Diablo® III

2B GAH Gold Cap needs to be raised.

03/29/2013 09:42 PMPosted by Newtype
hyper inflation today is still not enough for u all

The cap causes hyper inflation.

If the cap was removed, a lot more gold could sink out of the economy, making gold more valuable over time, therefore lowering the price of items over time. The more gold sinks, the healthier the economy.
Reply Quote
hyper inflation today is still not enough for u all

The cap causes hyper inflation.

If the cap was removed, a lot more gold could sink out of the economy, making gold more valuable over time, therefore lowering the price of items over time. The more gold sinks, the healthier the economy.

Ya, if they put a 80% tax on whatever u sell then i believe removing the cap is good for everybody!

If not, only gold sellers, flippers,botters, dupers will benefit from it!
Edited by Newtype#1254 on 3/29/2013 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 09:55 PMPosted by Newtype
Ya, if they put a 80% tax on whatever u sell then i believe removing the cap is good for everybody!

Do you realize that 3billion gold items sell on 3rd party websites everyday? If they could be sold on the gold auction house, the auction house would take 15% of it. That is 450million gold deleted out per item. That is more gold than most accounts make in a year. PER ITEM EVERY DAY The cap prevents this from happening.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 09:58 PMPosted by Chillaxin

Do you realize that 3billion gold items sell on 3rd party websites everyday? If they could be sold on the gold auction house, the auction house would take 15% of it. That is 450million gold deleted out per item. That is more gold than most accounts make in a year. PER ITEM EVERY DAY The cap prevents this from happening.

It doesn't matter how high the cap is or no cap at all. The thing is the current model is NOT working, and that is why we came to the hyper inflation stage we have today!

The reason why people cry for removing the cap is because the gold is SO CHEAP now! All these gold sellers, flippers,botters, dupers dont have enough earnings when convert gold into real $ ! They need the cap to be removed so they can sell u items in xxx bil then they can sell u back xxx bil gold for real $.

Yes they can sell it for more than 2bil on 3rd pty site right now but there is a big prob for them! The buyer population is SMALL there! they cant get enough buyers to generate enough profit for themselves! Thats why they need the main stream AH to tab on the LARGE pool of buyers in order to make more profits! get it?

Also i purpose the following to blizzard to kill off 3rd pty site once and for all! See my nx post
Reply Quote
These are good ideas to kill off gold seller and 3rd party site at once!

To stop gold sellers:

1) Put a cap which a person can only trade X gold to another person per day. I mean in game, not the AH. For example, set 1 mil/day is the maximum. So a gold seller need 100 days to complete a transaction of 100 mil. This can almost kill every 3rd party gold seller out there.

Q) Some people may argue, how do i help my friend to gear up like that?
A) The answer is to buy him the item and pass it to him directly.

Q) How about repair then?
A) 1 mil/day is more than enough for a day's repair bill.

Q) You nuts? how am i going to trade with my friend then?
A) 99% of the players don't use the trade window to trade (its a fact). So most likely you are lying and just want to buy/sell stuff from 3rd party sites.

To stop AH flipper and inflation:

1) Put a counter on any item that bought from AH. You cant resell the item within 7 days. This will increase the risk a flipper have to take. He need to take a higher risk for the price fluctuation and some unforeseen situations in the AH for 7 days.

Q) Isn't it punishing the legit players too?
A) I believe most of the legit player wont buy and resell the item within 7 days. Only flippers do..

Q) What's wrong with flipping? I buy low and sell high only!
A) It sounds nothing wrong but actually it mess up the whole economy and make the majority suffer! Why? Items are the most important assets in D3 world. Same like our property in real world. A flipper, deliberately flipping the price everyday just for personal gain. No body is out there to control him and not enough measures are in place to stop him from doing it without limits. That's why we have such a huge financial mess in real world and as well in D3 world. We must put a stop to it or at least add some control measure.. FYI, most flippers are actually gold sellers...

2) Put in place a progressive tax system. A super gold sink! We should tax the rich more than tax the poor don't you think so? This will help to fight inflation and make flipping far less attractive.

For example, an item sold for >1.5bil = 40% tax, >1bil = 35% tax, >750mil = 30% tax, >500mil = 25% tax, >250mil = 20% tax and anything 100mil and below = 15% tax.

Q) You crazy? this will make me poor! i rather sell the item on 3rd party site!
A) No, this will not make you poor. When the inflation got corrected, you gold worth more per dollar. You cant sell on 3rd party site either. Due to the max 1mil/day cap i suggested above, you cant trade anything more than 1mil. This will kill off the 3rd party market completely :)
Reply Quote
Aren't you all surprised at how many communist are playing Diablo 3 when they are supposed to be toiling their fields to feed the people of their motherland.
Edited by AvantGarde#6595 on 3/29/2013 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 10:20 PMPosted by Newtype
Isn't it punishing the legit players too

Newtype. You are beyond crazy. Your ideas would hurt legit players and hurt the game way more than they would help. You have absolutely zero understanding of economy and are beyond help.
Reply Quote

To stop gold sellers:

Can you please stop posting that crap in threads all over the place? Hasn't the lack of any positive responses hinted to you that your ideas are not helpful, beneficial, or desirable at all?
Reply Quote

To stop gold sellers:

And what's to stop gold sellers from telling a player to put a white item on the AH for 115 million and buying it from him? Sure they lose 15% because of the AH fee but it will still work out cheaper for the player to buy from third-party than from RMAH because of 25c floor. Your limit on in-game trading will just be a pain in the !@# for legit players.

Look, it's not $%^-ing rocket science- the best way to stop botting is to ban bots, something Blizzard is failing miserably at. Gold caps, gold floors, trading bans whatever, none of this stuff affects botters at all because botters are not noobs and know how to get around these things. Noobs are the ones who get screwed over because they sell their 10 billion lucky find for 2 billion not knowing they can get more for it, or buy their gold for 25c per million not knowing they can buy gems and convert them to gold for a rate of 10c per million or get third-party gold for 6c.
Reply Quote

To stop gold sellers:

1) Put a cap which a person can only trade X gold to another person per day. I mean in game, not the AH. For example, set 1 mil/day is the maximum. So a gold seller need 100 days to complete a transaction of 100 mil. This can almost kill every 3rd party gold seller out there.

Q) Some people may argue, how do i help my friend to gear up like that?
A) The answer is to buy him the item and pass it to him directly.

Q) How about repair then?
A) 1 mil/day is more than enough for a day's repair bill.

Q) You nuts? how am i going to trade with my friend then?
A) 99% of the players don't use the trade window to trade (its a fact). So most likely you are lying and just want to buy/sell stuff from 3rd party sites.

To stop AH flipper and inflation:

1) Put a counter on any item that bought from AH. You cant resell the item within 7 days. This will increase the risk a flipper have to take. He need to take a higher risk for the price fluctuation and some unforeseen situations in the AH for 7 days.

Q) Isn't it punishing the legit players too?
A) I believe most of the legit player wont buy and resell the item within 7 days. Only flippers do..

Q) What's wrong with flipping? I buy low and sell high only!
A) It sounds nothing wrong but actually it mess up the whole economy and make the majority suffer! Why? Items are the most important assets in D3 world. Same like our property in real world. A flipper, deliberately flipping the price everyday just for personal gain. No body is out there to control him and not enough measures are in place to stop him from doing it without limits. That's why we have such a huge financial mess in real world and as well in D3 world. We must put a stop to it or at least add some control measure.. FYI, most flippers are actually gold sellers...

2) Put in place a progressive tax system. A super gold sink! We should tax the rich more than tax the poor don't you think so? This will help to fight inflation and make flipping far less attractive.

For example, an item sold for >1.5bil = 40% tax, >1bil = 35% tax, >750mil = 30% tax, >500mil = 25% tax, >250mil = 20% tax and anything 100mil and below = 15% tax.

Q) You crazy? this will make me poor! i rather sell the item on 3rd party site!
A) No, this will not make you poor. When the inflation got corrected, you gold worth more per dollar. You cant sell on 3rd party site either. Due to the max 1mil/day cap i suggested above, you cant trade anything more than 1mil. This will kill off the 3rd party market completely :)

You've got to be kidding,
Next time when you went to other ppl's discussion, please READ WHAT OTHER PPL HAVE SAID AND ADDRESS THEIR POINTS FIRST before abruptly write up something completely stupid which HAD ALREADY BEEN COVERED BY PPL IN THE THREAD.
Reply Quote
03/27/2013 10:17 PMPosted by Amiscar
i just cannot comprehend how stupid some people can be after so many posts have been made to explain this.

Strange,how the 1% think that know better and all others are wrong...maybe the stupid here is you... makes me remember some kind of people...

LOL
DID you count the ppl in this thread before making your 1% claim???
If you didn't fine go ahead and do it..if you did count yet still made that 1% claim...yeah you are stupid.
Reply Quote
Next time when you went to other ppl's discussion, please READ WHAT OTHER PPL HAVE SAID AND ADDRESS THEIR POINTS FIRST before abruptly write up something completely stupid which HAD ALREADY BEEN COVERED BY PPL IN THE THREAD.

He didn't write that for this thread. That was a copy paste job.

He originally made his own thread without any positive feedback, asked for a blue response, and the thread quickly died. He followed by copy pasting that into a thread about the constant gold site spam today because a blue posted in it and he was hoping to get their attention.

I do not know if he spammed anywhere else (easy enough to check but who cares right) but he then saw this thread and hoped his bad ideas would get traction here.

I am sure he means well and all that good stuff, but then again there is nothing more harmful in this world as good intentions coupled with ignorance.
Reply Quote

He didn't write that for this thread. That was a copy paste job.

He originally made his own thread without any positive feedback, asked for a blue response, and the thread quickly died. He followed by copy pasting that into a thread about the constant gold site spam today because a blue posted in it and he was hoping to get their attention.

I do not know if he spammed anywhere else (easy enough to check but who cares right) but he then saw this thread and hoped his bad ideas would get traction here.

I am sure he means well and all that good stuff, but then again there is nothing more harmful in this world as good intentions coupled with ignorance.

Whatever points he's making it's basic he addresses the points already made by other ppl on the same thing first.
edit Apparently he doesn't know that basic commonality and wonders why he gets ignored.
Edited by Contra#6857 on 3/30/2013 12:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
PS. If your goal for the game is making money, then what I have posted would seem crazy to you. So I want you to know this. I couldn't care less about how you feel. As far as I'm concerned, your parasites. Your the major contributors to killing the economy. Yet by your ignorant mindset, you continue to make it worse. Instead of making it better for yourself & enabling yourselves to making more money. That's how monumentally stupid you are.

Oh & have a nice day. :D

Haha nice insult, just to be clear my goal is not making money (I have a job), I just want to have fun and play the game.

I say good day.
Reply Quote
smart
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]