Diablo® III

2B GAH Gold Cap needs to be raised.

I was looking at the Gold AH the other day and noticed that the really high end items were nowhere to be found. Of course it turns out they were all on the RMAH.

It used to be that 2 Bil gold was worth more than $250 so any quality item could be found on GAH.

Now days 2 Bil gold is like $80-100 due to farmers with 3rd party sites, so AH bots instantly buy anything worth more than the 2 bil cap to sell on RMAH.

So now not only is the value of gold extremely low due to farmers, but you can no longer use it to buy high end items.
Reply Quote
It has needed to be raised for months now. At least now that there are quite a few top tier items that literally can not be found on the gah, instead of just a few absoulutely insane items, Blizzard will finally be forced to act... well sometime "soon".

It would be nice if they could be proactive about such obvious things instead of waiting until the problem is completely obvious.
Reply Quote
This is a double edge sword for a flipper like me.
Reply Quote
To each their own, but I would like to see the cap be about 1.5B and a cap in the RMAH of $50!
Reply Quote
Cap it at 1 bil and 50 on the RMAH. OP has ridiculous demands; rubbish.
Reply Quote
View profile
i don't know how to fix the problems, i just want the game to give me more godly gear. come on game, you know you love me. where all those 6% cc dex mempos at??
Reply Quote
Cap the buyout only,
Allow bid only items to go above 2B
Reply Quote
This is what I have been saying in several other post! OP is correct.

03/23/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Clefmeista

Honestly what does capping it at 1bil and 50bucks do. All that will do is drive every item worth more to D2jsp and 3rd party sites. This is why the cap needs to be raised.

I ask you honestly. Be honest. If you find a 5bil gold item today. Where do you want the cap to be? I bet you would want every bit of that 5bil gold for that item if you found it.
Reply Quote
Cap the buyout only,Allow bid only items to go above 2B

Actually a pretty decent idea. I still think a reasonable 5 or 10bil cap should be in place.
Reply Quote
Considering every good item is now sitting on d2jsp rather than AH'd, I agree.
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Clefmeista

so misguided ...

and poor.
Reply Quote
so misguided ...and poor.

hahaha. that made me laugh.
Reply Quote
I have listened to this rubbish for too long. What in the world would you need billions in gold, if nothing in game could be sold for more then 100 mill? No reason. And wtf does anyone think third party sites would make money if everything was only WORTH 100 mill? If not for gold botters, there would not be billions of gold in game at all. Then what. Stupid people spend hundreds of dollars on gear, the ONLY reason any one buys gear for hundreds of dollars is because they want to farm for gear that they SAY is worth hundreds of dollars. See my point?
Reply Quote
The RMAH has really made this game a botters dream. And yes I have bought gold, in game on RMAH, and I paid too much for it. But this was before this crazy "stuff should be sold for 5 billion". You guys are NUTS!
Reply Quote
Love how people want to cause inflation on items that people should farm for. Also why would somebody bid over 2 Billion if there's going to be a cap on buyout, people will just buyout the item instead of bidding or wait till there's like 1-2 min left on the auction time.

Blizzard hurt themselves by having people buy gold but if people want to put outrageous prices on things that'll be affected by patches or better items then go ahead. People complain that this game is boring because they can't find items. Why don't you stop buying !@#$ in AH and RMAH and start farming and go on item runs.
Reply Quote
This is what I have been saying in several other post! OP is correct.

Honestly what does capping it at 1bil and 50bucks do. All that will do is drive every item worth more to D2jsp and 3rd party sites. This is why the cap needs to be raised.

I ask you honestly. Be honest. If you find a 5bil gold item today. Where do you want the cap to be? I bet you would want every bit of that 5bil gold for that item if you found it.

What the heck makes anything worth more? NOTHING! Figure it out, it is only worth what you can sell it for. So it is rare, so what. It is not like it is a Ferrari ! It is a game, that has botters running everything into the ground.
Reply Quote
Who cares. 1Bil or 50 bucks.
Reply Quote
What the heck makes anything worth more? NOTHING! Figure it out, it is only worth what you can sell it for. So it is rare, so what. It is not like it is a Ferrari ! It is a game, that has botters running everything into the ground.

Supply and demand. Why can't you understand that there are super rare items or rolls on items that makes them worth 5 or 10 or even 40billion gold.

03/23/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Clefmeista
Who cares. 1Bil or 50 bucks.

Who cares is items that are worth way more. We are talking about top notch items or best in slot. 50bucks gets you a crappy hotel. Where 1000bucks gets you a sweet with full service. Its as simple as that. If something is worth 5 or 10billion. or lets take the most expensive item sold. a echoing fury for 40bil gold or 7500euros which is 10,000bucks what it worth that much. maybe. There is nothing like it in the game and someone was willing to pay for it.

There is no ceiling in wealth in life or real world money same applies to the games economy. Just that simple accept it. You either can buy a 40bil gold item or you can't.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]