Diablo® III

Shared Paragon Level...?

You can get to paragon 38 in a week now
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Cybralisk
You can get to paragon 38 in a week now

Not if you have a job. :/
Reply Quote
By the way, for all the people who swear the magic find is useless... why not carry it over to other toons then? I understand that the stat bonuses should be worked for on each character and I'm okay with that.
Reply Quote
We do not need shared paragon levels. We do not need them to be account wide. I have the simplest solution to the problem. Why not use your wizard as your farming character. Then you can play any other character you want just for fun.

Look in WoW players use characters for various reasons. Like they have a bank alt (mule), PvP alt, Auction House alt, etc... So if players in WoW can do it why not here. Where one character we using for farming only. Then we can take a night or two off of farming to play a different character for fun. Maybe to try a different build, or even a new class we have not yet tried out yet. That is exactly what I do right now. My barbarian is my farming character. Sure at times I will take a night off of farming and might even try a different build or two with him, or even any other character that I have.
Reply Quote
78 wiz 71 monk 66 barb 25 dh. dont see a problem.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 07:09 PMPosted by haushinka

Look in the mirror perhaps?

I havent even touched my alts in forever.. If the MF bonus were shared with all characters then even leveling from 1-59 would be more fun since you would get more items. I remember on my monk wearing ilvl20s gear in the 50s because I couldnt find anything for him.. I think the loot game is broken 1-59 honestly and this would help with that IMO.
Reply Quote

I havent even touched my alts in forever.. If the MF bonus were shared with all characters then even leveling from 1-59 would be more fun since you would get more items. I remember on my monk wearing ilvl20s gear in the 50s because I couldnt find anything for him.. I think the loot game is broken 1-59 honestly and this would help with that IMO.

What stop picking up blues, because if you do not pick up blues. Or at least check the vendors until around mid hell you are missing a lot of upgrades. The only thing that had a chance of being in the 20's were rings and an amulet.

My level 60 barb had a blue amulet that had 232 strength and IIRC some decent vitality.
Edited by ShadowAegis#1537 on 3/19/2013 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Uhm.. No.
Paragon is already a bonus. No need to take advantage.
One point of paragon is to literally take time and level up.

Leveling is 10x easier now vs. when D3 was released. Yes. 10x. Not exaggerating.
Reply Quote
Why do people keep asking for account wide things that should be character based?

I was concerned when I saw gold was account wide. I was concerned when I saw stash was account wide.
Why was I concerned? Because I knew it was opening the door for more "I want X, Y, Z, F, H, E, W, and the kitchen sink to be account wide!"

People keep using this excuse of "I've put so much time into the game" (among other excuses relating to time management) for making things account wide. Guess what? People put the same amount of time back in the 80s and 90s. Guess what they had back then that you have now? Job, family, friends, a "life", children, school, etc. Games actually require LESS time to complete now than they did back then. And yet people still want things to be easier? This is why we can't have good games anymore.
Edited by Caz#1594 on 3/19/2013 6:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There are hidden options when you purchased D3, you must have missed it!

option 1:- start all characters at level 1 (default)
option 3:- start all softcore characters at level 60
option 4:- start all hardcore characters at level 60
option 5:- start all characters including hardcore at level 60 paragon 100.

^^
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 11:49 AMPosted by JEM

awwwwww noobs are so cute.
Reply Quote
Why not just make all characters 60(100) once they are created after you complete the game once?
Reply Quote
Level 1-99 instead of 1-60 would have been better but since people like to rush and not take the time to actually enjoy the game. Instead they get to level cap (60) and then complain that "there's not enough content" when they reach "end-game".
Reply Quote
I also agree that Paragon should be a account thing across all characters.

Have Hardcore and Default be separate, but have the characters share Paragon level is my suggestion.
Reply Quote
Paragon is the hole we dig for ourselves.

The reason people treat Paragon, perhaps incorrectly, as a reward is because the game is so lacking in reward for the most part. Paragon is the one guaranteed thing you'll have after tonight's Alk run. It's the one thing that tracks your progress. It's the one thing that rewards time spent.

Since achieving anything in the game takes such a enormous amounts of time (P100, that million dollar drop etc), we come to feel that anything that is not *efficient* is a waste of time and effort that could be better put to use. Playing an alt char and leaving your main in town does not feel efficient.

I left my first char at P17 and rolled barb, which is now my main, who is now P36. There is so little motivation to take my first char out of cryosleep any time before my main hits P100 (if ever). My main is now entrenched.
Reply Quote
as someone who has hit plvl 100, the way to do this is

a) MF is account shared. means to say you can farm using any alternate character.
b) super Paragon exists. this is made of the sum of all paragon EXP you have across all characters.

getting 10 characters to lvl 100 gives you super paragon lvl 1000
you gain points for every level of super paragon past 100.
points can buy in to various convenience non major game affecting features.

eg:
a) heads up display for viewing other player statistics (dps, ehp, total damage dealt, total damage healed)

b) ignore azmodan and cydea dialogues

c) minimap pings of elites

d) minimap pings of goblins

e) minimap pings of dungeon entrances

f) legendaries found statistics

g) per run statistics: total whites killed, total elites killed, time taken . time spent in town, net time

h) auto salvage: choose a dps for 1h and 2h weapons, all weapons below that dps range is auto salvaged on pickup.

i) auto blue pickup and salvage

j) auto salvage of yellows, you choose the categories: daibos, 2h weapons, crossbows, wizard hats, spirit stones, mighty belts,...

k) spirit of convenience: while in town, teleport , spirit walk, leap, tempest rush, deadly reach, etc movement skills (or maybe all skills) do not have a resource cost or cd.. (so that you can go to the vendors fast)

l) vote of tyranny. when you vote kick someone, you count as 3 votes.
Reply Quote
i would love to see shared paragon level or at least shared MF and GF through paragon.

i have all classes at 60 but it feels not effective and lowers the fun to play them. so i play and play and play the same class and the same areas.

i think its an easy and very effective change to share paragon.

let us play all our classes without bad feelings
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:46 AMPosted by Elderone
Blizzard needs to go back to the "you want it earn it" mentality not this pass the plate around mentality

i !@#$ing miss the launch of d3 when everything was hard to get and inferno truly was "INFERNO"

not this piece of crap casual game that we have now
Reply Quote
I like to play all the classes also and have thought about this same thing. the only thing I think that would fix this is once you get on Chr to p100 or say all five to 20 or whatever you would get a exp bonuses for 2,3,4,
Edited by flinds#1185 on 3/21/2013 6:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just level them all now while the items are all bad! Once you get to level 40-60 (easy), then you can stack MF on gear and merc to hit the cap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]