Diablo® III

iMac freezes randomly during game play

I have a 21.5 inch Mid 2011 iMac.
2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radoen HD 6750M 512 MB

The game has played fine all day. I am now in the 4th level of the cathedral and the game just seems to freeze randomly. I can hear sounds, but no amount of waiting allows the game to catchup. What should I do?

Thanks
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
I see you are using a 2011 iMac. You may wish to update to 10.8.3, as this fixes a variety of issues, including some of the audio stutter/freezing that results in situations like yours.

Here's a link to the combo updater for 10.8.3:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640

(Courtesy: Omega/Omegal/MysticalOS)

Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
^^ This. Let us know if this has helped in any way.
Reply Quote
I have not upgraded to 10.8. I have 10.7.5. I was hoping to fix the issue without spending money.
Edited by rerunnshow#1314 on 3/24/2013 5:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
10.7.5 is likely the last update that OS will see short of a miracle. It is highly suggested that you update to 10.8.3, as it fixes a host of issues that 10.7 left untouched. 10.8 is $20, and is well worth it, especially since that is now the primary OS being supported by Blizzard for its games. 10.7.x is on borrowed time, especially since 10.9 isn't likely to be all too far off (later this year probably), which would put 10.7.x on life support status as 10.6.x is now.

I know this isn't what you really wanted to hear, but you can thank Apple for this one, since Blizzard can only support so many OSes due to Apple never updating critical pieces of even recent OS releases anymore.

Reply Quote
Yeah, unlike windows, graphics drivers come directly from apple in point updates. 10.7.5 will be the last point update for Lion as apple doesn't update there previous OS's once a new one is out, so short answer is aways run apples latest OS if you want the latest graphics drivers.
Reply Quote
I upgraded, Thanks. Seems to have fixed the problem.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Sweet. I never like pointing people to a fix that costs money, but in this case, 10.7.5 isn't going to receive any further updates most likely, so you did the right thing. And you probably increased your performance too since Lion's graphics drivers were...well, let's just say horrible is giving them too much credit.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]