Diablo® III

server disconnecting me repeatedly

Ever since the patch on Tuesday I have been repeatedly disconnected for no reason of my own. Each time i lose my stacks, which is irritating but i have the best fiber optic dsl in my area and there is no reason for my connection to go down. It doesnt happen in league of legends and if it did i would be compensated for my troubles in the form of IP boost or RP boost. Why doesnt blizzard offer any rewards and other such things to reward its loyal players instead of trying to entice players who quit to come back or new people to start playing the game. Ive also recently tried playing public games and they are completely dead which makes earning certain achievements impossible to earn unless you have a friend with a decent pc that likes this game.

Also, the gold inflation thing is getting ridiculous. Unless i sell gear im wearing i cant afford to upgrade and some of that is due to patches undermining items values in favor of gold sinks like crafting. The unfortunate part is people exploit this game and i believe not enough is done to prosecute people who bot, dupe, or use other means to gain competitive advantages for profit. I recently visited d3progress.com and if you look at the highest rated hero scores many of the items can be seen on many different players ie {teeming medallion} and i dont want to hear that certain items can drop more than once or duplicate bugs. The crafting has made this less of an issue but non the less - acitvision is a company publicly traded on the stock market and i cant believe this kind of failure. Its hard to believe that so many loopholes, cracks, or bad programing can continually happen from one game d2 to the next d3.
Edited by Fazio#1432 on 3/20/2013 9:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ever since the patch on Tuesday I have been repeatedly disconnected for no reason of my own. Each time i lose my stacks, which is irritating but i have the best fiber optic dsl in my area and there is no reason for my connection to go down.

having the best speed connection does not cause you to have no connection issues. im sorry but it just doesnt work that way.

It doesnt happen in league of legends and if it did i would be compensated for my troubles in the form of IP boost or RP boost. Why doesnt blizzard offer any rewards and other such things to reward its loyal players instead of trying to entice players who quit to come back or new people to start playing the game.

first, this is not LoL. so whatever they do doesnt necessarily apply. though it could be viewed as a suggestion if you worded it as such.

second, i dont think you understand anything about business. customer retention means alot. trying to get back any unhappy customers that left is part of that. additionally, if you dont bring in new customers your sales stagnate. basically you see no growth, and eventually if you let it go on you will likely see a decline. so "enticing players to come back" and "new people to start playing" is simple business.

03/20/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Fazio
Ive also recently tried playing public games and they are completely dead which makes earning certain achievements impossible to earn unless you have a friend with a decent pc that likes this game.

not true really.
i play hardcore which has a very low player base compared to softcore. i can always find people.

what you have to realize though is there are going to be quests people would rather do themselves for sake of speed and efficiency. however, some of the main quests you will likely find people doing a lot in group. these typically are boss quests or parts that are higher in difficulty for some reason.

the rest of your rant im just going to ignore because thats all your doin is ranting.

also.. this belongs in the Tech Support forum. so dont be surprised if they move it to the correct location. since you are talking about connection issues.
Reply Quote
its not a connection issue. go make your own thread and mind your own business. I recently started playing monk and i get disconnected everytime i use certain skills, which i noticed today. As far as my connection goes I know this issue is bilzzard because it didnt happen pre-patch. I can stream ncaa basketball play other online games all at the same time,but diablo is the only one that continues to have ongoing platform issues. At this point, i cant even play for 5 min without disconnecting. But atleast the auction house got better it seems.

And if you want to know why people have to rant in these forums is because blizzard customer service regarding customers feedback is poor. They do not provide the necessary channels or options to report random issues. I was one that reported the auction house lag weeks or months back and this was the only way after looking at the customer service options to make them aware. So.. you should be thanking me for doing what you dont have the courage to do.
Reply Quote
its not a connection issue. go make your own thread and mind your own business. I recently started playing monk and i get disconnected everytime i use certain skills, which i noticed today. As far as my connection goes I know this issue is bilzzard because it didnt happen pre-patch.

again ignoring all non-critical ranting...

you do not make note of this fact in your first post. perhaps that would have been crucial information?
had you not been so focused on ranting up a storm then perhaps you would have been thinking more clearly about the actual bug and remembered to detail it in the first place avoiding my first post.

if you have a problem with your monk using certain skills then you need to specifically describe that. you need to say things like what your build is and how to reproduce the disconnect you are suffering from. that way it can be tested by others and hopefully fixed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]