Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Group game. Lotsa pretty critties.
4mil crits with Pillar of the Ancients.
Big mobs=big damage!
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 3/29/2013 3:52 PM PDT
hahah yeah that's the only problem with this
you can bridge the gap with serenity but you still have to run around like you c.rap your pants for half the time
well at least you have near invincibility for the other half of the time = )
it just make nirvana that much sweeter.. light and dark, pain and joy
I've had some experience with the nirvana synergy, but hated using the build when BW is on cooldown as WotHF sucks !@# as a spirit generator outside of BW/IWL. So with that said, this is a build I'd be dying to try except I am playing around with 2h builds so I don't have enough hours to play around.:
FoT/Quickening helps build spirit faster for the moments you aren't using WotHF/FoF and you can still drop bells relatively quickly and not have to kite while BW/IWL is on cooldown, DS for mobility (although you can substitute with Serenity if you'd rather have that). And CS to give you a free 16% damage buff to all skills simply by using two spirit generators. You can still drop bells every 2-3 seconds when you aren't in nirvana, so it still makes the synergy viable. If you use the stun bells, it might take more time in between spams, but nice to have monsters stunned during that time (especially useful in A2 VotA runs). You can stun the whole screen while in nirvana as well.
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 4/3/2013 9:42 AM PDT
Mantra free build? You da BOSS! XD
*edit, here's my build btw = )
it's a modification of LordRaahl's build# 77 - 7 angels 7 trumpets
Edited by QHTran#1403 on 4/3/2013 9:46 AM PDT
LOL. It's true! But the build I want to try is not that different from the one in post #75. Except I use FoT/Quickening for faster on-demand spirit generation instead of a constant 3 spirit/second that MoH/CB provides.
Although you could also drop DS if mobility is not an issue for you (since FoF does have a very short dash as part of the skill), and you can pop in MoC/Overawe, and pop that right after you enter nirvana and before you drop all dem bells. :)
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 4/3/2013 10:51 AM PDT
Hey Fitz, since we're establishing quite a prestigious build variety here, you might want to make the first post more organized(linebreaks and decorations) and eloquent; and with more history below.
The spirits of the unconscious mind are restless, because they require the original founding build of this mechanic to be posted, to pay tribute to the origin of this species. As I recall back somewhere in time, when I felt the starvation of the Monk's spirit source and looked for a way to its salvation; at some point, I started to wonder what would happen when I put skills with the same numerological numbers together, 12 12, and 5 5 5, and That, was how this came into being.
This is the build that started it all, add it to the front post with proper history.
It acts as an academic historical introduction to this synergy.
- I had an epiphany and put Fists of Fury, Infused With Light, and Forbidden Palace together, for the three 5-second duration. Submission and The Flesh Is Weak, for the two 12 on 12.
- I combined four dot ticks together to see what happens, Exploding Palm tick + Submission Tick + Master of the Wind tick + Fists of Fury tick. Mobs can be pwned with just those 4 dots stacking on them. >:)
- For the passives, when I lined them up with the Zodiac Signs, I put the Scorpio passive with the Taurus passive together, (as they are polar opposites on the zodiac). The Scorpio is about Death, Rebirth, Regeneration, (Near Death Experience) and the Taurus is about Solidity and the healing of Nature (Transcendence), bound together by The One Ring (OWE).
- Name meaning : Andraste is a goddess in nordic and celtic mythology, who represents Love, Wisdom, War, and Death. Like a consort/valkyrie of Odin, some sects also linked her with Vampirism and life after death. The Monk class lacks a feminine-deity to balance out 'Ytar', and so I chose this name, for it matches well with the nature of the Monk.
- And that was the genesis of the Nirvana that you guys know today. A Build discovered completely based on Numerology and not Mathematics. Hence the reverse nature of this build - the player wanting more mobs and stronger mobs to be alive.
- When the spirit pool fills up, I called it, "Darkside of the Moon", because 1/ The Spirit sphere looks exactly like the full moon, and 2/ The 'dark' side of the Moon is never seen from Earth, just like when it fills up your Spirit, it covers all the 'blank' area. :)
- Now keep in mind, that although this build is "Light" based, it is actually "Dark" in nature. Nirvana, is known in western culture as the "Buddhist Heaven". however, in Buddhism philosophy, the state of consciousness of Nirvana, is quite dark.. - It is the end of suffering and end of cravings and worldly desires.
The tranquility.. the emptiness.. the Void that is between Death and Rebirth. Somewhat like Purgatory or Limbo of monotheism, (although those are negative-based, but if you think about it, during the moment of this spirit-overdrive, the Monk knows that when it's out, he is back to normal and the craving returns). In Death, if the soul reaches Nirvana, he can choose not to reincarnate.. roaming forever in the unformed land, eerie indeed. So Nirvana, is somewhat.. Heaven of the Darkside of the Force. ;)
- This is a lore mechanics based on spirituality, and if the Eastern side is given homage, so should the Western, which is Christianity. Here I will explain its sacrilegious Nature.
- The two hits on to enemies, that it takes to gain the spirit, is symbolic of the two nails into each hand on the cross. The third nail into the two feet, is symbolic of the combination of Fists of Fury + Infused With Light together. Then after the moment of agony(spirit regen), the soldier pierced the flesh with the Spear of Destiny, fulfilling 'the covenant' of the messiah, and then the Nazarene said, "Father! why have you forsaken me!" and gave up the Spirit, which represents the complete duration of this mechanic; at which point he then said, "I am thirsty.." and "it is done." Which represents the nature of back to having low spirit again, you are 'thirsty' when it is 'done'.
- That's also another reason why we were keeping it underground, it is dark as fk to explain, lol. And we saw it as the Holy Grail, and a salvation to the Monk's mana starvation; like the Blood Elves who followed Illidan to their doom in Warcraft 3, all for the thirst of magic power. Thus this build can be very addictive in nature, it is like a drug and needs to be used in moderation, lol.
- And They have said this was designed and intended, since it follows a systematic form, and pays homage both Eastern and Western spirituality. If this is "a bug", lol, then it sure as hell is the Neo of the Matrix, haha. Makes one question the sentient nature of bugs' manifestations, doesn't it? >:) If that's the case, they program bugs must have a mind of its own?? and if that is so, then it counters the meaning of program bug itself in the first place.
- and last but not least, when you line up the Latin alphabet with each number for numerology, A=1, B=2, Z=26, etc, the initial of FoF.. is Six Six Six. ;(
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 4/3/2013 12:15 PM PDT
I do agree that formatting (flair) would benefit this awesome thread! :D
If you lower your MP enough so you can burst down Elites in one round of Nirvana you will have great efficiency with the build. Also, BoY makes a world of difference along with the real key here, strategy! I rarely leave fights without a full pool of spirit to enter the next one with. The most fun part of this build to me is actually having to play the game! No EZMODE here, just big rewards for solid play.
Added your build to the OP. I ran this early on without a mantra as well. Overawe is so hard to give up though!
Eh, I really wouldn't want this build to hit the status that the "Gear Swapping" build was in 1.0.6. This synergy is fairly well balanced at the moment, even though it is powerful. Making it OP would just get it nerfed, which is my biggest fear.
I have yet to test this out, but it might actually be better to drop SW/Inner Storm and put Mantra back in. It might not be as visually appealing (as I have gotten visually more used to SW swirling around me). You get to keep the mantra and the monster defence debuff up but your lose the constant flow of DPS surrounding you (which might not be a bad thing, given that you need to keep monsters alive around you -- it might mean FoFing a mob of whites, and then belling elsewhere to keep them alive while maintaining nirvana). So this is what I'd be talking about:
Unfortuately, I've been dedicating all of my time experimenting with 2h play that I haven't been able to give these some good tests. Maybe I'll do it some point this weekend, and see how it goes.
I see, that's what I thought and that's why I don't consider it OP. Easymode is OP. Hence I'm fine with this build and the synergy but I won't use it since I'm lazy. We got a happy monk already, is the lazy monk title taken?
Still, I'd be interested if you compared the "nirvana" build to the CS/EP build in trash mob only KD2 runs.
Yeah run your test and let us know the result
And let me know how the 2 hander goes as well… I might want to pick it up for fun = )
I do hope that they don’t nerf this, it’s the most fun that I have so far with the game
Playing on higher MP is the only way to go with this build .. but it might just be me wanting to feel that adrenaline lol
Ohh and only Nameless can run this without mantra … do you know why? .. it’s because .. he’s BOSS! XD
Maybe I should start calling him the BOSS Monk ;), we have Happy monk, a Sir monk and a Lord monk already
Did you play any of the build yet?
This so call bug build still doesn’t beat out the HoTA/WW or CM/SNS or Perma Gloom or 0dog build though
The reason is we can’t keep it up all the time, it’s just a short 5 sec bust of dmg
This is more comparable to a Sharp Shooter or Meteor or Zombie Bear or Wrath – Insanity dmg burst which are in no way are bugs
Give it a try, it’s hella fun =)
Tried the build last night and it works great but I believe my EHP is an issue. I am currently at 250k-300k EHP.
Ive been running a EP build with great success and find that your build is faster when killing elites but I tend to die more from decreased mobility and lower EHP.
Can anyone please look at my profile and help me decide on what items to upgrade/fix in order to achieve my goal of 300k+ damage and as much as possible EHP.
Things Ive been thinking about...
Replacing my current crafted rare shoulders with vilewards with dual resists and for more armor.
Upgrading nats ring to higher fire resists instead of all resists... should be cheaper as well.
Losing 50-55 dex on nats boots and getting dual resists.
My current all resists are sitting around 510 or so.
What do you all suggest, remember my goals are 300k+ damage with 500k+ EHP.
First, drop OWE and pick up STI. That will give you 50k EHP.
Pick up shoulders with vitality.
Pick up boots with vitality.
Not sure where that will bring you but should be a decent start. Your resists are fine as well as your armor. Your problem is your extremely low vitality.
Use d3up to check all options before purchases!
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.