Diablo® III

2B GAH Gold Cap needs to be raised.

There is a reason Blizzard put a cap on the AH. I don't think it's going to change.

IMO, no item is worth 2B gold.

Everything in place since release Blizzard 'had a reason' and see how many of those were epic failures and need to be fixed by patches 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 1.05, 1.07 and 1.08 within a year?

Yeh it's your opinion, and my opinion too when it comes to equipping my own char.
Reply Quote

If I want to sell an item on a third party site for 50 billion gold I will. The fact is Blizzard should not have a cap on the GAH now that gold has become inflated. And if you want to fix items not costing so much, make Blizzard fix the drops where it doesn't take 2000 hours of gameplay to find godly gear.

Allowing third party sources is why gold has become inflated.
Reply Quote

If I want to sell an item on a third party site for 50 billion gold I will. The fact is Blizzard should not have a cap on the GAH now that gold has become inflated. And if you want to fix items not costing so much, make Blizzard fix the drops where it doesn't take 2000 hours of gameplay to find godly gear.

Allowing third party sources is why gold has become inflated.

OMFG '3rd party site' includes trade section of this forum and ANY place where buyer meets a seller outside AH you GENIUS.

Edit: and the inflation is entirely thanks to Blizzard who enforced gold as currency while making gold so easily obtainable (oh did I mention 300 GF% bonus?).

'Allowing third party sources is why gold has become inflated'...LOL
Edited by Contra#6857 on 3/23/2013 8:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard can't hear you, they are busy in the PS3/4 room atm.
Reply Quote
Yep, the best items cannot be found on the GAH. The reason is because of the gold price ceiling.

OP's post is a very legit concern.

Unfortunately, only people who understand economy truly understand how price floors and price ceilings hurt economy. Poor people who don't understand economy think putting limits on the price people can sell things helps them when it in fact hurts them.

The poor people who don't understand economy vastly outnumber the logical economists. This is a battle that cannot be won simply because of sheer numbers.
Reply Quote
buyouts should be removed, instead we should get an option to set how much time we would like to see the auction up, or more auction slots, or both.
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 12:04 PMPosted by abb1
To each their own, but I would like to see the cap be about 1.5B and a cap in the RMAH of $50!

So 20% of the active player base has to search 3rd party sites endlessly away from game time to find upgrades? You are a genius...

Protip: the 1% that had that kinda gold stopped being the 1% ages ago..
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 3/24/2013 12:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have to ask: How the heck could anyone get 2 billion gold?
Reply Quote
You are in your own little fabricated game world

You're in the same world I'm in. The difference is that I'm more knowledgeable of the cause and effect of economical limitations than you are.
Reply Quote
REMOVE AH...

Increase item value per drop and reduce drop rate a lot!

Make it hard to find a legendary.. Make finding one a epic experience.

This. Problem solved.
Reply Quote
03/24/2013 01:26 AMPosted by Sÿlak
Sssssshh, rest you head here on daddies chest Ssssshhhh the game will still be there when you awake

You are very clever and witty. That is definitively a script worthy of nomination for some awards. This is a video of my reaction:

http://youtu.be/H47ow4_Cmk0
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 3/24/2013 1:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/24/2013 01:00 AMPosted by Sÿlak
Unfortunately, only people who understand economy truly understand how price floors and price ceilings hurt economy.

*whispers* You are in your own little fabricated game world. Ssssshhhh go to sleep.
:)

Well you surely take pride being a moron.
Reply Quote
cap it at 10million, RMAH $1

;D
Reply Quote
what are those caps good for anyway? Is blizzard afraid to see people sell their stuff for more then 250$? Like 12 000 $? Or that the price of gold will somewhere stop at 0,02 or 0,01$?
Reply Quote
REMOVE AH...

Remove RMAH make Legendaries GODLY. Than you can reduce the drop rate ^^.

or

If you want to raise the cap than drastically raise the price of commodities too so you can get more money out of them at least or make white and grey items usefull by increasing they item value 10k-50k per item. This way people who actually play the game rather than AH and gain some money faster so they can afford better gear quicker, oh and stop blaming botters for your GREED... No wonder there are so many botters if the prices of top gear are so high and believe it or not there are people who can play the game without the extensive use of their credit card... I wonder how many of you would easily do ubers at MP8-10 WITHOUT using RMAH or botting.

Increase the cap and than you'll see even MORE bots and make the the black market the only place where you can get items suitable for MP5-10...
Reply Quote
REMOVE AH...

Remove RMAH make Legendaries GODLY. Than you can reduce the drop rate ^^.

or

If you want to raise the cap than drastically raise the price of commodities too so you can get more money out of them at least or make white and grey items usefull by increasing they item value 10k-50k per item. This way people who actually play the game rather than AH and gain some money faster so they can afford better gear quicker, oh and stop blaming botters for your GREED... No wonder there are so many botters if the prices of top gear are so high and believe it or not there are people who can play the game without the extensive use of their credit card... I wonder how many of you would easily do ubers at MP8-10 WITHOUT using RMAH or botting.

Increase the cap and than you'll see even MORE bots and make the the black market the only place where you can get items suitable for MP5-10...

You lost me

edit lol make white and grey items usefull by increasing they item value 10k-50k per item, really, really???
Edited by Contra#6857 on 3/24/2013 5:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

edit lol make white and grey items usefull by increasing they item value 10k-50k per item, really, really???

It always amazes me how people come out with suck bad ideas.
Reply Quote
Tuva - NO...

The entire AH needs to be adjusted. I hate the AH and the RMAH...but, it is a necessity unless Blizzard fixes something.

I have to admit that I am a hypocrite though as I used some gift cards to buy gold so I can purchase gear because the drops are so bad and I couldn't make it through Inferno without better gear - I do not play all the time so the ratio of farming time to gear collecting is low for me - so, in order to play on I needed better gear and thus had to pay for it.

The RMAH and AH make it easier for players to gain gear, but at higher prices, it makes it again, almost impossible to get decent gear without spending real money. If anything, the cap should be lowered so that casual players have access to gear.

Before all you haters pipe in, keep in mind that there are players, like me, who have families and jobs and play sporadically - so we do not log in the hours as some other players can do.

So, explain to me how having higher price caps in gold make it better? The RMAH should have a price cap that is linked to gold value - as it is, everything is overpriced in the AH/RMAH - and in order for players like me to use it, we need to farm even more to afford gear to keep playing - kind of like a catch 22 actually - more time is needed to gain gold for the AH but without better gear, farm time becomes difficult without better gear so you need to farm for it. Bottom line is that drops suck - and the crafting sucks and both are expensive and so is the AH/RMAH...
Edited by Myrmidon#1640 on 3/24/2013 6:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]