Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Error 53 is an account suspension. Usually it is caused by various things related to a financial transaction, often on the RMAH.
Below are some that used to be common, and likely still are:
1. Failed transaction - insufficient funds, payment declined by bank or chargebacks.
2. Mismatch in Billing, Account, and/or PayPal address and name information. ALL the name and address information has to match.
3. Using the RMAH from outside the region registered to the account. For example, if you access the RMAH from Asia when you are registered at a US address it bans you.
4. Using the RMAH from a different country than the one you are registered too, even if within the same Region
5. Using the RMAH from a country where the game is not legally released (China) or where the RMAH is illegal (S. Korea). Playing from a country where the game is not allowed due to sanctions (Iran, Cuba, N. Korea, etc).
6. False positives - they do happen. Sometimes the software catches something that seems problematic, but when reviewed by a human it is overturned.
7. Lately we have seen quite a few people playing on, and getting suspended on, accounts that are not in their name. Blizzard will only give the account back to the person whose name it is registered in. They do not allow account transfers.
You need to figure out which of the above caused the issue (if you can) fix it, and then appeal the suspension. To appeal you need to submit a ticket. Select D3 > I can't login > I wish to appeal a ban or suspension.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.