Diablo® III

Communication error occurred

Ever since the maintenance on 03/19/13 I have been having problems launching the game. When I got home in the afternoon on the 19th, I lunched the game and it got stuck on the "Updating Blizzard Launcher" for about a minute(normally that message would last about 1 second) then it brought up the launcher and I was able to play fine. I just thought it was a fluke. Then on the 20th when I got home, I launched the game and it pulled up that "Updating Blizzard Launcher" screen again. This time however it just sat there for over 10 minutes before I just decided to end the task. I tried again 4 more times and finally on the 5th attempt it manage to get passed the "Updating Blizzard Launcher" screen(it still took about a minute before It pulled up the launcher which I know is way too long). It is now the 21st and I am no longer able to even get the launcher to come up. It gives me the "a communication error occurred, please restart. If problems persists contact customer support.) I have restarted multiple times and it does not help.

I have the current agent and client. I have spent a couple of hours on the forums trying different "fixes" but to no avail. I thought I would try the Technical Support forums before I just do a clean install of the game. Assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by P1A5MA#1198 on 3/21/2013 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Since I got no response, I uninstalled the game and removed all files associated with blizzard off of my computer. I then tried to re-install diablo 3, I had to run the exe multiple times because the launcher was still giving me problems even though It was a clean install. I finally got the game to install, however it is still stopping on the launcher. It goes about 70% and just sits there. The re-install did absolutely nothing to help the issue. I fear that it maybe be something in registry that changed with the last maintenance on the 19th.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Unfortunately there will not be any blues back until Monday afternoon Pacific time (usually) :(

Have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall and antivirus software? That can cause the issue you speak of. Be sure you are also running from the admin account.
Reply Quote
I have done all that and much more. I haven't changed any settings since launch day. The game itself hasn't ever given me any trouble until maintenance on the 19th. The only thing I can think of is that it may be something that changed in the registry. However I wouldn't know what values changed, so I won't be going into that. I just hope that the only way to fix this isn't to reformat my computer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]