Diablo® III

[Video] New AC2 Paragon Leveling Build

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHwn2vC1Tls

After the 150m exp/hour video I uploaded a couple weeks back, I've been working on better builds for all the common runs I do. I recently uploaded my new version of the MP10 CotA runs (for legendary farming), and now I've uploaded the new version of my MP10 AC2 Exp Farming build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#VegSck!bdZ!ZaYYZa

Basically this build gets rid of the spirit generator, and replaces it with EP-Strong Spirit. Basically meaning two things:

1) Less attacks to kill the Scorpion Packs
2) Can take fleet footed, since EP-Strong Spirit generally maxes out spirit anyways

The end result is a slightly faster, and IMO easier, method to super fast paragon leveling in AC2.

-----

Edit: easier version using MoR:Against All Odds (Helps with potential spirit issues)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGV28i8FboY
Edited by TianZi#1634 on 4/23/2013 4:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Very nice! Thanks for sharing, cant wait to try it!

Only thing that I say was a bit bad was the fact that its purely XP, no elite kills on this at all.

I think a barb can do 200m XP/hr...is this is same route?

Just found this on barbs:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8088289656?page=2

Why AC2 and not KD2?

Sorry another question too is what DPS and eHP do you suggest? MP10 I die very quickly, even to trash mobs :( Min AR, armor, life? Min crit chance?
Edited by Bankai#2591 on 3/23/2013 6:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Great job TianZi!!!

Mind if I link this in my guide / all the time when people ask? :D

-Druin, the happy monk
Reply Quote
Great job TianZi!!!

Mind if I link this in my guide / all the time when people ask? :D

-Druin, the happy monk

That'd be great. I'm actually quite satisfied with this build for AC2 runs now, since it's really easy to play after getting the hang of it, and incredibly effective. Feels much more smooth than the previous build/video I had :)
Reply Quote
Basically this build gets rid of the spirit generator, and replaces it with EP-Strong Spirit. Basically meaning two things:

1) Less attacks to kill the Scorpion Packs
2) Can take fleet footed, since EP-Strong Spirit generally maxes out spirit anyways

The end result is a slightly faster, and IMO easier, method to super fast paragon leveling in AC2.

VERY nice! Great to see others trying things outside the box.
Reply Quote
Hey Tianzi, wondering if u may reply to my questions? :)

Another question too actually! I wondering, ur a experienced DH player as well....can you see some application of this run for DH on MP10?? Like gear high-DPS DH to run keeps 2?
Reply Quote
I think a barb can do 200m XP/hr...is this is same route?

Just found this on barbs:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8088289656?page=2

Why AC2 and not KD2?

Barbs can pass 200m exp/hour on this route, though I don't know if that's their true sustained exp/hour over longer periods of time, or if that's like 1 lucky run.

AC2 because the scorpion packs are more grouped up than the mobs in KD2. Barbs can do KD2 because they can basically spam rend whenever they want. Monks actually need to have spirit to use our abilities like EP/WoL.

03/23/2013 05:55 AMPosted by Bankai
Sorry another question too is what DPS and eHP do you suggest? MP10 I die very quickly, even to trash mobs :( Min AR, armor, life? Min crit chance?

I'm really not sure on the exact numbers. I would think at least 140-150k DPS, and as for eHP if you don't have enough on gear you can replace fleet footed with STI or OWE.

I think eHP is generally a hard topic to talk about, because things like latency actually effect the amount of damage you take by a lot. I had like 450 AR and like 38k HP when I did the run, and it was good enough that I don't really die much.

03/23/2013 08:57 PMPosted by Bankai
Another question too actually! I wondering, ur a experienced DH player as well....can you see some application of this run for DH on MP10?? Like gear high-DPS DH to run keeps 2?

I didn't like my DH for anything relating to high MP, which is sort of why I switched to monk after I finished paragon 100 on it. The DH abilities for high MP generally don't scale as well as for other classes, so you end up spending billions of gold on gear and still turn out less efficient than pretty much any other class wearing half your gear.

I think the closest thing would probably be a spike trap (scatter) build with custom engineering passive, and on some mid level MP. That *should* make use of DH's superior mobility while still killing quickly.
Reply Quote
Tbis is teh plastest methed to pharm paragon lebals...... !@#$.
Reply Quote
Hey Tianzi, great work on this method.

If you don't mind, I have included a link to your diablofans post for people to watch both videos and setups in my TR Guide.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5335593551

keep up the good work ;)
Reply Quote
Hey Tianzi, great work on this method.

If you don't mind, I have included a link to your diablofans post for people to watch both videos and setups in my TR Guide.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5335593551

keep up the good work ;)

Sure :)

I'm surprised you guys managed to get that thread stickied on the EU forums. Druin's TR thread here has 49 pages and over 27k views, and we haven't been able to get it sticked, lol ~_~
Reply Quote
cool thanks.

and actually, we're facing the opposite problem, where we can't get the EU version of KamalJabbar's list of guides stickied LOL ;)
Reply Quote
Hey Tianz how are you able to maintain all of that spirit even though you use tempest rush? When I use it my spirit drains like no other. Are you holding down the tempest rush the whole time?
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 10:40 PMPosted by Hungster
Hey Tianz how are you able to maintain all of that spirit even though you use tempest rush? When I use it my spirit drains like no other. Are you holding down the tempest rush the whole time?

Tempest Rush drains spirit based on your attacks per second. So when you have 1.08 attack speed (skorn+innas pants) it uses 10.8 spirit per second. If you have other IAS gear, like 1.34 attack speed, it would drain 13.4 spirit per second. Based on the gear currently in your profile, I would guess that is the issue that you're having.
Reply Quote
I see what would you suggest I should do?
Reply Quote
View profile
I posted a comment on your video!
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Hungster
I see what would you suggest I should do?

Well, either switch the IAS pieces (aside from pants) to non-IAS pieces, or run a more standard spec with generator. You can do AC2 runs with standard specs like:

FoT - Quickening (or TC)
WoL - Wall
Inner Storm
MoH - Circ Breathing
Tempest Rush
Serinity (or Blazing Wrath)

04/23/2013 12:38 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
I posted a comment on your video!

Haha. Even people at Blizzard call them Scorpions :P
Reply Quote
Do you mind sharing the requirement for such build?

- Skorn with LS%
- unbuff Spirit Regen of ___?
- armor/AR
- Etc.
Reply Quote
I sure got strong love for scorps these days; P level in about 1:10 actual playing time... how can you go wrong??

- Skorn with LS% > YES, you need to live thru this :p
- unbuff Spirit Regen of 5-6 works OK, use templar and SW for the rest (about 9-10)
- armor/AR (4800/500 is OK for me, 5.4k w/ STI helps a lot)
- Etc. LOW iAS like normal TR; WoL SoJ is a must (IMHO)

It's really, really fun :-)
Edited by DethAxe#1328 on 4/23/2013 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]