it, AND I make no progress toward my furthest Paragon level... basically, it's kind of a waste of time, which is a shame because I like to experience all the classes.

I honestly don't really know what I would suggest to "fix" this, as it isn't really broken... but, as a comparison, I always hated getting parties for new things on alts in WoW because I'd end up getting an achievement on a character I didn't really care as much about... eventually, achievements were made account-wide (mostly) which was cool because then it didn't matter which toon I did something new on...

Just a thought...
Reply Quote
Reaching Paragon level 38 is no more of an accomplishment than buying the game and beating act 1. The point of a game is to have fun. You're not making any sort of life accomplishment by being good at this game. Even for people playing the game, we don't look at a high paragon and think "that person is accomplished", we just think you've played longer.

If you're getting bored, play another class. And if you get bored of that, do something that you enjoy.
Reply Quote
I apologize if I made it sound that serious. I never thought of it as an accomplishment that I'm Paragon 38... just that the time I have invested into one toon discourages me from playing another. I still find the game fun, and I still play regularly. If anything, I'd like to continue playing, but don't want to feel like I'm starting from square one with terrible drop rates on another toon.
Reply Quote
View profile
If you think p38 is a time investment....ah I'll ask you again when you get to 80
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:18 AMPosted by Elvengoddess
I apologize if I made it sound that serious. I never thought of it as an accomplishment that I'm Paragon 38... just that the time I have invested into one toon discourages me from playing another. I still find the game fun, and I still play regularly. If anything, I'd like to continue playing, but don't want to feel like I'm starting from square one with terrible drop rates on another toon.

The game rewards people who enjoy playing 1 character, vs making many. It's a good thing.

I personally hate playing other classes, i enjoy a main and that's it. I'm glad i'm rewarded by doing this.

In all honesty... if paragon levels were shared... i'd just level a barb and face roll exp doing speed runs and play my monk to actually have fun. This is why i hate the idea of sharing paragon. I'd just get it on an easier to gear class.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Elvengoddess
Something that's been bugging me lately is that (and I blame WoW for this), I really enjoy playing my Wizard but every now and then I want to play one of my other characters too... The problem is that since my Wizard is Paragon level 38, and my Monk is Paragon level 4, it's a huge step backward to play it, AND I make no progress toward my furthest Paragon level... basically, it's kind of a waste of time, which is a shame because I like to experience all the classes.

Stop right there men. First and most importantly, your not wasting your time if you're having fun. Which is, I tend to believe The reason to be playing right?

I honestly don't really know what I would suggest to "fix" this, as it isn't really broken... but, as a comparison, I always hated getting parties for new things on alts in WoW because I'd end up getting an achievement on a character I didn't really care as much about... eventually, achievements were made account-wide (mostly) which was cool because then it didn't matter which toon I did something new on...

You know when you play all classes, first: you don't get bored as all 5 play very differently between each other. Second: instead of playing the AH for upgrades, since you're using all 5 classes every drop is a potential upgrade for all of your chars. See the crit mempo and, actually all the gear my dh was farming? Yeah all of that droped as I was playing my barb.

High Paragon doesn't necessarily means godly. Just play the game the way you find the most fun with and forget about paragon. You'll get to 100 and enjoy yourself. I'll eventually get 100 on my barb. But, since I had already invested nearlyy 700 hours on her alone (she has about 800 now played) I was so bored that I decided to get all 5 classes there and play all of them. It's less boring and more interesting that way. Fun is the name of the game. If you're not enjoying yourself it's maybe time to take a break...

Just a thought...
=)
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:21 AMPosted by Nighthunter4
If you think p38 is a time investment....ah I'll ask you again when you get to 80

Not everyone can play for 8 hours per day. Paragon 38 takes a lot of time and for some it is ther majority of their spare time.

That said, I do not think paragon should be shared. Just gives more to strive for.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:21 AMPosted by Ritalynn

The game rewards people who enjoy playing 1 character, vs making many. It's a good thing.

I personally hate playing other classes, i enjoy a main and that's it. I'm glad i'm rewarded by doing this.

In all honesty... if paragon levels were shared... i'd just level a barb and face roll exp doing speed runs and play my monk to actually have fun. This is why i hate the idea of sharing paragon. I'd just get it on an easier to gear class.

That's fair... as I mentioned originally, it was only a thought and I'm really only interested in playing Wizard and Monk (or Barb) because I wanted to try both ranged and melee.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:23 AMPosted by Elvengoddess
If you think trolling Blizz forums is a good time investment you should get a job and move out of your parents house. Let me go back and edit my post to say I'm Paragon 100, then will someone offer something constructive?

Ignore them..

Something about PL should be account wide... maybe the MF/GF bonus at the least.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:29 AMPosted by JEM
If you think trolling Blizz forums is a good time investment you should get a job and move out of your parents house. Let me go back and edit my post to say I'm Paragon 100, then will someone offer something constructive?

Ignore them..

Something about PL should be account wide... maybe the MF/GF bonus at the least.

That's mostly what I was thinking too... it's fun to find shiny orange pillars of [Brimstone]... it just never happens on my lower PL toons.
Reply Quote
Well, I will say that I'm glad I asked... I like to see how others view things, and in this case there were good points made that I hadn't thought of... so... Thanks! :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/18/2013 09:29 AMPosted by JEM

Ignore them..

No. Why? My paragon is low on all my characters because I play the. Sharing any of the paragon bonus's would diminish playing them. So every time I get paragon on one character the others get the benefit. So my level 10 can get the benefit from my other characters and then have a massive advantage at lower play. Forget that.

Blizzard needs to go back to the "you want it earn it" mentality not this pass the plate around mentality.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
I agree OP there needs to be some type of benefit given to the other characters on the account. I've been feeding my alts gear that I find while leveling up my Barbarian but I have no desire to play them since I don't want to lose out on the MF my main's Paragon levels provide.

There could be different ways of solving this:

• MF bonus of each character is based on the your highest plvl character, but doesn't provide the stat increases.
  • Your alt characters get a % bonus exp equal to your highest plvl character on the account.

I don't think Paragon levels should be account wide though, they do show to a certain degree how much time/effort you've put into the specific character.
Reply Quote
{quote="81964252611"]

Ignore them..

That's mostly what I was thinking too... it's fun to find shiny orange pillars of [Brimstone]... it just never happens on my lower PL toons.[/quote]

Maybe you have just had bad RNG... I just went back and started playing my wiz through inferno for the first time (maybe PL3 right now about to hit the keeps in act 3) and I have found 3 legendaries with very little MF.
Reply Quote
I didn't understand this complaint until I decided to start playing through the other classes.

I sincerely doubt that they will share paragon experience, but I understand the bind that it puts players in.

The most pleasing solution I've thought of is that you could share a certain proportion of your paragon experience with any of your other level 60 characters, but it would be proportional.

So if you have three characters that are all level 60, you could indicate that you want to level all of them. So the total amount of experience you earn would be split evenly between each of the characters.

It would take you three times as long to level up, but at least you wouldn't have to switch characters to do it.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
I didn't understand this complaint until I decided to start playing through the other classes.

I sincerely doubt that they will share paragon experience, but I understand the bind that it puts players in.

The most pleasing solution I've thought of is that you could share a certain proportion of your paragon experience with any of your other level 60 characters, but it would be proportional.

So if you have three characters that are all level 60, you could indicate that you want to level all of them. So the total amount of experience you earn would be split evenly between each of the characters.

It would take you three times as long to level up, but at least you wouldn't have to switch characters to do it.

I think adding 1% bonus experience gain to every character on your account equal to your highest Plvl character would be very much the same and much simpler. I get what you're trying to accomplish though, if you are playing an alt you can essentially level your main at the same time. I don't agree with that since you could basically have a plvl100 character without even touching it, plvl shows that you are an experienced player with that class and have put in many hours learning it.
Edited by Monstrous#1404 on 3/18/2013 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Why do you think it's such a huge step back to play a character that is level 4 paragon over a 38 paragon?

I think it's in your head. The statistical differences are really not big enough to be "taking a step back".
Reply Quote
Reaching Paragon level 38 is no more of an accomplishment than buying the game and beating act 1. The point of a game is to have fun. You're not making any sort of life accomplishment by being good at this game. Even for people playing the game, we don't look at a high paragon and think "that person is accomplished", we just think you've played longer.

If you're getting bored, play another class. And if you get bored of that, do something that you enjoy.

You obviously completely missed OP's point
Reply Quote
I'm sorry if this has been posted already but I took a quick look and didn't see anything....

Just a thought...

I agree. Paragon was intended to make players feel rewarded while farming the same thing over and over...... That was the whole point. Implementing Paragon as a universal trait for all characters is a good idea that should've been there at the start
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]