Diablo® III

Blizzard PAX stream. Announces HearthStone CCG

Ok, I get it - this is their annual April Fool's prank, but they wanted to do it at PAX, so it's early.
Reply Quote
View profile
It looks fun. I really wish MTG was at this level of presentation.
Reply Quote
is this an april fools joke?
Reply Quote
View profile
I guess we know where Jay Wilson went to ...
Reply Quote
WThell i whos thinks its call of duty : modern cards [RUS ver.]
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 07:21 AMPosted by the5rites

Hmm well the only problem I see with HearthStone is because MTG isn't driven by animations MTG games go insanely fast, you just put a card down and its the next persons turn. Close to the speed of light. Most people play online using the F6 hotkey, that makes it even faster. Veterans of MTG will be used to this kind of speed.

In HearthStone I wonder if you will be able to skip animations? If not I think this will hurt those playing over an insanely long period of time because animations become repetitive, just like listening to the same NPC 1000 times.

My only hope is that they change up the animations, they should have more of an aftereffect than an initial play effect. That way the player can be doing things whilst the previous animation is finishing. Like the card hovering thing seems cool, but I dunno.. Guess I'd have to play the game to know for sure.
Edited by Null on 3/22/2013 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
look funy ofcorse :) free to play wot do you wants [RMAH ? xDD ]
fans of WoW will by really Excited
Reply Quote
I you really want a RMAH, use the one in D3 for filling your Battle.net Balance. And use it to buy deck.
Reply Quote
I have to say, Unexpected.

like some of the poster above, I checked the calendar in case due to time travel or something It's 1 april already.

PC, mac and eventually Ipad ? why don't they go android. Android is the future.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/22/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Null

Hmm well the only problem I see with HeartStone is because MTG isn't driven by animations MTG games go insanely fast, you just put a card down and its the next persons turn. Close to the speed of light. Most people play online using the F6 hotkey, that makes it even faster. Veterans of MTG will be used to this kind of speed.

In HeartStone I wonder if you will be able to skip animations? If not I think this will hurt those playing over an insanely long period of time because animations become repetitive, just like listening to the same NPC 1000 times.

My only hope is that they change up the animations, they should have more of an aftereffect than an initial play effect. That way the player can be doing things whilst the previous animation is finishing. Like the card hovering thing seems cool, but I dunno.. Guess I'd have to play the game to know for sure.

I know there is MTG Online but come on ... its so outdated. Duals of the plainwalkers is fun and newer but doesn't allow you to make your decks from scratch, and thats most of the fun.

Blizzard just announced a game that has it all imo .... but unfortunately its not MTG. I hope Wizard looks at this and overhauls digital MTG.
Reply Quote
April fools! ... oops, that's next week and this is for real. /sad - My Blizzard excitement is out the window.
Reply Quote
I know there is MTG Online but come on ... its so outdated. Duals of the plainwalkers is fun and newer but doesn't allow you to make your decks from scratch, and thats most of the fun.

Blizzard just announced a game that has it all imo .... but unfortunately its not MTG. I hope Wizard looks at this and overhauls digital MTG.

I don't know if MTG can be opened up to more appeal, Wizard's need to make a new game with super fast flashy graphics and lower the entry difficulty, keeping the qualities of fast play + competitiveness bringing it up to date with today's multimedia visual presentation.

MTG is just too complicated for most people + has inherent flaws.
Resource management needs to be revised. Many card games realize this in today's age. The whole land/mana system is very broken, causes too much randomness and punishment like forcing a mulligan with no lands. In very tight competitive play this type of thing instantly breaks the game in constructed. Also cards are getting stupidly powerful just to keep people interested/playing. Like the whole double strike, and with certain setups you can quad strike with two combat phases. It's just insane.

While I still enjoy MTG, regardless of its shortcomings it is an amazing game that leaves you with a lot to think about with every experience. You are right HearthStone is no MTG, and that is probably a good thing, we don't need a clone. But it would be nice if they cater the game around fast play and don't band-aid this type of feature in later (like disabling animations) that would be lame.

Casual players might not notice the speed issue, but after you play the same card for the billionth time, you really just want it on the board, not waiting for it to do flashy magical stuff first.
Reply Quote
View profile
Haha and like that, about an hour after blizzard's CCG presentation, Wizards of the Coast announces Magic the Gathering 2014, and many pax goers who played it at the booth saying its no different than 2013 except for the new cards.
Reply Quote
Honestly I was laughing at first but after watching the 7 minute trailer about what it is I'm hyped.

The fact that it's free and you unlock more cards by winning sounds amazing, I'll likely spend more time on this than D3.
Reply Quote
Makes sense that they make video games for you grandparents now...
Reply Quote
OP, post something relevant, IMO. And not stuff that's already on every tech/gaming newsfeed in the world. (Pointlessly so, I might add.)
Reply Quote
Omg aren't you guys excited for the awesome card game ? Oh boy oh boy, so glad I pushed aside a stack of work papers to tune in for this...
Reply Quote
View profile
03/22/2013 11:26 AMPosted by STG
OP, post something relevant, IMO. And not stuff that's already on every tech/gaming newsfeed in the world. (Pointlessly so, I might add.)

I posted this while it was streaming live. Catch up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]