Diablo® III

Accidental Selling gear to Merchant

(Locked)

Blizz,

Please do something about this. It is a sad day for my friend who accidentally sold his Chantodo Wand worth 400mil to the merchant and did not realised it until after he left the game. This normally happen when u identifying a gear which has already been identified and you swap the gear accidentally without realising. I too happened to sell a Echoing Fury worth 80 mil when I was half asleep running the routine xp farming. How many of us are not tired after hours of grinding?

The worst I read is No 2 DH in USA server accidentally sold his No 1 dps dex ring of the server to the merchant. Same kind of mistake. Now he can't find a similar replacement.

Why can't you do something simple like :- give use a button on the inventory character window to lock all the gears which we are wearing? Only by clicking the release button will allow swapping or selling the gears on our character.

By doing this, we will not make any mistake or accidentally drop our gears.

I hope everyone will support my thread by commenting and maybe tell us your own bad experience.
Hope Blue will pick it up and do it in the next patch.
Edited by Cameo#6595 on 3/22/2013 9:22 AM PDT
Item sink working as intended.
Vendors have items on them until you leave the game, whoever did this should have been more careful.

blizzard can't hold your hand at all times.
03/22/2013 07:54 AMPosted by Ritalynn
Vendors have items on them until you leave the game

Not if you've sold a whole inventory if crappy rare items.
03/22/2013 07:55 AMPosted by shndany
Vendors have items on them until you leave the game

You need to buy back everything until you see the wand.
Its a stupid tax.
03/22/2013 07:58 AMPosted by LeafOnTheWnd

Really? I didn't know that, thanks for the info :D
03/22/2013 07:58 AMPosted by LeafOnTheWnd

This is something new to me too!
What is being asked for with threads like this is (take your pick):
- Take away my responsibility to know the rules of the game
- Don't make me abide by the rules of the game
- I don't want to pay attention to what I am doing
- Why do I have to live with the consequences of stupid mistakes

Aside from your mommy, you cannot expect others to hold your hand in life. This is just a game and Blizzard is a company. This is not Mayor Bloomberg in New York City.
I too have swapped my items accidentally while identifying items. The difference is I know my stats and items and I take my time. Would you rather a series of annoying popup dialogue boxes appear every time you ID, switch, buy, or sell an item? No thank you.

I'm amazed at how people panic when they accidentally lose or get scammed out of an item in this game. You're learning valuable life lessons on the cheap. Take your time and be more careful. Maybe you shouldn't be farming D3 20 hours a day if you're getting so tired you're making mistakes. That's life's little sign to take a break.

With gold values these days that 400 mil wand and 80 mil mace are worth about a pack of gum and a stick within. I think you guys will recover. We're pulling for you!
Something I just learned also is that you can click on a rare to ID it and while it is ID'ing you can right click on blues/whites to sell them at the same time.

I agree they need to make a change in swapping gear. I think it should be shift+ right click to swap gear. Of course when they add ID all this will mostly remedy the issue anyway.
03/22/2013 08:11 AMPosted by iLLiCiTMedia
I too have swapped my items accidentally while identifying items. The difference is I know my stats and items and I take my time.

^ This

That isn't to say that it wouldn't be nice to have a "Lock Items" option however.
This is why you ID items while at the vendor screen. If you accidentally right click an IDed item, it will just sell it rather than swap it. There is no reason NOT to do it this way. Anyway, the next patch will have an "ID all" feature so you won't have to worry about it anymore.
Double check whenever you sell stuff. It's not hard, you know? Blizzard shouldn't "do something" about something that's entirely your fault for not paying attention. I've never sold anything i didn't want to, even though i have actually switched my gear while identifying. No biggie, because i pay attention to what i'm doing. Why can't your friend do the same?
id gear while you are in the salvage or repair screen, you can't swap gear by mistake neither can you sell them.

when you are sure everything is for sale, then open the buy back tab and sell from there.

, all the while keeping an eye on armor and dps. it is unlikely you will sell anything by mistake if you actually pay attention.

---
also do not sell while people are completing quests, this will close the vendor screen and your next right click will swap gear.
---

yes I agree that the current system is stupid. we should have right click = id/sell, SHIFT right click to gear swap. this solves most issues.

but in the mean time, the tips above will help
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 3/22/2013 9:01 AM PDT
while being careful should be top priority, its probably just a matter of time for me too.

Simple fix: put a little lock button you can turn on/off next to your inventory person. This would lock all your gear on your person until you turn it off.

If this is annoying to you...then just leave it off.
while being careful should be top priority, its probably just a matter of time for me too.

Simple fix: put a little lock button you can turn on/off next to your inventory person. This would lock all your gear on your person until you turn it off.

If this is annoying to you...then just leave it off.

Precisely what I suggested.
Not trying to be mean here but..... how bout we pay attention to what we're doing and be more careful.
Blizz,

Please do something about this. It is a sad day for my friend who accidentally sold his Chantodo Wand worth 400mil to the merchant and did not realised it until after he left the game. This normally happen when u identifying a gear which has already been identified and you swap the gear accidentally without realising. I too happened to sell a Echoing Fury worth 80 mil when I was half asleep running the routine xp farming. How many of us are not tired after hours of grinding?

The worst I read is No 2 DH in USA server accidentally sold his No 1 dps dex ring of the server to the merchant. Same kind of mistake. Now he can't find a similar replacement.

Why can't you do something simple like :- give use a button on the inventory character window to lock all the gears which we are wearing? Only by clicking the release button will allow swapping or selling the gears on our character.

By doing this, we will not make any mistake or accidentally drop our gears.

I hope everyone will support my thread by commenting and maybe tell us your own bad experience.
Hope Blue will pick it up and do it in the next patch.

Your "friend", if he exists, paid the stupidity tax... assuming you aren't full of crap. 99.99999% probability you are full of crap, though, so meh.
03/22/2013 09:27 AMPosted by Jackal
Not trying to be mean here but..... how bout we pay attention to what we're doing and be more careful.

If this can happen to the No 2 DH in USA server, it can happen to anybody. BTW, his ring is call "Bulleyes star" - Avg Dmg 33-67 , Dex 97, CC 6%, CD 47% and AS 7%. No 1 dex dps ring at that time.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]