Diablo® III

New computer help

I'm going to college soon and my current laptop is about four years old so I need to upgrade. Diablo 3 is the most demanding game I play so I want to get something nice since on computer I normally play on I usually leave iTunes, Skype, and Steam open.hat can run this on maximum settings. If possible a little breathing room so to speak would be

Also I thought that that you couldn't replace the processor in a computer but I googled it and you can so is there a part that isn't really upgradable or limits how much you can upgrade your computer? I would like to be able to upgrade the computer in the future, so if there is a part that does limit how much I can upgrade, I would like to maybe find a computer that advances there.
Reply Quote
if you're using a mac, all questions about hardware upgarding is out of the picture.

a processor is a tiny chip that fits on a motherboard on a certain slot which is practically the brain of your computer which does all the calculations and what not, and is generally the most expensive computer hardware to upgrade/replace. also normally requires a cooler to sit on top of it to absorb heat and to prevent it from killing itself if you do a lot of stuff on your computer that's computationally intensive.

my computer is worth about 1300$(all parts considered, most expensive parts were processor and gfx card totalling to about 900$), and can run most games today on max graphics, without any graphic lag/computation lag, to the point where i've started recording videos at 60FPS while playing at max settings with some framerate loss but for 30FPS definitely not problem. so if you have that much money to shell out, then you're probably able to have a desktop computer that will last the next 7 years or more depending on how techgeeked out you are with knowledge regarding computers. (Can stretch it to probably even 14 years)
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 3/24/2013 10:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
if your gonna get a desktop ill help you :3 but i dont deal with laptops their super gross
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]