Diablo® III

Password Resets When Logging In

I just upgraded my wife's computer. (Same hard drive but everything else is new.) When I try to log into Diablo 3 I get a message that her account has been locked because I am logging in from an unfamiliar device (or something to that effect) and it tells me to change the password and I get the email confirmation and go through all the steps to change the password and I get a "Password Change Successful". But it just does the same thing every time... Try to log in through Diablo 3, tells me to reset the password, I do, get confirmation email and all that and I still can't log in.

What does Blizzard need? I Answered the security question, I clicked on the link in email, I "successfully" changed the password. (Five times now.) Why can't my wife log in to Diablo 3?

-JJ
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
You did get a response that was correct from another user in another thread you posted in, but just in case someone looks here

1. Put an Authenticator on it. That will greatly reduce the lockouts.
2. SMS Protect can also be used to unlock it if she has that on the account. It sends a code instead of making her reset the password however it does not reduce the lockouts like putting an Authenticator on it does.

If that does not work then she has to put in a ticket regarding the Suspicious Activity Lockout Loop. She is not the first person this has happened to!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]