Diablo® III

Nirvana Build Discussion Thread and Guide

07/29/2013 08:41 PMPosted by KimSulki84
I like this build but I am having a huge problem with reflect damage groups, how do you handle them? Is this build ideal for solo farming?

Swap your WKL for LS one when you meet RD pack.

Don't have another LS weapon.. only have a LoH weapon (Shen Long RA), think thats good enough?
07/29/2013 09:17 PMPosted by MasterPUA
Which gearing path should I choose to be effective with this build even when not in Nirvana state?

2 piece Nat's is most OP set bonus in the game. Not using it is viable, but really serves little purpose other than being able to say you dont use it.

07/29/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Archangel890
Don't have another LS weapon.. only have a LoH weapon (Shen Long RA), think thats good enough?

The proc rate on the standard Nirvana build is extremely low. LoH will not suffice.
07/29/2013 09:33 PMPosted by Fitz
2 piece Nat's is most OP set bonus in the game. Not using it is viable, but really serves little purpose other than being able to say you dont use it.

Thanks man. I'll take your word for it and take that route and get a mempo with some crit for the added attack speed.
Bah can't afford another decent LS weapon :( guess I will have to wait to get some and go back to my other build.
07/30/2013 05:25 AMPosted by Archangel890
Bah can't afford another decent LS weapon :( guess I will have to wait to get some and go back to my other build.

You don't really need a great one. Just try to find one with LS/CD/OS/Dex and very low dps.
Yeah I managed to find a 925 DPS sword with 83 crit damage 2.6% life steal, and 87 dex for like 50 million, not the greatest but better for LS. I am not paragon 100 and am giving up my hellfire ring for the SoJ, you think I will suffer a ton taking off the SoJ?
07/30/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Archangel890
I am not paragon 100 and am giving up my hellfire ring for the SoJ, you think I will suffer a ton taking off the SoJ?

Not typically. especially if your HF ring has IAS. Also, remember that a huge majority of your total dps with this build comes from bells, which work solely off MH damage, with dex and cd from OH.

Check my Wave of Light thread for more explanation on this.
So swapping my CD gem with a Ruby is a good idea?
For mainhand weapon, ruby, yes. For OH, emerald.

Read Fitz’s bell guide.
Yeah I just found the link for it, thanks makes a lot of sense now.
I'm loving the nirvana "support" build with sledge fist oh / breaking wave / cyclone.

Just finished MP9 and at one point had 3 savage elite beast in the air for cyclone, bell, cyclone, bell cyclone, bell, cyclone. It looked like I was banging there heads together. Since I do lose DPS they weren't quite dead, so I pulled them, broke them and stunned them while the team finished them off.
I used this sometimes in a group run. It's fun. I called it Suck Bell Nirvana, but Fitz just said the build sucks, and the name fits the name. bahaha

Anyway, here it is:

http://youtu.be/6LPNuAbMeYs
07/30/2013 06:00 PMPosted by KimSulki84
It's fun. I called it Suck Bell Nirvana, but Fitz just said the build sucks, and the name fits the name.

lol

I guess it would be fine if you look at it as a support build. You seriously nerf your dps though by using CS and Bells when in Nirvana, which will nerf your average dps by a ton over time. When not in Nirvana your dps is about 55-60% that of the cookie builds out there, so losing dps while in Nirvana hurts.

If your team is undergeared though, do what you gotta do to survive!
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 7/30/2013 6:45 PM PDT
First Jedi Principle : Survive.
Hi

Can anyone precise the mechanic?

Choice 1
DoT on 1 white mob
Dash to elite
Infused the light
Spam bells

Choice 2
DoT on 1 white mob
Dash to elite
One hit with Fist the Fury on the elite
Infused the light
Spam bells

Thank you
Edited by larage#2111 on 8/9/2013 6:31 AM PDT
Choice 3
DoT on at least 2 elites
Infuse while hitting
Spam Bells
Dash to next mob
Thanks Fitz, I will test later.

For a pack of elites spread in different directions, how do you change the orientation of the bell drops during nirvana? Just pointing to a different elite seems not to work.
>:D
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 8/9/2013 11:07 PM PDT
Most fun build I've used yet!! Thanks Fitz for sharing the knowledge. Can destroy huge packs in mp10 in just seconds now.

Bye bye cookie/wkl <-- Never thought I'd say that, but I just did XD
08/09/2013 06:49 AMPosted by larage
Just pointing to a different elite seems not to work.

You can hold shift to direct bells. Once started though, if you want to change targets, you have to release the button and press again.

08/09/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Hambone07si
Thanks Fitz for sharing the knowledge.

Happy to help!

:D
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]