Diablo® III

beta app SystemCheck_enUS bug

beta app SystemCheck_enUS bug - not sure which forum to post issue in
Full topic title, but too long to type it in the title box

I was using this to update my system's stats to the Blizzard website. But is has made one rather error. It says I have a Intel HD Graphics 3000 when in reality I have a AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB.

I know this is not the right place to report such a bug. But I tried to submit a website ticket, and there is no option to select an issue of this type that allows a ticket to be sent. And I don't know of any general forum area for non game battle.net related issues and bug reports so I am reporting this here.

My 2 questions are:

1. Is here ok to report this kind of error? And if not where do I/can I report this?
2. Can anything be done about this issue?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Can you post your system specs? It might be helpful in figuring out what's tripping up the beta profiler app.

Obtaining and Posting System Information

1) Click on the Apple Menu while holding down the Option key and select System Profiler (10.6.8) / System Information (10.7 and later).

2) Copy the information from the following sections and paste them into your post. Please copy in the following order: Hardware Overview, Graphics, and Software. Do not include any serial numbers, hardware UUIDs, or account/login names or information in your post.

Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This is something we're aware of for Machs that have more than one graphics chip/card and on the newer Sandy/Ivy bridge Macs.

This shouldn't affect your chances of getting into beta.
Reply Quote
This is something we're aware of for Machs that have more than one graphics chip/card and on the newer Sandy/Ivy bridge Macs.

This shouldn't affect your chances of getting into beta.

My Mac is an iMac.

Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Software OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

So it's not one of the macbook Pros with 2 different graphic card in it. I am aware this is an issue for those MBPs, but I have an iMac so it should not be like that for me as I only have one graphics card.

2) Copy the information from the following sections and paste them into your post. Please copy in the following order: Hardware Overview, Graphics, and Software. Do not include any serial numbers, hardware UUIDs, or account/login names or information in your post.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1F
SMC Version (system): 1.71f22

Graphics/Displays

AMD Radeon HD 6770M:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6770M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6740
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C0170C-170
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.544
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Connection Type: DisplayPort

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.3.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal

Is that enough information?

And thank you both for your replies. I just was not sure where to put this issue on the forums so I chose here. And I know this does not affect the beta lottery chances. I just wanted to report this so the app can be fixed so it can be the best it can be. And that everyone else can have a better experience with the app.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
And thank you both for your replies. I just was not sure where to put this issue on the forums so I chose here. And I know this does not affect the beta lottery chances. I just wanted to report this so the app can be fixed so it can be the best it can be. And that everyone else can have a better experience with the app.

Anything that helps with the beta app for end users is a Good Thing™ in my book. We've had the app break before, right when the 5870 cards first appear for the Mac Pro. It's probably a "similar, but just different enough to annoy the app's devs" issue this time around.

Now if we could just get a standardized way of handling OS X's resolutions mess we'd be golden. :P

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]