Diablo® III

Accidental Selling gear to Merchant

(Locked)

05/22/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Ryoka
I was once walking home from school and had my head down reading a book. I then accidentally walked into a tree branch. I didnt ask the council to remove the tree, for obvious reasons.
This. If you are too stupid or lazy to take care in what you do, live with the consequences and don't whine. The D3 staff can only do so much hand holding.
Blizz,

Please do something about this. It is a sad day for my friend who accidentally sold his Chantodo Wand worth 400mil to the merchant and did not realised it until after he left the game. This normally happen when u identifying a gear which has already been identified and you swap the gear accidentally without realising. I too happened to sell a Echoing Fury worth 80 mil when I was half asleep running the routine xp farming. How many of us are not tired after hours of grinding?
We certainly appreciate the feedback, but I wanted to offer some clarification about a feature that went into patch 1.0.7 a few months ago that might have slipped your notice.

One of the changes we made in patch 1.0.7 was that you could now identify items while in the vendor window. So if you talk to a vendor, you'll be able to identify it using right click, and then you can also choose to sell it with a second right click. As usual, if you accidentally sell an item, you can still retrieve it from the vendor’s buy-back tab while still in the same game.

While you are in the vendor window, you should no longer be able to right click on an item in your inventory and accidentally equip it. Effectively, having a vendor window open while identifying your items should help ensure that you do not inadvertently equip items while you are identifying them.

And of course, in 1.08, by introducing Identify All. :) Nobody right clicks to identify anymore, so I cant imagine how anybody could still have this problem. :)
Sort of pathetic that blizzard doesn't have a core item lock function. Or even a character function page, where you can swap through your equip builds by pressing 1,2,3,4, ect. What's worst is the lack of viable builds that can be used. But you know, it's not a subscription base game however it does feel like a beta testing game. Guess you have to give them some credit with fixing the problems they themselves dag a hole in. But then again their errors outweigh their contribution. Meh anyways more time more time. :l
I lol every time I see these posts... can't fix stupid

¯\(°_o)/¯
Honestly I wish you could implement some super easy way to distinguish the function of a right click... make a check box option in the game menu so that to swap items, you have to hold ctrl + right click or shift + right click or something. Is that hard to program?
I agree with most of the other posters here in their advocacy of the SouthPark "It" bike. Where things are designed unintuitively for the sake of sating the designer's wishes. Although this is not so much an issue given Identify All (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT BTW) but uh a simple change to the keystroke that equips an item would be nice. Shift+Click or even R1+X.
Also that's why theres ID all to prevent this.
Hey item lock would fix all these problems please put in item lock
Please learn from your mistake, asking people to correct your mistake will not make you a better person. This is real life lesson, learn from your mistake!!!
Blizz,

Please do something about this. It is a sad day for my friend who accidentally sold his Chantodo Wand worth 400mil to the merchant and did not realised it until after he left the game. This normally happen when u identifying a gear which has already been identified and you swap the gear accidentally without realising. I too happened to sell a Echoing Fury worth 80 mil when I was half asleep running the routine xp farming. How many of us are not tired after hours of grinding?
We certainly appreciate the feedback, but I wanted to offer some clarification about a feature that went into patch 1.0.7 a few months ago that might have slipped your notice.

One of the changes we made in patch 1.0.7 was that you could now identify items while in the vendor window. So if you talk to a vendor, you'll be able to identify it using right click, and then you can also choose to sell it with a second right click. As usual, if you accidentally sell an item, you can still retrieve it from the vendor’s buy-back tab while still in the same game.

While you are in the vendor window, you should no longer be able to right click on an item in your inventory and accidentally equip it. Effectively, having a vendor window open while identifying your items should help ensure that you do not inadvertently equip items while you are identifying them.

Thank You
Please understand that D3 is a long grinding game and I must admit that sometime I do play the game half asleep. In this situation, stupid things will happen and I almost lost my bils worth of weapon after selling to the maroon but realized early enough to buy it back. FYI, I do know stories like, one of the top 5 DH did sold his no. 1 ring in the server to the merchant and could never find a good replacement for a long time.

Why can Blizz just give us a simple solution i.e. a simple button on our character sheet that can lock our gears? If people don't like to lock, just don't turn them on. Simple solution but yet so difficult to implement?

Oops! Din't realized it is my old thread.
Edited by Cameo#6595 on 5/22/2013 7:50 PM PDT
05/22/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Effectively, having a vendor window open while identifying your items should help

A simple toggle option to disable "right click to equip" would solve this problem 100%.

It's working as intended. A real-time gold sink :P
they already introduced ID-all feature now, there's no point to ID items and being "accidentally" sold any equipped gear. Must be very careless to do so now.
05/22/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Sweko
A simple toggle option to disable "right click to equip" would solve this problem 100%.

An even simpler solution is: just go ID every item using the ID-all thingy beforehand.
hey,error proof design is needed

we only want to show us disappointment when we do something wrong.

we want you blizzard can help us to error proof on programming.

even in the end, you blizzard will tell us "hey, you can do it yourself"
that will make us feel that you are not do continuous improvement, but do very well on continuous disappointment.
03/22/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
Double check whenever you sell stuff.

Always eyeball it. If it's green across the board, it's your old gear your vendoring.
05/22/2013 07:24 PMPosted by Maykind
Please learn from your mistake, asking people to correct your mistake will not make you a better person. This is real life lesson, learn from your mistake!!!

you are right, but
most of us play this game for fun, not for saddness or learn lesson.
03/22/2013 07:50 AMPosted by Cameo
Why can't you do something simple like

like pay attention, this will prevent something stupid ?
Edited by JeRu#2586 on 5/22/2013 8:36 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]