Diablo® III

Looking for 200k DPS TR Monks

I'm really struggling trying to hit 200k unbuffed as a TR monk. I'm at 182k and the only way I can think of achieving this is to add attack speed which I don't want to. I can also level to 100 but that still won't make me reach the goal. Anyone out there so I can check out your gear?
Reply Quote
What kind of TR are you playing as? An MP1 set up shouldn't need anywhere close to that much AR. Drop AR from pants and belt for 200 dex versions and you'd pretty much be 200k.

PS: Nice Skorn. Looks so familiar...
Reply Quote
I normally do MP2 for leveling cause I can't tell the difference between 1 and 2. I also do MP5 for DE farming. I haven't tried any higher since I got my new gear tonight.
Reply Quote
Looks like you and I are pretty much trying to do the same thing then. I opted for Xeph however so that I had the spirit regen to use Nats + Fleet Footed and still not need a spirit generator. I don't always have the spirit to bell every elite pack, but 85% of them I can instagib and move on.

As to MP2, I still can't get more XP there that I get in MP1. I have to do too many circles to get kills and my cyclones dont clean up as many whites as easily as in MP1. I have also tried dropping fleet footed for exalted soul to slow myself down and get more damage from SW and Submission and have more spirit for bells.

All three options is netting 85-90m/hour xp wise. I really feel like if I could hit 200k dps, the MP2 options would surpass MP1, but I also can't figure out how to get there.

Our gloves perhaps? There is still some room for 50-100 more dex there. Issue is one like mine with high vit, or one like yours with high AR pretty much dont exist in 230+ dex versions.

You can try your luck on some shoulders. You are a bit heavy on life if you wanna do an MP1-2 set up. Maybe a lucky 320 dex roll could squeeze out another 3500 dps for you.
Reply Quote
Gd luck guys! :)
Reply Quote
As another member of the duped skorn club chasing efficiency in mp2 I feel the break point lies significantly beyond 200k dps maybe around 220k? I have some high dex bracers that push me a hair over 200k and I still can't achieve single pass kills in my runs which adds enough time to nullify the additonal 8% bonus item and magic find.
Reply Quote
Holy Hell, nice Mara's...

I'm surprised at your results though tbh. Using exalted soul (7% less relative movespeed) at your DPS I would have expected no problems at all exceeding MP1 xp/hour in MP2.

Right now my fleet footed runs in MP1 are 11.5 minutes each. My MP2 runs with fleet footed are 13.5 minutes, and my MP2 runs with exalted soul are 13 minutes. Mostly cause I have bells for every single elite pack in the latter case, and in MP2 without a bell for an elite I have to TR circle far too long (8-10 seconds) to get a kill.

Efficiency wise, without hellfire, MP2 should be giving somewhere from 9 to 11% more XP over time and actually a bit more than that loot wise since bonus items go from 1 to 8% and I'm killing thousands of whites per run. 11.5 to 13 minutes is only 13-14% increase, so I only need to find 3% efficiency somewhere in my MP2 runs for it to win on both loot and xp/hour.

I figured 20k more dps out to be able to save me 25 seconds a run, but I wasn't really basing that on anything besides my gut feeling. Now I'm a bit depressed lol.

Actually....both you fella's are still using emerald in your (our) skorn. I've found that even though ruby is ~5k less paper dps, its actually faster kills since any crit is a kill after ~350 CD or so. Any higher ends up being useless overkilling while higher base min-max means the non-crit hits whittle down the target much more reliably.

Alot of that bias may be cause I'm using Air Ally however. Crit Damage has no effect on them, they have a set 50 CD.
Reply Quote
i wanna join the duped skorn club. how do i get in?
Reply Quote
Damn, I didn't know it was duped. I only had my monk for two weeks. I was wondering why it was so cheap compared to others. Got it for 750mil.
Reply Quote
Zuni boots will net you more dps with a ~200 dex roll

Missing alot of dex on your gloves

You're using a SoJ. Drop that and gain dps.
Reply Quote
You're using a SoJ. Drop that and gain dps.

The build requires the spirit regen from SoJ. A 6% elemental version however would net another ~1600 dps.
Reply Quote
I have been only running my final end game setup for the past few days, so I have not collected any hard data as of yet and only have my "gut" impression. I am also unconcerned with XP/hour and more focused on legendary and DE / hour so I have not tracked that difference as my gear progressed. It is certainly a possibility that RNG is skewing my current impression of the move to mp2 though. I am planning on doing some data collection over the next week and can keep you informed as such.

As far as the emerald vs ruby goes, I did try a ruby for a bit and found the exact opposite of you. More mobs were left with that remaining <10% health than with emerald. I believe that could easily be explained by the differences in our other gear choices. With my mara's and SOJ I have 59% TR crit which means I'm spawning a lot of cyclones and those cyclones are doing the majority of my killing. The higher crit damage from the emerald is allowing the critical hits from the cyclones to be more effective, whereas the sweeping wind bonus on your SOJ and Air ally are benefiting from a more flat damage as you stated.

I guess until I have some hard numbers from a statistically significant number of runs I may have been a little presumptuous in my statement about 200k not being enough for mp2. Currently also a little discouraged that the last 15k didn't help out enough and may just need to adjust my play style a little also.
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 01:11 PMPosted by Shandlar
A 6% elemental version however would net another ~1600 dps.

Same goes for OP's Innas Favor
Reply Quote
check my monk out, I think the witching hour would help ya out. attack speed with that skorn will help a lot, and innas set bonus is only really worth it for the 130 dex. get a mempo as well the crit chance and attack speed is big for monks. very hard to get monks over 200k for some reason. its up to you to get natalyas set pieces, the ring can be pricey for a good roll. but the 7% will be worth the loss of the the climbers sockets and little better stats. Hope this helps, still looking forward to a high pargon lvl will add a bit to my dps. hope this helped!
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 04:48 PMPosted by MrMonk
check my monk out, I think the witching hour would help ya out. attack speed with that skorn will help a lot, and innas set bonus is only really worth it for the 130 dex. get a mempo as well the crit chance and attack speed is big for monks. very hard to get monks over 200k for some reason. its up to you to get natalyas set pieces, the ring can be pricey for a good roll. but the 7% will be worth the loss of the the climbers sockets and little better stats. Hope this helps, still looking forward to a high pargon lvl will add a bit to my dps. hope this helped!

do u have any idea what's TR?
Reply Quote
Lol worst necro ever
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 04:25 AMPosted by BLKDRGN
I'm really struggling trying to hit 200k unbuffed as a TR monk. I'm at 182k and the only way I can think of achieving this is to add attack speed which I don't want to. I can also level to 100 but that still won't make me reach the goal. Anyone out there so I can check out your gear?

I suggest you change your HF ring to something else herpes trifecta ring >;) Cheers!
Edited by BONEYARD#1410 on 4/15/2013 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
With my 4 piece innas and Skorn ... I TR @ 245K
Edited by Jet#1853 on 4/15/2013 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 05:24 PMPosted by Jet
With my 4 piece innas and Skorn ... I TR @ 245K

How many attacks per second Jet? With my current setup I TR at 213k (blazing wrath on) with 1.08 aps, with submission and cyclones. So picking up a frenzy shrine puts me at 262k :P

I'm also 3 gear swaps (all res amethyst helm, all res gloves, wave of light/cyclone strike SOJ) away from mp10...so I TR with some 400 all res and 50k life..overkill
Reply Quote
iAS kills my regen frankly so I'd rather max at 1.08/1.09 despite the DPS. I avoid frenzy shrines for same reason...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]