Diablo® III

Shared Paragon Level...?

Farming the exact same thing on one character gets repetative. Shared Paragon leveling would atleast allow you to play alts without feeling like you were wasting your time.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 11:51 AMPosted by ElDrewid
Farming the exact same thing on one character gets repetative. Shared Paragon leveling would atleast allow you to play alts without feeling like you were wasting your time.

You're not wasting your time, really. I farm efficiently and I have all 5 classes:

. Barb 60(66).
. DH 60(50).
. Wiz (30).
. WD (18).
. Monk (12).
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:26 AMPosted by BOSS
If you think p38 is a time investment....ah I'll ask you again when you get to 80

Not everyone can play for 8 hours per day. Paragon 38 takes a lot of time and for some it is ther majority of their spare time.

That said, I do not think paragon should be shared. Just gives more to strive for.

Dude, cain set, leorics signet, hell fire ring, big ol ruby in helm.

Speed run mp1 with any character = fast as hail leveling to level 50 at least. It's doesn't take as long as you think to level up.
Reply Quote
Buy your alt(s) cheapish MF gear and run low MP's with them. You should be able to still find items that will be upgrades while getting them some paragon levels. Being able to switch characters while still having at least 200 base MF keeps me entertained for the most part. However, having five 100 paragon characters and not making any progress whatsoever while killing things, probably wouldn't.
Edited by Xane#1263 on 3/18/2013 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree OP there needs to be some type of benefit given to the other characters on the account. I've been feeding my alts gear that I find while leveling up my Barbarian but I have no desire to play them since I don't want to lose out on the MF my main's Paragon levels provide.

There could be different ways of solving this:

• MF bonus of each character is based on the your highest plvl character, but doesn't provide the stat increases.
  • Your alt characters get a % bonus exp equal to your highest plvl character on the account.

I don't think Paragon levels should be account wide though, they do show to a certain degree how much time/effort you've put into the specific character.

Your first idea would be perfect, I'm okay with the no stat increases its the MF that is annoying. I can usually get 1 legendary on a 30m farming run with my barbarian. I power leveled my DH for several hours up to level 10 and not 1 legendary.

Right now I'm at a point where progress is really slow, both gear and levels so the chance of finding a good drop is more encouraging to get past my sticking point. By playing an alternate character I'm basically guaranteeing to be stuck that much longer. To finally be happy with my MF I had to do the following.

Paragon higher than 50
Farm MP5+ at a decent/fast speed
MF on a few gear slots including follower
Reply Quote
Why do you think it's such a huge step back to play a character that is level 4 paragon over a 38 paragon?

I think it's in your head. The statistical differences are really not big enough to be "taking a step back".

It kind of is. That level difference is about 100% magic find difference. Also take into account the level 38 as 100 main stat boost too and probably more invested (better gear) and can farm at a higher MP, that's easily another 100. 100% doubles the drop rates and 200% triples. If you can find 3x more legendaries (or even 2x) for that matter it does feel like a step back.
Reply Quote
So my brother, who also plays but doesn't have his authenticator with him so he can't post himself, suggests this:

Stats of a toon = paragon level of the toon ( meaning the additional stats given to you at paragon level up remain how they are now )

Gold/magic of a toon = Equivalent level of ( Sum the paragon experience (not the level) of every toon on the account )

Paragon level 1 is easy to earn, so a PL 65 toon + a 1 toon still equals magic/gold find of 65. But a PL 30 + a PL 35 might equal magic/gold of a PL 45 or a 50.

I also considered maybe that all toons on your account would benefit from the MF/GF of the highest Paragon character, but otherwise are independent.
Reply Quote
+1 for the op. I barely find anything with my 98pl DH and sicne i want to try other classes i just cant coz of big mf and gf lost..
Reply Quote
Considering all you get from plvls is some extra MF (which won't guarantee better items, whatsoever) and a bit of stats accounting for like 10k dps at most, i honestly can't see how playing a lower plvl character is such a huge step backwards. In the end it's always narrowed down to luck anyways, regardless of your mf values, so i say just relax and enjoy whatever character you're playing instead of focusing on mf efficiency, because it's just a mirage.
Edited by Blashyrkh#1824 on 3/18/2013 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If the loss of GF or MF impacts you that badly I'd recommend building up a gear set of it for your lower paragon alts while you level your main.

It's easier said than done but you really don't lose on THAT much by leveling a low paragon alt. I've done this with all 5 of mine and the low levels come pretty quickly compared to your mid-paragon alt.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:46 AMPosted by Elderone

Ignore them..

Something about PL should be account wide... maybe the MF/GF bonus at the least.

No. Why? My paragon is low on all my characters because I play the. Sharing any of the paragon bonus's would diminish playing them. So every time I get paragon on one character the others get the benefit. So my level 10 can get the benefit from my other characters and then have a massive advantage at lower play. Forget that.

Blizzard needs to go back to the "you want it earn it" mentality not this pass the plate around mentality.

You're confused. After hitting level 75 or so in D2 there was no real need to grind. It made you SLIGHTLY more powerful, sure, but it wasn't anything as insane as QUADRUPLING your chance at finding a legendary. OP's right. I want to level up various classes, but it hurts knowing that I'm gimping my chance at legs if I play anything other than my WD.
Reply Quote
I'm sorry if this has been posted already but I took a quick look and didn't see anything....

Something that's been bugging me lately is that (and I blame WoW for this), I really enjoy playing my Wizard but every now and then I want to play one of my other characters too... The problem is that since my Wizard is Paragon level 38, and my Monk is Paragon level 4, it's a huge step backward to play it, AND I make no progress toward my furthest Paragon level... basically, it's kind of a waste of time, which is a shame because I like to experience all the classes.

I honestly don't really know what I would suggest to "fix" this, as it isn't really broken... but, as a comparison, I always hated getting parties for new things on alts in WoW because I'd end up getting an achievement on a character I didn't really care as much about... eventually, achievements were made account-wide (mostly) which was cool because then it didn't matter which toon I did something new on...

Just a thought...

I agree. Paragon was intended to make players feel rewarded while farming the same thing over and over...... That was the whole point. Implementing Paragon as a universal trait for all characters is a good idea that should've been there at the start

Yah and when I get one of my characters to level 60 all of the characters I make after that should be level 60... because playing a character from the start once you have made it to 60 on one is a step back.
Edited by BannedName#1439 on 3/18/2013 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Guybrush
You're confused. After hitting level 75 or so in D2 there was no real need to grind. It made you SLIGHTLY more powerful, sure, but it wasn't anything as insane as QUADRUPLING your chance at finding a legendary. OP's right. I want to level up various classes, but it hurts knowing that I'm gimping my chance at legs if I play anything other than my WD.

Umm.... did you even play Diablo 2? Level 75 to 99... thats 24 skills points... thats a whole skill MAXED and then some... so I think you may be slightly confused.

In Diablo 2 nothing was shared... you had to play the character with the most MF on it... if your Necro didn't have as much as your Sorc then your Necro didn't find as much as your Sorc. It's the same principles in this game.
Edited by BannedName#1439 on 3/18/2013 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I like the idea. +1 to the OP.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
03/18/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Glock

Umm.... did you even play Diablo 2? Level 75 to 99... thats 24 skills points... thats a whole skill MAXED and then some... so I think you may be slightly confused.

In Diablo 2 nothing was shared... you had to play the character with the most MF on it... if your Necro didn't have as much as your Sorc then your Necro didn't find as much as your Sorc. It's the same principles in this game.

Now that you actually mention this it does remind me of D2 I suppose. I always made my sorc first so I could do mf runs and filter gear to my other characters. I'd eventually end up with a hammerdin as soon as I had enough wealth for my Enigma. Funny how one skill (tele) almost entirely decided what class you'd roll first.

I know it's been a staple of the Diablo series but I finally think it's time for MF to go all together. MF doesn't do much anymore at all but it's still a common occurence for people to fret not having it, I'm also one of these players.
Reply Quote
Now that you actually mention this it does remind me of D2 I suppose. I always made my sorc first so I could do mf runs and filter gear to my other characters. I'd eventually end up with a hammerdin as soon as I had enough wealth for my Enigma. Funny how one skill (tele) almost entirely decided what class you'd roll first.

I know it's been a staple of the Diablo series but I finally think it's time for MF to go all together. MF doesn't do much anymore at all but it's still a common occurence for people to fret not having it, I'm also one of these players.

MF from items is dead. MF from Paragon and MP levels is not. Farm with high Paragon on high MP levels and the 500-600+ MF is amazing.
Reply Quote
I hate WoW and i enjoy everytime i have to say some bs on that game.. but.. how is that WoW's fault?.. I haven't seen any RPG-ARPG-MMO that have multiple chars (Nor even single player games) that every char in your Acc.. it's the same lvl as your main :S
Reply Quote
I have a P74 DH and P73 Barb, so I'm fine with the current system. I enjoyed leveling up a second characters. With all honesty, Max MF has no better chance at a legendary than no magic find at all- in my experience of coarse. Paragon Leveling is only important for the extra stat bonus', which do add up A LOT, MAGIC FIND IS USELESS TRUST ME!!!!
Reply Quote
Alt-aholism is nothing but a good thing for the game. Anything to encourage it, reworking the Paragon level path for example, is for the best. This can usually be done in a way that doesn't penalize solo class non-alt players.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]