Diablo® III

build help including passive

I am almost geared out of owe, possibly not the greatest gear but I manage. My question is what passive should I replace it with ? Ive read combination strike is my best option but Im curious if I should give up my earth ally, which I love btw, for deadly reach and really benefit from CS and foresight.

Any suggestions for other passives or abilities is an option as well but I generally deal my aoe damage from bells and my ally would kill those pesky ranged enemies like the flies in act 2. Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Exalted Soul is pretty cool in my opinion. Throwing 6 bells in the first seconds of a Elite fight help much, generally.
Reply Quote
Ok well I have tried ES today (as I got some nice gloves that helped me not miss OWE as much). I was happy with it at the start, but then after spending all my spirit it was pretty much like I did not have a passive on at all. 1 spirit regen is really weak, but if I am running for a while it seems to allow me to build up an extra bell before the next group of mobs.

Any other suggestions? I really do not want to regret gearing out of OWE if we don't have a great passive to replace it with.
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 08:24 AMPosted by Buckxgander
I am almost geared out of owe, possibly not the greatest gear but I manage. My question is what passive should I replace it with ? Ive read combination strike is my best option but Im curious if I should give up my earth ally, which I love btw, for deadly reach and really benefit from CS and foresight.

I like Mystic Ally in a lot of situations, but I don't think you need it. You're already loaded with life, and your base armor is 6,500. So I don't think you need Hard Target, either. If you want your head to explode, try this:

1. Replace Hard Target with Overawe or Submission (your choice).
2. Replace Exalted Soul with Combination Strike.
3. Replace Earth Ally with Foresight.

You will be amazed by how fast everything melts. How do I know? Because I was running Earth Ally and Hard Target when switching suddenly became a much better option. And your DPS is where mine is now, not where it was then.

Anyway, your defenses look huge, and you dodge almost everything already. Go for more DPS. Another option is to switch to Backlash and swap Exalted Soul for The Guardian's Path. In this case, I'd also switch Earth Ally to Blazing Wrath. Faith in the Light will provide an effective 11% DPS boost and limit the amount of incoming damage you're taking, so that's another option, but it won't work as well with Backlash because blinded mobs can't kill themselves by attacking you.
Reply Quote
I only use hard target if I am duoing with another monk who is already using overwave (its much much better of a choice). I am not a fan of backlash, but I could always try it again as I am now doing a higher MP level consistantly that what I was before and I think that it might be more worthwhile having enemies actually attacking me instead of my one shotting with bells.

I think that you are right in that I should change out earth ally as my HP is high enough, and combination strike is the best option. Ive tried ES which I did not think was an overall improvement in DPS or HP sustain so, while it was fun, did not seem worth gearing out of OWE.

I am not at MS cap so I think FF will be useless.

I think changing to forsight is the better option all around and boost my DPS by a significant margin. Thanks for the feedback!
Reply Quote
You're welcome. If ToN is your usual mantra, I'd still consider changing it to Overawe or Submission. ToN essentially plays like HT, so everything I said about HT still applies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]