Diablo® III

Accidental Selling gear to Merchant

(Locked)

05/22/2013 10:31 PMPosted by Cameo
If you sell thrash again quickly without care

Then you live with the consequences
Effectively, having a vendor window open while identifying your items should help ensure that you do not inadvertently equip items while you are identifying them.

Even if the odds of this happening are very low, even if the vendor window should prevent this, even if it's completely the player's fault, even if the player "deserves" it for being stupid and careless... losing an item worth a few-hundred-million gold is too high a price to pay for even the most ridiculous of mental lapses.

Devs, you really need to implement a feature that allows players to "lock" items. It's just common sense. =)
Edited by Hades#1850 on 5/23/2013 7:05 AM PDT
Blizzard should look into how PoE soft locks the equipped gear so accidental vending isn't possible and copy their method.
Blizz,

Please do something about this

i could give a !@#$ less what u lost, all your chars are rich as f***. stop your whining.
I logged on specifically to comment on this. My sympathies for what happened to you, OP...but nobody is obligated to bail you out. It saddens me how this generation believes that if a person makes a mistake, that they should automatically assume that a bailout or handout is needed. It is not that person's fault, it was the circumstances, so therefore "gimmie".

I do not mean to offend, OP, but you made the mistake. It was your error. It was not blizzard's fault how tired you were. Regardless of the new features that dampen the mistake making...the blame lies nowhere but your own. Please don't look for someone to give you a handout due to your mistake.

Personal responsibility is an endangered species these days.
I think most of the people that have posted in the first page are huge E$R%^&. When and if it happens to you we will see if you keep saying be more careful and BS stuff.
I agree with the OP. Many times people are tired and youve got so many rares need to be vendor o salvaged that this could easily be mistaken of a piece you didnt want to sell or salvage.

Its happen to me, fortunatley i didnt log before I realized it.

I dont think it should be very hard for devs to implement a checkmark or something you can choose the gear you NEVER want to sell by accident, and only by unchecking the protection will you be able to.

This is not an outrageous request nor game breaker.

I fully support this new idea for gear protection.
the simplest solution to this is to have an option on each piece of gear to lock it in place .. and if you want to switch with an upgrade you would have to unlock that gear piece and remove it then put the new one on and lock it in place.
Almost happened to me once, however I as I was selling my items I realized the stats on it and quickly did a buy back. Personally I think the OP should be a bit more careful, there are plenty of other issues to focus on then a lock-in option in D3.
I logged on specifically to comment on this. My sympathies for what happened to you, OP...but nobody is obligated to bail you out. It saddens me how this generation believes that if a person makes a mistake, that they should automatically assume that a bailout or handout is needed. It is not that person's fault, it was the circumstances, so therefore "gimmie".

I do not mean to offend, OP, but you made the mistake. It was your error. It was not blizzard's fault how tired you were. Regardless of the new features that dampen the mistake making...the blame lies nowhere but your own. Please don't look for someone to give you a handout due to your mistake.

Personal responsibility is an endangered species these days.

I don't understand why every bridge need a side railing. Is it not the responsibility of the drivers to be more careful when driving across the bridge? If a tired driver accidentally drove into the river where the bridge has no side railing, can you please answer me whether it is the driver's fault or the construction company's fault. If prevention is easy, why not just have it?
i think about the people who make these posts and
do these things and i think...
man, games from the 80s and 90s would eat them alive.
may i make a suggestion Vaeflare, how about when you want to vendor something you can only do it when your on the buy back tab? btw i think it was a great change and i did notice that change in 1.0.7 but i didnt know that it would also lock your items that are equipped.
05/23/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Cameo
I don't understand why every bridge need a side railing. Is it not the responsibility of the drivers to be more careful when driving across the bridge?

D3 has a side rail. It doesn't have a pulley system that pulls the car in a perfectly straight line across the bridge, completely eliminating any chance of crashing into the rail.

05/23/2013 09:06 AMPosted by BlacKabuk1
may i make a suggestion Vaeflare, how about when you want to vendor something you can only do it when your on the buy back tab?

I always sell from the buy back tab. First I repair. Since you can't sell from repair, I then go to buy back and sell. I don't need to be forced there, I go there myself.
Edited by Dralix#1318 on 5/23/2013 9:07 AM PDT
thats what i do as well i just figured that perhaps that should be the actuall vendoring tab/ buy back tab so that mistakes liek this will happen less.

It happened once with some IK boots for me but i learned from it
You can NEVER make a mistake like this if you ALWAYS review the item upon selling.

No matter the scenario many of you have spelled out, simply reviewing every item at the very moment you right click to sell it will avoid selling the wrong item. Especially with high value items, you'd never vendor it whether you would use it or not. Even if you reviewed the item 600 times before, just take the half a second to review it again before selling. Take responsibility for your own actions and become wiser because of it.

I don't even feel the need for a gear lock, I see it as an item sink, something the game needs.

If you're really bent up about, request a rollback and deal with BoA gear.
Edited by Deadzors#1394 on 5/23/2013 9:22 AM PDT
ID all has pretty much eliminated this issue. ID all, then go to vendor, you can't right-click equip anything while in the vendor window. The OP's post was made 2 months ago before the ID all function was added, but even then you couldn't right-click equip items while in the vendor window. Please stop replying to this thread, they have fixed this issue as much as it needs to be fixed.
Paying attention is hard to do.
There's no cure for stupid, OP.
i think about the people who make these posts and
do these things and i think...
man, games from the 80s and 90s would eat them alive.

Exactly. People want everything handed to them these days.
05/22/2013 06:21 PMPosted by Ethezial
I have never done this. The reason why is because I am more careful and I pay attention

Get over 2000 hours and tell us this. Human nature will catchup to you sometime. I hope it doesn't but the odds are not in your favor over the long run.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]