Diablo® III

This is why DH is screwed

You fight barbarians, witch doctors are fine to fight, and you have very little options. I have spent billions on gear, not all shown now, go to diabloprogress, and u fight the same crap running tank barb build all day. Funny that the tough guy character is the biggest Sally in Pvp. So u either chase them around in a endless game of tag, usually losing to top guys, or u sit behind some spike traps and barbs complain an whine, ends in stalemate. At first I was just gonna sell gear and make a barb, but that doesn't solve anything. Just about done with game, or at least fighting running man tank barbs.
Reply Quote
that the irony and fun part, that why I diddntt made a barb, as pvp gear and skill is totally difference.

just imagine rend is dodgeable, the barb will run even more rounds.....

basically they will only charge you with full fury and health, and exchange life with you.
so the burst damage must be high enough for you to take him down, before he on his turbo sprint to run away.

I also last person to duel is a barb, as chasing them around in circle is like wtf, I thought u are melee.
but that the sad part of pvp also, as this is where they really stood a chance, or in fact their only pvp skills. other skills like whirlwind, or rush you with a hoa don't work.
but nevertheless, from the league, the no 1 is a dh, 2nd a wd, 3rd a dh, and 4th a monk.
so dh still owns with superd micro
Edited by MINIKONG#6191 on 3/25/2013 2:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
In D3 Barb kite YOU
Reply Quote
03/25/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Tuva
In D3 Barb kite YOU

ya only in d3 -.-
Reply Quote
Barb here, I find I get annihilated by DHs, while I can't target them with their shadow skill and they kite me with guided arrows.
Reply Quote
DH and Barb are on sort of even footing near the top of their gear. The DH will win if they play perfect but Barb has more breathing room for errors. The idea for each:

As DH you want to: stack DPS, stack discipline, maintain enough EHP to survive a critical Rend with Smokescreens, attack the Barbarian to force them to use Ignore Pain, kill them while Ignore Pain is on cooldown.

As Barb you want to: stack EHP, maintain enough damage to kill with critical Rends, pressure the DH into using Preparation, kill them while Preparation is on cooldown.
Reply Quote
I like dh/barb tag, almost as good as dh/dh tag, but your being unrealistic if you want a melee player to stand still so you can shoot them.
Reply Quote
classes that use melee skills dont kite
Reply Quote
just get to 1 million dps with a sharpshooter and kill them
or purchase a windforce and permanently immobilize them.
windforce = barb killer.
I do about 420k dps(without sharpshooter) with windforce and it's powerful enough to damage them and easily disrupting their movements.
Edited by FrozenArrow#1722 on 3/26/2013 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Let's be honest, Diablo 3 never meant to be a PvP game, the only reason it was put in was because of the players' requests.

Secondly, trying to make a PvE based game, where players are supposed to use their different buffs/ abilities together to defeat an enemy, into a PvP game is extremely difficult. Either blizzard had to do some serious balancing with not only skills, but items as well, or they could have just given as an easier way to PvP than dueling, and lets us do it as we please. Which they did.

The only way to have a fair fight is to brawl with you same class, which is very boring, and why I don't think people should be bothering with PvP in the first place. (Unless your just screwing around for fun)

I see where your coming from, but, unfortunately, nothing is going to be done about it.
Edited by Matt#11853 on 3/26/2013 7:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
FrozenArrow
windforce = barb killer.
I do about 420k dps(without sharpshooter) with windforce and it's powerful enough to damage them and easily disrupting their movements.

+1, Windforce knockback-locking is a very good strategy against them.

Matt
Let's be honest, Diablo 3 never meant to be a PvP game, the only reason it was put in was because of the players' requests.

Secondly, trying to make a PvE based game, where players are supposed to use their different buffs/ abilities together to defeat an enemy, into a PvP game is extremely difficult. Either blizzard had to do some serious balancing with not only skills, but items as well, or they could have just given as an easier way to PvP than dueling, and lets us do it as we please. Which they did.

The only way to have a fair fight is to brawl with you same class, which is very boring, and why I don't think people should be bothering with PvP in the first place. (Unless your just screwing around for fun)

I see where your coming from, but, unfortunately, nothing is going to be done about it.

-1, for inexperience. :)
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 3/26/2013 9:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@frozenarrow, you have obviously not fought a half decent barbarian yet. Windforce is a joke in pvp
Reply Quote
Set him up against Tbone or the cookiemonster.
Reply Quote
Don't even need to mention good barbs anymore...theres like 500thousand good barbs now.. every random pvp room I join usually consist at least 1 barb with near perfect roll gear. =/
Reply Quote
@ Juni
Remember you set me up with pollution barb who's unkillable?
I recently and accidently met him during a random pvp match.
and this time I killed him. This is after I raised my over 400k dps w/ wind force.
Reply Quote
yea and he wasn't even a top tier barb I was talking about tho how recent was this it says he hasn't logged for 11 days on my list think he quit. =/
Reply Quote
Possible solutions. Make rend dodge able. Let rend be broken by smokescreen. Give us our knock back ability with impale. Nerf sprint. I know none of these will happen but my personal favorite would be limit sprint so they can't just make like forest gump.
Reply Quote
2 weeks ago, pretty recent
Reply Quote
windforce = barb killer.

03/27/2013 12:20 AMPosted by Iria
Set him up against Tbone or the cookiemonster.

03/26/2013 11:50 PMPosted by Cyon
@frozenarrow, you have obviously not fought a half decent barbarian yet. Windforce is a joke in pvp

Thats the same guy who posted before that barbs are no match for his WF. Another guy set him up against a decent barb and got owned. Afraid to say you're still imagining things.
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 3/27/2013 4:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
no. windforce still rules the groud against melee.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]