Diablo® III

Diablo: the Movie.

Diablo is a great series of games with a remarkable history in being able to inspire and sustain a large (relatively) player base despite incredibly long waits between each new installment of the series. I've heard and read hundreds of thousands of players decry or demean various parts of each game, from play style, to character balances, the gold system, whether one creature or another drops enough loot, whining about scaling a difficulty and everything else in between, but at it's lowest the game still maintained and maintains at least ten thousand regularly logging players. For a series this long in the making that is nearly unheard of. Final fantasy comes close, but it also has constant updates, new content and fine tuning that Blizzards diablo does not.

The one thing though that I've heard the fewest complaints on is the lore. The story, the background, the characters and their development, the progression of the game through the various acts; this is where I've found the least combinative whining of every forum throughout the games life.

I don't know about you, blizzard, but I think that means something.

I think that means you have the ready made material for a minimum of twelve movies; one for each act (expansions included) covering the three existing games. You have the plot, you have the cast, you have the scenery and the mood; there's an existing fan base large enough for you to recoup your investment if not make a decent profit. Cinematic blurbs exist to give you direction, models sit in digital archives to give you cast and you've built a massive company around WoW and the release of D3 to offer you the talent needed to built this into an epic worthy of being a household name. I've only two questions:

What's holding you back, and who will post signatures after me to convince you to stop?
Reply Quote
Diablo movie would be great, (diablo 3 wrath was pretty awesome)

But i'm sure blizzard's attention is focused on the (upcoming) warcraft movie at the moment

But still....
/sign
Reply Quote
ya warcraft movie first then i think SC movie should be next b4 a diablo movie

the only thing that would kill the warcraft movie and force blizz not to try a SC and diablo movie is the fact WC movie is live action......WHY LIVE ACTION BLIZZ?
Edited by native#1890 on 5/30/2013 11:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]