Diablo® III

Accidental Selling gear to Merchant

(Locked)

All you people giving the OP grief for not being careful for a moment. Why the hell can't blizz put a lock on your equipped items? Just like commas in the AH these things can't be that hard. The damn game promotes fast farming which by definition means you are maybe not being as careful as you should be
Although I'm not a fan of the hot swap right click, if it must be in the game then it's logical that there should be a lock button. Or even better, a way to turn it off altogether in preferences.
View profile
05/22/2013 01:43 PMPosted by evok
All you people giving the OP grief for not being careful for a moment. Why the hell can't blizz put a lock on your equipped items? Just like commas in the AH these things can't be that hard. The damn game promotes fast farming which by definition means you are maybe not being as careful as you should be

Why the hell cant Blizz put a lock on your equiped items? Why the hell cant you be more careful? The question goes both ways. Perhaps the reason is they want you to be more careful about what you do. The game doesnt promote rushing through everything. That is simply the way some players play. But this game isnt a race for everyone. Perhaps the devs arent promoting fast farming and the devs want you to slow down and be more careful.
05/22/2013 02:08 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
Perhaps the devs arent promoting fast farming and the devs want you to slow down and be more careful.

You must be frickin joking. There is not nearly enough content here for people to do it slowly after the first time through. What are you stopping to smell the roses? Hard to believe there are still you fanbois a year later
It's happened to many, many people. They've been asked many, many times to "please" fix this problem. They haven't. They won't. It's probably very simple coding to add an item lock too...so sad.
Been there done that, sucks to be me, should have been paying more attention.
03/22/2013 07:58 AMPosted by LeafOnTheWnd
You need to buy back everything until you see the wand.

um no it doesn't work that way.

Put over 1000 hours into the game and say you don't want this. Stuff happens and a check box in options for no gear swap would be the way to go.
This is just user error in all honesty.. Why aren't you using id all or identifying in the vendor. There are conveniences now that if you double right click it will sell to vendor if you id in vendor. There is Cain's book to identify all so you don't have to right click at all. If you don't want to id certain items theres a stash.

Sure they should add a disable hotkey to switch items, still it's easily preventable.

I don't know how you don't notice things like that in the first place however.. How do you accidentally sell a legendary. If you are selling without even reading stats (even fast farmers read to see if it's a dps gain or health gain) it's your fault. Honestly this story is either fake or you are just a moron considering you sold a legendary that was bonus stats without even noticing until you log off.
Blizzard can't protect people from their own stupidity.... Just saying.... No matter what they do someone will find a way to mess up and blame the game.
This is a simple fix to lock inventory items. I say Blizz just do it, mistakes happen, easy fix, move on to next whine.
Stats on the wand?
View profile
05/22/2013 02:27 PMPosted by evok
Perhaps the devs arent promoting fast farming and the devs want you to slow down and be more careful.

You must be frickin joking. There is not nearly enough content here for people to do it slowly after the first time through. What are you stopping to smell the roses? Hard to believe there are still you fanbois a year later

You realize that the lack of content makes the game nothing but a loot grind right. So why would they make it so that you can find things quickly and easily? They need time sinks in the game to slow you down otherwise what would you do once you find everything quickly? Sell it on the rmah? Well pretty sure they want to slow you down from doing that as well. Making you slow down and be careful of what you sell is just one way of slowing people down. Funny how you think I want to slow down and smell the roses and that makes me a fanboi. I want to find more phat loots as much as the next guy. I am simply explaining a possible reason they are trying to slow players down.
05/22/2013 03:39 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
I am simply explaining a possible reason they are trying to slow players down.

Yeah I follow your reasoning but I don't buy it. They want to slow people down by pissing them off? Cause that's what happens when you lose an item and it doesn't make good business sense to me.
View profile
lol @ op
I was once walking home from school and had my head down reading a book. I then accidentally walked into a tree branch. I didnt ask the council to remove the tree, for obvious reasons.
View profile
05/22/2013 03:56 PMPosted by evok
I am simply explaining a possible reason they are trying to slow players down.

Yeah I follow your reasoning but I don't buy it. They want to slow people down by pissing them off? Cause that's what happens when you lose an item and it doesn't make good business sense to me.

They do alot of things that piss players off. You find an OP build that lets you farm faster and easier they nerf it (DH caltrops). You find a stat that is really OP and buy a bunch of gear with it and they nerf it (IAS). You get a really good set bonus and they nerf it (ok they didnt nerf it but they did change it so you have to find someone with a legacy set). The idea of pissing off players really doesnt seem to be a concern.
Community Manager
Blizz,

Please do something about this. It is a sad day for my friend who accidentally sold his Chantodo Wand worth 400mil to the merchant and did not realised it until after he left the game. This normally happen when u identifying a gear which has already been identified and you swap the gear accidentally without realising. I too happened to sell a Echoing Fury worth 80 mil when I was half asleep running the routine xp farming. How many of us are not tired after hours of grinding?
We certainly appreciate the feedback, but I wanted to offer some clarification about a feature that went into patch 1.0.7 a few months ago that might have slipped your notice.

One of the changes we made in patch 1.0.7 was that you could now identify items while in the vendor window. So if you talk to a vendor, you'll be able to identify it using right click, and then you can also choose to sell it with a second right click. As usual, if you accidentally sell an item, you can still retrieve it from the vendor’s buy-back tab while still in the same game.

While you are in the vendor window, you should no longer be able to right click on an item in your inventory and accidentally equip it. Effectively, having a vendor window open while identifying your items should help ensure that you do not inadvertently equip items while you are identifying them.
IDK how you actually do that, if you just ID and sell without lookin at what you ID'd then yeah I guess but otherwise you either check what you id and low and behold stat compare is better, odds are you swapped, so well, you swap back.
I almost did this once so what I started doing was, id everything and at whatever vendor, id check each piece of gear when deciding to vendor or not.
BTW the point of #2 dh blahblahblah, who fkn cares? Are you saying he DW credit cards better than anyone else? When you EARN your gear etc you tend to care a little more about where it is, also as previous posters have said, again, if you play the game instead of using money to get to the top, you see things like what your EXACT CC CD IAS etc are all at. Just pay attention lol.
I have never done this. The reason why is because I am more careful and I pay attention. Your friend has (hopefully) learned his lesson and will pay closer attention next time he is vendoring items.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]