Diablo® III

Latency and Bad lags issue (Singapore)

Hi I been facing very high latency after maintainence ranging frm 230ms to 1k+ ms up and down after Tuesday maintainence. Can u guys pls look into this issue. I called my local ISP and they did checks and they said nthing is wrong at our end . Its the weekends and I am unable to play the game with all the bad lags.....
Reply Quote
Just tried something. Deleted the cache folder in Diablo 3 > Data_D3 > PC > MPQ's and deleted the .tfil and .mfil files in the main D3 folder. Ran the game again, which recreates these files and folders and takes a few minutes of downloading. Am now sitting on less than 200 ms. Will continue to play and see if this remains stable throughout the night.
Reply Quote
Wow you are godlike!
My latency went away after deleting the cache and restart D3

Just curious, how did you know this?
Reply Quote
I had a problem before, around after 1.05 or one of the minor 1.04 patches where Diablo wouldn't connect after maintenance. One of the suggested fixes was to delete .tfil and .mfil. I also remembered something like this happening to WoW and the fix was always to delete the cache, so I tried both. It ended up working then, and for every connection issue I had that happened right after an update or maintenance. I thought of trying it today when people were talking about how this happened after the tuesday maintenance.
Reply Quote
Hmm I follow ur method. it seems to be better but the latency bar still show around 250ms to 270+ms
Reply Quote
Can't help you beyond that, buddy - my own lag seems pretty much fixed right now. Sorry.
Reply Quote
@sylak I done that too but still latency around 250 ms to 290ms but much smoother than before maybe lesser ppl online atm. I've contacted the cs and they reply:.

Hail!

Thanks for contacting us about your game.

This is a known issue that we are working hard to fix. Thank you for your input! :)

Let us know if you have other questions.

Best Regards
Rep. Gaedhildite
Account & Technical Service Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
Edited by Xtasis#6192 on 3/22/2013 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Up... still have latency issues. The workaround which involves deleting the cache and .tfil and .mfil files didn't improve anything for me.
Reply Quote
Hi guys, can you do a tracert., esp singnet users. I sent in a support ticket and they say they suspect is my isp .

ie: the 2nd hop or 1st hop times out.

I tried it on my office wan (singtel ethernetlink lease line) and it also does the same thing. this is recent because I do communicate to singnet noc re latency to my china office some time in january and my previous routes to china do not time out at hop 1 or 2

I just want to see if its normal. singnet did a software upgrade to network on 21 mar 12mn - 7am cos they sent me a sms regarding restarting the ONT. it may or may not be related.

--
tracert www.hotmail.com

Tracing route to dispatch.kahuna.glbdns.microsoft.com [65.55.143.18]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms www.asusnetwork.net [192.168.1.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 11 ms 3 ms 3 ms 202.166.123.50
4 19 ms 10 ms 4 ms 202.166.123.49
5 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms xe-11-2-0.budweiser.singnet.com.sg [202.166.122.
50]
6 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms 202.166.123.58
7 19 ms 7 ms 2 ms 203.208.191.161
8 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms ge-1-1-9-0.sngc3-dr1.ix.singtel.com [203.208.182
.133]
9 232 ms 216 ms 195 ms 203.208.153.126
10 233 ms 235 ms 236 ms POS4-0-0.access1.ix.singtel.com [203.208.182.214

thanks for your patience with this issue. I understandyour assertion that the connection issue has it's origins on our end, but I'm looking at your traceroute and you're timing out on your 2nd hop before you even get to us. It looks like your router/modem isn't moving your connection out to your home to get to us in a fast enough time to even be recorded as being a live connection. My recommendation is to check on your firmware for your router and see if it has any possible updates available.

can't be router. its a new asus 802.11ac router with latest firmware etc. and this lag behaviour is recent.
Reply Quote
Me also using singnet fiber I phone them yesterday they did test and trace route and say problem nt with them and most likely blizzard issue. And weird part is this issue of high latency has never occure before and strangely only after last Tuesday server maintainence the latency suddenly went wild.
Edited by Xtasis#6192 on 3/23/2013 3:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Lezard
Just tried something. Deleted the cache folder in Diablo 3 > Data_D3 > PC > MPQ's and deleted the .tfil and .mfil files in the main D3 folder. Ran the game again, which recreates these files and folders and takes a few minutes of downloading. Am now sitting on less than 200 ms. Will continue to play and see if this remains stable throughout the night.

ok this seems to work
for me.

I noticed before i did this, act 1 games were mostly lag free, yet act2/act3 was laggy.

after everything.

I just created an act 3 game and its green all the way.

will continue to monitor

--
I also did a few things.
a) restarted modem.
b) set primary dns on modem to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 208.67.222.222
(googledns and opendns)
c) turned on QOS for diablo 3 (ports 1119,6881~6999 tcp and udp)
d) flush dns on pc ipconfig /flushdns
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 3/23/2013 3:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I receive time out after hop 17 onwards all the way to 30 is time out.
Reply Quote
hmm. I just tested.
my friend also lags. I invite him to my act 3 game with no lag. he also has no lag.
I change to act 2 game. this act 2 game has lag.likewise my act 1 gam

seems like the lag is game specific. or its just a matter of timing again.. guess have to wait it out till next tuesday and see
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 3/23/2013 3:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Lezard

Just delete last tuesday patch... which is 12or13th march file in cache folder and delete .tfil and .mfil files in the main D3 folder will do. It working well for me.. Don't need to delete whole cache if not you going to re-download everything take awhile.
Reply Quote
I try to uninstall the d3 program and reinstall it . it seems fine for now . still hv to monintor to see if ant high latency a not.
Reply Quote
i was in a lag free pub game, then it suddenly lagged after 3 elites. then now all the games I made (about 5) are all lag.. I'm going to see if unisntalling d3 does anything
Reply Quote
Hmm the lag came back again after a few games high latency again... ;( nope uninstalling doesn't work.
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 06:39 AMPosted by Xtasis
Hmm the lag came back again after a few games high latency again... ;( nope uninstalling doesn't work.

I trhink you and i hit the same thing. we think our changes (reinstall/delete cache) worked, but actually the lag was intermittent. it came back 35 minutes ago. I suppose it did for you as well 16 minutes ago from this post.

in anycase, I'm still re installing 62.5% now.
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 3/23/2013 7:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yeah its been like ok for a few games then all the high latency starts again
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]