Diablo® III

How to unlock battle.net account w/SMSprotect

I was locked on my account due to being away for a time and had to do several steps to regain my password and stuff. Now the last thing Blizzard wants me to do is to unlock my battle.net account with SMSprotect. All it says in the FAQ was that the SMS protector can allow the user to unlock the battle.net account BUT IT DOES NOT PROVIDE FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO UNLOCK. My SMS protector is already set up and everything, I would be grateful if someone can teach me how to use the SMS protector.
Reply Quote
im having the same exact problem as you have you found any solution
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
I am trying to find it myself in the support articles and have not been able to yet. Supposedly you get sent a code, but I am not sure how to initiate that. Have you tried using the link that was sent to you in the email? That should take you to the password reset screen where it might have an option to send a code. I have not been locked out since I got SMS Protect so have not had to try it personally. I am curious what you find.

Edit: Victory! I have found the answer via the WoW CS forums. (emphasis mine)

Resetting Your Password

If your account has been locked for security reasons, resetting the password can unlock the account without the need to phone in.

Visit the Password Reset page to begin. https://us.battle.net/account/support/password-reset.html?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=postingsticky&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS

-Enter your Battle.net email address, your first and last name as it appears on the account, and the security captcha. Press continue.

-If you have SMS Protect set up, you will be sent a code to your mobile device. Enter the code provided. You will then be able to change your password.

-If you do not have SMS Protect set up, you will be prompted to provide either the answer to your secret question or the first six digits of a game key for one of the titles: World of Warcraft including the expansions, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, or Diablo III.

-If the information provided is correct, a confirmation email will be sent to the registered email address. Click the link in the email to complete the password reset process & create a new password.

Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 4/8/2013 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]