Diablo® III

Your First Set Item

With my Demon Hunter, found Inna's Reach. Then an Immortal King's belt. I decided to roll other characters soon after.
Reply Quote
View profile
Technically, the first set item I saw DROP in a game was an Immortal King gloves...however, I was using a CM Wizard that, admittedly, was getting carried through uber runs. So I really don't count that one...

First one I had drop solo was actually in a pair. I was using my Monk farming Act 4 (yes, it can be done), I believe it was one of the two Silver Spire floors...and I got accosted by two or three elite packs that descended on me...and a Chantodo's Force and I think either a Tal Rasha amulet or belt dropped. One hell of a fight, pretty sure I died at least twice...

But man, that was some well-deserved loot right there. My Wizard is still carrying them now.

Those are definitely set pieces I earned, and even if I get all of those sets, and it doesn't send my DPS into the 100k's, I'll still be really happy with having found those, because I EARNED them. I didn't stack my nickels and dimes, and didn't farm infinitely for just GOLD so I could BUY them.

I fought and bled for them, and if nothing else, they're trophies, :-)
Reply Quote
First month of release, act 1 inferno on my monk, exploring/hunting, and found the Natalyas mark ring in the fields of misery, I had to lay down for 15 minutes I felt so elated- I sold the ring in the ah for 30 mill, got enough gear to make it to Diablo not too long after that.
Reply Quote
03/25/2013 01:52 PMPosted by papadanko
I am seeing some consistency that the first 1/3 of Act 1 was pretty rich back in the day.

Back in the day, Act III was the real gear check. If you couldn't cut in in Act III, then you farmed Act I endlessly for upgrades and gold. Act II was pretty worthless. (VotA hadn't come to light I don't think.)

That's probably why most folks mention Act I....because that's where they were farming at the time....I know I was!
Reply Quote
Back in the day, Act III was the real gear check. If you couldn't cut in in Act III, then you farmed Act I endlessly for upgrades and gold. Act II was pretty worthless. (VotA hadn't come to light I don't think.)

That's probably why most folks mention Act I....because that's where they were farming at the time....I know I was!

That's some good insight. I played from launch, but not much and I spread it out among three characters. Then I took all of September and October off (got married, passed the FE exam), and by November Inferno Act 2 and 3 was not so bad.
Reply Quote
Good thread! I have yet to see a set drop and needed to see it was possible.
Reply Quote
First set item I saw drop was in Act I while on the way to killing the wretched mother queen or whatever she is. Dropped off some zombie trash. It was a ring..screaming chain I believe it was called. I kept it for sentimental reasons and let one of my followers use it.

It was before MP, and I had no magic find.
Reply Quote
my first set drop was a natalya's reflection ring. My first legendary drop was a unity ring.
Reply Quote
IK belt. Took around 600 hours for them drop.

I've put around 1500 hours into the game and only really started to see heavy set items drop after around 1000 hours (or the patch buff to legendary drop rates).

Since then I've probably found around 25-30 set items, 11 of which have been IK belt.
They are the Ivory Towers of greens.
Edited by babinro#1836 on 3/25/2013 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My first set piece was a Tal's helm before the Leg/Set patch. It rolled +radius for the random mod. I still have it along with my first Leg, the 2nd day after launch, which was a Monster Hunter sword.
Reply Quote
I still have my first legendary, a 300th spear that dropped from the Dead Adventurer in the corner of Leoric's Manor Courtyard.
Reply Quote
Tal Rasha's Chest piece, before the legendary buff lol, twas garbagio :(

Desolate sands, Act 2.
Edited by FireZombie#1628 on 3/25/2013 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/25/2013 01:52 PMPosted by papadanko
great topic OP

you're welcome, marmoset... I can't stop thinking of a little tiny monkey typing all of your words.

I am seeing some consistency that the first 1/3 of Act 1 was pretty rich back in the day.

That's actually a fairly accurate description of me :)
Reply Quote
For me, it was the mojo from the Zunimassa set. Unfortunately, it seemed to be the start of some sort of obnoxious trend cuz from that point on, I would go on to find around 15 of them. Most recent one was yesterday. Managed to earn the Set Appeal Achievement with the Zuni set. I haven't really started any WD chars.
Reply Quote
It was a Bull Katoh's Warrior Blood with socket when the legendary buff patch first came out. I sold it for $250.
Reply Quote
I got a nats ring about 2 weeks after launch, sold it for 1 mil. Yeah, it hurts me to this day.
Reply Quote
LOL...I have my first set on right now and it cost less then 100,000, chest was only 1k believe it or not.
Edited by Survious#2309 on 3/25/2013 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nats legacy Chest, decent roll too. sold for 11mil. Shat pants afterwards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]