Diablo® III

Disk loading stutter

I was browsing the forums and just happened to glance at the stickty "Current Diablo III Performance Issues" and noticed "Disk loading stutter". Having had this bug and not finding any good information that helped on this forum, I decided to chime in on what worked for me.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, the issue I'm talking of is when the game image would freeze for anywhere between 2-20 seconds and once the image begins moving again, everything moves around in super speed making up for the actions caused during the freeze time, then continues in normal speed until the next freeze.

My ACPI was the culprit. ACPI is a hardware controlled power saving feature that can be modified from within the bios. I guess Diablo 3 doesn't access the hard disk often enough to keep the Hard Drive from going into power savings mode. But as soon as I disabled ACPI I've had 0 of these temporary freezes, and its been months since I did that. I'm not sure whether the Motherboard or the Hard Disk is what determines ACPI 'timeout' settings but Mobo is MSI z77a-gd65 and hd is ocz vertex 4 (ssd).
Edited by INJEKT#1800 on 3/24/2013 7:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Good info, thanks for sharing :)

I used to have this issue too, then I upgraded to an SSD. I also disabled ACPI at the same time, so I guess the combination of the both is what fixed it for me.
Reply Quote
I don't have the option to disable this in my bios, I can only choose to suspend in either S1 POS or S3 STR.

Anyone know what to do about this?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]