Diablo® III

Question Regarding EULA and Virtual Machines.

Is running Diablo 3 (or SC2 for that matter) a violation of the game's EULA regarding 3rd party programs? I would conceivably be running D3 from inside Linux using a licensed copy of Win7 Pro (same OS/product key as now) from inside VirtualBox OSE as opposed to dual-booting my desktop, which I do now. Is this OK with Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
They don't have an issue with Linux or virtual machines although they are not officially supported, as in if you have issues getting it to work they won't help. Now, there are some who claim to be suspended or banned for using Linux but the blues state that is not the case. Linux alone won't do it.

If you run a search here I am sure you will find some of those threads, as well as the blue responses saying it is ok, but unsupported.

Oh, I would suggest putting an Authenticator on it first if you have not. Otherwise the login detection system may detect a change and lock you out. Authenticators reduce the chances of that happening.
Reply Quote
I've been using an authenticator for my battle.net account for over 2 years...before I quit WoW. Thanks for the info.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]