Diablo® III

2B GAH Gold Cap needs to be raised.

They really should put a lower cap on the items in the GAH, and put a 1% POSTING fee on items for the RMAH.
Reply Quote
I offer 1B or 50 bucks for BiS. Cap it until the end of time, Blizz! ;D
Reply Quote
The cap doesn't need to be raised. Back when there was a high demand for top shelf items & they sold on a regular basis, an argument could be made then to raise it. Now with a smaller player base, less people wanting or willing to pay such high prices for items.

When prices drop enough that players start buying gold from the RMAH again. That is when players will know what an item is worth. Instead of posting items on the basis of what only a very few people are willing to pay.
Reply Quote
yes
GAH gold cap need to ba raised
and only be able to sell/buy gold on RMAH
Reply Quote
Honestly what does capping it at 1bil and 50bucks do. All that will do is drive every item worth more to D2jsp and 3rd party sites. This is why the cap needs to be raised.

I ask you honestly. Be honest. If you find a 5bil gold item today. Where do you want the cap to be? I bet you would want every bit of that 5bil gold for that item if you found it.

There we go again with the "worth" argument. This is the reason the games economy is in such a sad state, it's people like you that have ruined it.

Enjoy the game for what it is, find items and kill baddies. Not find something and tack an asinine price tag to it that most will never see.

Or try even this... try using the item.. crazy idea I know.
Reply Quote
Honestly what does capping it at 1bil and 50bucks do. All that will do is drive every item worth more to D2jsp and 3rd party sites. This is why the cap needs to be raised.

I ask you honestly. Be honest. If you find a 5bil gold item today. Where do you want the cap to be? I bet you would want every bit of that 5bil gold for that item if you found it.

There we go again with the "worth" argument. This is the reason the games economy is in such a sad state, it's people like you that have ruined it.

Enjoy the game for what it is, find items and kill baddies. Not find something and tack an asinine price tag to it that most will never see.

Or try even this... try using the item.. crazy idea I know.

Hahaha TRUTH!!

You greedy little kids won't see any of my gold with your dreamy price tags ;)

1 BIL - GAH
50 DOLLARS - RMAH
Reply Quote
I was looking at the Gold AH the other day and noticed that the really high end items were nowhere to be found. Of course it turns out they were all on the RMAH.

It used to be that 2 Bil gold was worth more than $250 so any quality item could be found on GAH.

Now days 2 Bil gold is like $80-100 due to farmers with 3rd party sites, so AH bots instantly buy anything worth more than the 2 bil cap to sell on RMAH.

So now not only is the value of gold extremely low due to farmers, but you can no longer use it to buy high end items.
Working as intended. Less GG items on gah=more profit for Blizzard. They will never raise the cap.
Reply Quote

Why do you have a problem grasping the concept of worth. I'll try to simplify for you.

In Diablo 3 we have a thing called trading. It helps you to get to the gear you want faster in order for you to have more fun.

In order to facilitate trading making the process easier to understand and faster to execute we have a currency called gold.

Through the use of this currency we have a universal measuring system by which you can judge how many or what quality of items you will gain by trading this item.

We call this measurement "worth". I do not see how this ruined the game. Or every other game in existence that has trading, in which a "worth" will be assigned to any item that is tradable.

Editing in to say the next post is fabulous. Monkeys and bananas ftw!
Edited by Recluce#2273 on 3/23/2013 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 monkeys and 4 bananas.

Let say each monkey's wealth ranges from 10g, 20g, 30g, to 100g.

How would you price each banana? As so can see, no matter how much each banana costs, only a maximum of 4 moneys can have a banana.

Current System: Banana cost 70g+ so only the richest 4 will get a banana each.

People that want lower price cap system: Banana cost is capped at 25g each so almost every money can afford a banana. But what's the problem? There's still only 4 bananas. So this time, the fastest will get the bananas not the most deserving (most gold); or worse, the richest money with 100g will buy all 4 bananas for himself.

So to all the poor and misguided people out there, even if the AH gold cap is lower to 100M gold, you still won't get your bananas because there won't be any. Items are expensive because they are rare. Everybody wants them but there are not enough of them to go around.
Reply Quote
It's ridiculous!

I see this supply and demand argument crop up every so often. It's a complete fallacy. Supply and demand is just a fancy way of saying your a greedy SOB.

- Just because I may have the last pen in the world, doesn't mean I need to sell it for 1B
- Just because I may have the only car in the world, doesn't mean I need to sell it for 10B
- Just because you may have access to rare materials, it doesn't mean you have to sell them to the highest bidder

Aside from all that, you can just as easily sell it to the lowest bidder, those who need it most, give it away for free, or hell even use it yourself.

Don't kid yourself with the supply and demand garbage. The economy is in the state it is for 2 reasons:

1. Botters
2. Greed

" I do not see how this ruined the game."

If you can't see this, you have no business even playing. It's time to work on some common sense before you fire up any video game again.
Edited by Deadlysynz#1583 on 3/23/2013 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Elderone
As long as we have parasites like this in the game the problem will be here.

Which parasite you speak of Mr. WoW player?
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 02:46 PMPosted by Clefmeista
I offer 1B or 50 bucks for BiS. Cap it until the end of time, Blizz! ;D

Your just trolling now. I doubt you have 1bil or 50bucks.

He doesn't understand cause he is small
Reply Quote
Don't kid yourself with the supply and demand garbage. The economy is in the state it is for 2 reasons:

1. Botters
2. Greed

" I do not see how this ruined the game."

If you can't see this, you have no business even playing. It's time to work on some common sense before you fire up any video game again.

Ah, the if you do not agree with me you are wrong argument. Brilliant, you must be right then. Btw, you are correct about botters, but wtf do you even mean about greed. You don't want good gear? I should not want it? Do you even know what you are talking about?

- Just because I may have the last pen in the world, doesn't mean I need to sell it for 1B
- Just because I may have the only car in the world, doesn't mean I need to sell it for 10B
- Just because you may have access to rare materials, it doesn't mean you have to sell them to the highest bidder

Again you show your ignorance. Pricing based on supply and demand allocates resources efficiently. For an example of how this works look up economic analysis of anti-gouging laws. They always hurt EVERYONE! They do not allow prices to rise to send a signal to the rest of the market to beeline resources to where they are needed asap.

Of course I do not expect you to bother doing any research to actually understand what you are talking about. After all, you used the "greed" meme. But one can hope you might, just might, want to actually have an idea what you are talking about in the future.

PS. I noticed you didn't even bother to address my explanation of worth, or how you can possibly have a problem with it. Oh, I forgot the if you don't agree with you are wrong argument. My apologies.
Edited by Recluce#2273 on 3/23/2013 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 monkeys and 4 bananas. Let say each monkey's wealth ranges from 10g, 20g, 30g, to 100g. How would you price each banana? As so can see, no matter how much each banana costs, only a maximum of 4 moneys can have a banana.Current System: Banana cost 70g+ so only the richest 4 will get a banana each.People that want lower price cap system: Banana cost is capped at 25g each so almost every money can afford a banana. But what's the problem? There's still only 4 bananas. So this time, the fastest will get the bananas not the most deserving (most gold); or worse, the richest money with 100g will buy all 4 bananas for himself. So to all the poor and misguided people out there, even if the AH gold cap is lower to 100M gold, you still won't get your bananas because there won't be any. Items are expensive because they are rare. Everybody wants them but there are not enough of them to go around.

I really enjoyed this BTW. pretty accurate thx.
Reply Quote
REMOVE AH...

Increase item value per drop and reduce drop rate a lot!

Make it hard to find a legendary.. Make finding one a epic experience.
Reply Quote
*You're, retard; and finance is not an issue.1 BIL or 50!!!

No reason to name call. We are all friendly debating. If finance isn't a problem the then spend 10bil gold.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]