Diablo® III

Dmg: how high can shield monk go up to?

just wondering because of http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Crypter-1856/hero/1213081

I think he normally plays at 600K dps with HoTA spam so his true dps is actually higher

*edit: HA! a monk of the same level or even higher! I don't know someone that understand both barb and monk can do the math
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/photon-1551/hero/7881237
Edited by QHTran#1403 on 3/22/2013 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Roughly 570K unbuffed is the limit, I think. But realistically no one gets there. There are certainly a bunch of 200K+ unbuffed DPS Monks using shields.
Reply Quote
I know my monk sucks but I found a good deal on my shield for 40K. All others were listed 5Mil+
Reply Quote
570K unbuffed? that's very impressive!

600K of crypter is buffed, though it's maintaned through out... does that mean that shield monk can beat out shield barb?

570K unbuffed with combination, deadly reach, fist of fury (the ias one), blazing wrath, overawe spam ... is over 100% more dmg? 1 mil? add that to bell and sw/cyclone dmg?

just wondering if i should go shield to drop sti
Reply Quote
I'm not sure about 570k unbuffed but i'm pretty sure that at least 300-350kk is possible. For me, swapping to my lacuni's and inna's chest/pants will bump me to maybe 270k. Add perfect rolls to everything and the potential's there...
Reply Quote
@zky0
your shield is better then mine, I got mine for 200K I think
gota luv us poor monks eh?
Reply Quote
570K unbuffed? that's very impressive!

For the record, I'm not saying anyone has this. I'm just saying that's what you get if you plug in max Dex, CC, CD, etc into all the gear on d3up.

Anyway, Monks have a ton of buffs and a very high effective DPS to DPS ratio. As for getting that number that paper DPS number that shows up in your profile buffed up, Monks can get that number over 1 million with much a much lower unbuffed total. You know Solo's getting their with about 230K unbuffed, right? (His latest progress, in case you missed it: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8402710386)
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 02:26 PMPosted by zyk0
I know my monk sucks but I found a good deal on my shield for 40K. All others were listed 5Mil+

Hells yeah.
:D
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Demiwraith
Monks can get that number over 1 million

ohh I know this .. tried it with cayzer a few months ago and we didn't even stretch anything but he got it to 1.1 mil paper dmg
my own trolling dps is showing 400 on my monk XD lol

no I'm just wondering about sustained buff dmg that you can roll around with
for Crypter, he is the best shield hota barb that I know of, so having sustained buff of 600K dps while HotA is just plain crazy
I can go up to 200K dps maybe but I can only sustain it with mobs around

for monk is a bit different, I think we can hit higher total damage if we can reach 350K dmg as well
this is with shield ofcourse not 2handers or dw
Reply Quote
@zyk0
did you just quote yourself?
Edited by PuddingHead#1779 on 3/22/2013 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
find a shield with 10 crit chance on it, 70+all res, vit, dex and another res attribute and you will see a HUGHE damage increase.
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 02:26 PMPosted by zyk0

Paid 1000 for the shield on this guy:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Demiwraith-1534/hero/3500618

I'm pretty happy with it :)
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 3/22/2013 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Demiwraith
Paid 1000 for the shield
\
lol oh now you guys are just showing off = P hahaha nah those are good finds = )
1K .. is that from a vendor? or on AH?

I forgot exact stat on my shield but it got dex/vit, litres, +armor, 9critchance think?
Reply Quote
Photon is the highest SnB monk that I know of he's at like 250k it's ridiculous I'm pretty jelly!

03/22/2013 02:29 PMPosted by PuddingHead
I'm not sure about 570k unbuffed but i'm pretty sure that at least 300-350kk is possible. For me, swapping to my lacuni's and inna's chest/pants will bump me to maybe 270k. Add perfect rolls to everything and the potential's there...

Yo PuddingHead sell me that tricross on your wiz man! You don't even play her much ;)
Edited by MrNastyTime#1577 on 3/22/2013 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@zyk0
did you just quote yourself?

haha I just caught that
oops.

I meant to quote

@zky0
your shield is better then mine, I got mine for 200K I think
gota luv us poor monks eh?

hells yea :D
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 03:08 PMPosted by MrNastyTime
Photon is the highest SnB monk

do you have his profile Nr.Nasty? can you link it?
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 04:14 PMPosted by QHTran
Photon is the highest SnB monk

He puts my monk to shame when we run together -.-
Reply Quote
Holy ^&*%! What am I looking at!!
Lol
Wow 98% dmg increase from what I can see… it’s much higher than that though with the 15% ias
514,742.58 dmg so 15% ias will bring it up to 600K or higher?

Wow that’s just crazy man … that plus cycolone … wonder what kind of tdps he’s getting … 2 mil? .. 3 mils? More?

03/22/2013 04:38 PMPosted by MrNastyTime

lol it's okay there're always ppl that are better, like if i run with you I'll just be a spec of dirt on the floor =P
Reply Quote
Just came back to game. What could I do to improve my shield monk? I have 350mill on me still. Also have a new socketed EF on me.
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 04:38 PMPosted by MrNastyTime

holy schnikeys. MNT, gotta admit, your s&b monk has secretly been my role model.

until this point.

that's ok, right? because, like, you are playing wizard now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]