Diablo® III

I Can log in but can't play.

Suddenly, Every time I try to play the game either shut down or disconnects me as soon as I enter the game. So now I can't play at all and I don't know why I'm banned or whatever. This is why we need single player not all multiplayer.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey sneaky,

Do you get any error messages when this happens? This doesn't sound like a ban or suspension.

Have you ensured the launcher says your game is up to date?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
sneaky, if you are unable to determine whether or not your Launcher is up to date, you can try the "catch all" troubleshooting steps listed below, which will fix many Launcher related issues, as well as what I suspect is happening to you, which is possibly a corrupt file that gets loaded every time you log in.

Here are the steps to follow:

Fixing Corruption and Launcher Issues

Delete the following files/folders:

/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.db
/Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net
/Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net.temp (if present)
/Diablo 3/Diablo 3.mfil
/Diablo III/Data_D3/PC/MPQs/Cache

Once done deleting those files, make sure all permissions are set properly in Diablo 3's main folder by doing the following:

1) Get Info (in the Finder) on the Diablo 3 folder.

2) Click the padlock icon and enter your password to authenticate yourself.

3) For the Everyone group, set it to Read and Write.

4) Click the cogwheel icon and select Apply to enclosed items. Select OK to confirm your action.

5) Close the Get Info Window.

6) Repeat steps #1-5 on the /Users/Shared/Battle.net folder.

Now run the Diablo 3 Launcher. Let Diablo 3 rebuild its cache. It can take between 15-60 minutes depending on the computer and drive being used. Do not click Play until the Launcher window shows the message "Game is up to date", indicating that Diablo 3 has fully patched and/or rebuilt its cache.

Let us know how this works out for you if you do decide to follow the steps above.

Reply Quote
/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.db
/Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net
/Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net.temp (if present)
/Diablo 3/Diablo 3.mfil
/Diablo III/Data_D3/PC/MPQs/Cache

um, excuse me, but where are these files located?
Reply Quote
and what about constant crashes at loading screens? i havent seen anything from blizzard talking about this very huge and game changing mac issue..
Reply Quote
I have had constant crashes at loading screens since the Expansion. Makes buying the game early kinda worthless
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]