Diablo® III

Hall of Godly Farming Monk Thread

Just wondering if someone would like to start up a thread like this. It may be fun and add some excitement to your gaming. I won't be able to keep updating the monk thread so someone else has to volunteer their time. I would highly suggest you adjust your categories and maybe incorporate a TR and regular build.

This is the thread that I created for the DHs. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8196653711?page=1#0
Reply Quote
yesyesyesyesyesyes.

DO IT.

I will compete in every damn category! :D

-Druin, the happy monk
Reply Quote
I'm surprised that nobody wants to do something like this.
Reply Quote
Im sure plenty of people want to do it...but someone will have to step up to adminster the thread
Reply Quote
yea, i would be down to farm with new people, all i been doing lately is playing on pub games
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 10:07 AMPosted by Xoran
Im sure plenty of people want to do it...but someone will have to step up to adminster the thread

He already did it for the DH's, and would be doing this one as well.

These threads actually help the whole community, so that others can see who is the best of the best, and change their gear around to get closer to them.
Reply Quote
View profile
Probably need a different type of thread title to draw more interest. This just sounds elitist.

Probably something more along the lines of competition and that fact that time is involved.
Reply Quote
Looks good to me!

Gott get to paragon 100 sigh.
Reply Quote
yesyesyesyesyesyes.

DO IT.

I will loose to Narcolepsy in every damn category! :D

-Druin, the happy monk
Reply Quote
I forsee 2H TR-bell farmer tops the chart.

~ sadding DW monk ~
Reply Quote
TBH I think something like elites killed in X amount of time or mobs killed at X amount of time would make a better "farming" indicator/competition.

I went to look at the DH thread, and the guy who was the "fastest" had skipped mobs in his video, which breaks the rules you originally set. And honestly, killing every single mobs in a zone makes some pretty inefficient farming.

I think a lot of people doing zones like VotA would actually skip mobs, and sometimes wouldn't even notice it. So you'd have all sorts of inaccurate times, whether intentional or not.
Reply Quote
The reason why I put the rule of must kill everything is because it would be more fair. If it were 90% or 95% how would one know that? One could skip more than the other. There is no way for this to be accurate as elites, shrines, etc. are always different. You can think of it this way about farming, what if that one that you left alone was the one with the godly drop? I've done it before and when working my way back on a map I killed a single monster and bam, a legendary.

One of the other reasons why I made a challege like this is to learn different ways on how to farm. What skills and gear people use which you may learn from.

And no I am not going to create this challenge for the Monk side. I have hard enough time trying to keep up the DH side and hardly anyone is playing. It's not easy trying to play and check for updates thoughout the whole day and night.

Anyone is free on creating it with their own title and rules. Remember now this is just for fun.
Reply Quote
03/24/2013 02:16 AMPosted by BLKDRGN
The reason why I put the rule of must kill everything is because it would be more fair. If it were 90% or 95% how would one know that? One could skip more than the other. There is no way for this to be accurate as elites, shrines, etc. are always different. You can think of it this way about farming, what if that one that you left alone was the one with the godly drop? I've done it before and when working my way back on a map I killed a single monster and bam, a legendary.

I actually though the 90-95% clear would be easier to estimate than requiring a 100% clear. The guy that you marked as "fastest clear" clearly doesn't have a 100% clear in the video he uploaded. That's why I figured a "mostly clear" would make more sense since you let his entry slide even with skipped mobs.

That being said, if he hadn't uploaded the video of his run, we wouldn't even know he had skipped mobs.

I personally think mobs killed per minute is the best way to measure runs, simply because of how easy it is to accidentally skip mobs somewhere.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]