Diablo® III

Your First Set Item

Shenlongs Endless Wave

Shortly before the patch that made them great if I recall correctly. And I still have it. It's like 530dps... lmao worthless beyond a brimstone.
Reply Quote
Tal Rasha helm during my 2nd run in inferno act 1. I believe it was patch 1.0.2
Reply Quote
Found far to many... May of been an Ik's belt. ?
Reply Quote
Honestly it sucked so bad I don't remember.....Sorry for the negativity lol
Reply Quote
Compass Rose, still using it on my main for farming.
Reply Quote
My first set piece was a Nat ring from a skeleton in a barrel of the catherdral level 3 on MP5. I randomly decided to play on MP5 for the first time and I couldn't believe it. It was the first monster I killed. I thought Whoa it's going to rain legendaries at this rate. But it was just a fluke as I soon found. The nat ring was okay by nat ring standards but still an awesome feeling to find it.
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Rasurd
Sorry for the negativity lol

03/26/2013 11:18 AMPosted by darkvoid
saw green writing and get excited.

I am pretty aware at this point that the set item I will eventually find is going to be just like any other legendary, just taking up stash space. But I also am interested in seeing that green writing! :D
Reply Quote
It was a few days after MP was introduced. Tried MP5 with my 60K DPS/45K Vit/500 AR/ Barb at that time and the first white mob in the Defiled Crypts dropped me an IK Boulder Breaker. Shortly after that, I got the IK belt from a loose stone. Needless to say, all the deaths were all worth it. lol
Reply Quote
patch 1.0.4 got a inna's radiance with 199-dex roll from a champion pack @ keeps lvl 2
Reply Quote
First set item I found was a crappy Nat's helm. It came off an armor rack in Act 3.
Reply Quote
If I recall correctly, my first set item was the legacy Manajuma's knife. I found it in the Warrior's Rest while I was farming way back in the day.

It rolled HORRIBLY, but I sold it on the RMAH np!
Reply Quote
I found 2 set pieces pre-1.03. The first I found was a pair of Natalya's Boots in the Desolate Sands. They rolled intellect and didn't do my DH much good, and my WD friend had better boots. I sold them for 10 million gold, which was a lot to me at the time. It was my first significant sale.

I later found a Tal-Rasha's chest in the Cursed Hold. I held onto it because the IAS did boost my DH's damage a bit. That item is now immortalized as the first item I sold on the RMAH, within hours of it going online. I think it was on sale for about 5 minutes, and sold for about 10 dollars. That money went towards Heart of the Swarm.

Since then I have had decent luck. Most of my set items on both my DH and Barb are self-found.
Reply Quote
I was running through the keeps in act 3 on my DH at P20-something I believe, and was talking to a friend at how surprised I was that I hadn't found a set item yet. Literally 2-3 minutes later saw a flash of that lovely green, Inna's Favor. It was quite the feeling I must say. Ended up selling for 127M, I couldn't believe it. It was a good day.
Reply Quote
My first one was a tal rasha belt that popped out of a chest in A3, the Battleground it was...
Reply Quote
Found my pants but not my socks.

Act 3, Blacks belt
Reply Quote
Never happened, killed butcher and belial with 5 stack NV multiple times pre-inferno nerf, not once did I get a set drop, friend however got a Natalya's shadow after like the 50th time.
Reply Quote
it's the IK boots my barb is wearing now, I found it when he was PL~10, at desolate sands when I was trying to get the achievement of the 10 possible outcomes of the ancient device.
Reply Quote
First Item was a Blade of Prophecy, gave it to my friend that was really really ungeared :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]