Diablo® III

Blizzard PAX stream. Announces HearthStone CCG

03/22/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Formosa
I am done with this company.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Reply Quote
I just read that you're supposed to buy the cards.

You're supposed to buy them.

Please, someone tell me if I got something wrong, or explain it better to me. Because it does feels like something else Blizz does to get more money. And that disappoints me and saddens me.
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Formosa
I am done with this company.

But I'll still come to the forums and play the game on another account.
Reply Quote
These online card games are becoming popular so it makes sense that they would jump on the band wagon.. They are simple, and very easy to both produce and play. They will no doubt be linked to a physical card that you buy at stores (candy isle next to Pokemon and anime games). My kids like them.

Online stores will add new venues to purchase rare or online only versions and packs of cards will also have rare and pack only cards that you submit to your account via a item code. Wow also has a card game like this that uses codes found on cards for in game mounts and vanity objects.
Reply Quote
What I don't get is why doesn't Blizzard just use their already established WoW TCG IP for this instead of creating a whole new IP?
Reply Quote
I thought they had a TCG? I have some of their card so so I take it I wont be able to like put a code in to use those cards? I don't entirely mind I love card games my self I just play for fun so, this looks quite interesting..
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 01:25 PMPosted by PandaSageSvn
I take it I wont be able to like put a code in to use those cards?

Very unlikely they have designed new sets from scratch. I too have boxes of those cards, was trying my luck for the epic mount ;p.
Reply Quote

Please, someone tell me if I got something wrong, or explain it better to me. Because it does feels like something else Blizz does to get more money. And that disappoints me and saddens me.

i agree

what kind of company wants to make money off the products they create. that just doesnt make any sense.

they should give away their hard work for free so all the weirdos that dont understand basic business arent saddened and disappointed.
Reply Quote

Well its a free to play game so I'm figuring they start you out with cards. You can play the game and unlock cards, and win packs of cards, without any purchases. i also saw them illustrate a "crafting" system where, not 100% sure, you can pretty much somehow turn your existing cards that you don't want into cards you do want or need for your decks. It really does look pretty slick but only time will tell if the actual game has traction of not. Other bits of info are that there is initially 300 cards, and packs cost a buck and consists of 5 cards. Also they are tieing it into the actual WoW game somehow

Coming away from the presentation i thought it looked awesome ... but I grew up on MTG as a kid so I'm veeeeeeeeeery sceptical. I really wish Blizzard was actually tasked with handling the Magic The Gathering games and not making there own.
Reply Quote
from FAQ: battlenet balance can be used to buy packs, rmah sink? :)
Reply Quote
If it had 1/2 the depth of MTG, I will be all over it.

Hope it lights up WOTC's behind about their planeswalker game which has no deck builder.
Reply Quote
Activision is behind all this... Now i see that blizzard is not blizzard entertainment anymore but rather Activision behind the scenes and pulling all the strings. #true

Blizzard has lost its true core vision. Now it just joins the vision of Activision. Making copies of other games like magic gathering, pokemon card games.
Edited by URBER#6794 on 3/23/2013 12:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It was made by a separate (and much smaller) team from the other games so it's not taking away from anything else they are doing. Frankly it's kind of nice to have the announcement for one of their games come closer to the time they are ready for beta.
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Greenhell
Basically magic the gathering for kids.

'Cause MTG is for grown persons ? ...........(>°°)>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]