Diablo® III

My hardware or Blizzard game engine?

Intel i7-3770k @ 4GHz
GTX 680
16GB RAM
Windows 7 on 120GB SSD

In-game video settings maxed out I shouldn't have ANY framerate issues running this game.
My FPS will drop down to the single digits at large graphic generating scenes especially with other characters joining in to the mayhem. Normally stable at 60fps but drops from time to time at big scenes.

I've read people going into the d3 config files and tweaking stuff, but I shouldn't have to do any downsizing, as my system blows the game out of the water.

Just confirming that this is indeed, a Blizzard tech issue as opposed to ones system specs.
Reply Quote
Just wanted to let you know I have an almost identical system I built back in November 2012, except I only have 8GB ram installed and it runs flawlessly with the default d3config. That being said, You might want to check for a bad stick of memory or device driver issue. I suppose you could have a game file corruption, but probably not.

You don't need to reduce any graphical settings at all with your hardware. I run maxed on 1920x1200 in a full group and v-sync it to 60Hz. Without v-sync it stays above 140ish, but with screen tearing which is why I keep the v-sync on. If you are running a higher resolution than that or multi-monitor setup, maybe someone else can speak up.
Reply Quote
Well, these problems don't affect everyone but seems like most do have this problem.
I have the exact same problem and have had from the day i got the game... sucks :-(

The only solution i've found to this is to set HardwareClass to 1 (was 4) and to use v-sync on (as i always do anyways) otherwise it lags the hell out of my system, after this I can set everything to max but... do not look as good as it could for this type of hardware
I'm on:

Windows 8 Enterprise x64
amd ph2 1090t@4GHz
8gb (2x4GB)
Asus Sabertooth 990fx
evga gtx660 sc
Samsung 830 120GB
22"@1680x1050 windowed fullscreen

It's suckysucky long time...
Edited by einriði#2616 on 3/22/2013 3:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Intel i7-3770k @ 4GHz
GTX 680
16GB RAM
Windows 7 on 120GB SSD

In-game video settings maxed out I shouldn't have ANY framerate issues running this game.
My FPS will drop down to the single digits at large graphic generating scenes especially with other characters joining in to the mayhem. Normally stable at 60fps but drops from time to time at big scenes.

I've read people going into the d3 config files and tweaking stuff, but I shouldn't have to do any downsizing, as my system blows the game out of the water.

Just confirming that this is indeed, a Blizzard tech issue as opposed to ones system specs.

I have a similar rig to yours and experience the same issues. Tried lowering settings, tweaking the config file, no changes. Though I did get an SSD which helped tremendously with the asset-loading stuttering, however like you said the frame rate still drops and skips suddenly when there are big battles with multiple characters. Seems like this is more on Blizzard's end and still has to do with the asset-loading problem, something they've acknowledged since the beginning but still haven't resolved after 10 months.
Reply Quote
I'm on 1680x1050 22"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]