Diablo® III

Your First Set Item

My first set drop was a high Dex high Vit Inna's Temperance, in Act III siege breaker p1.05; it dropped out of a bone pile. I sold with-in a few hours for 80mil. I have found a lot more set items since then but that single item is still my best most valuable "in-game" find. Still waiting for that 1bil+ find.
Reply Quote
Right around the patch that added paragon levels I think I found my first set item. IK boots that sold for 40m ish? I was very happy to see that, before then I'd never sold an item for more than a few million. Seen lots since then =)
Reply Quote
Nat boots with vitality.
Reply Quote
Nat's Mark dropped with just minutes before patch 1.04 took it out of the game forever. It was somewhere in the Cathedral (A1) and I died from the molten explosion and saw it drop at the same time. Gotta be one of the best moments for me in D3 to date.
Reply Quote
First set item was a piece of garb i cannot remember because it was pre-legendary buff and I didn't care for them much back then, now I just can't wait to roll high stat leorics signet or horadric hamburger.
Reply Quote
took me 400+ hours and i found a crappy 400dps set crossbow..... in act one on my way to the cursed hold.
Reply Quote
Horrible Nats boots that I got after, playing a boat load of hours. I think I was paragon 28 when they dropped. 2-300hrs.

Sold them for 250k
Reply Quote
My first set piece drop was a decent (but not godly) Blackthorne's Duncraig Cross. It was off of a Hell Bringer near the north tip of the Fields of Slaughter. Memorable simply because it took well over 6 months of playing to get a single set item drop for me

Had one or two more drops after patch 1.06 and I've had several set pieces drop since 1.07, among them were a Zuni's Vision that was actually a nice upgrade to the one I had on my WD at the time and the Nat's helm on my DH just dropped for me the other day from the act 3 keywarden
Reply Quote
190+str IK helm with 200 life regen.
This was right after 1.04 which buffed legendary items quality but not their droprates.

I was on a dopamine high for the next 2 days heh. The perfect helm for the 3000 regen Barb I was playing back then :).
Reply Quote
First set drop was on my DH in patch 1.0.2. Just hit 60 and was in the Forsaken Cemetery. Killed a champion pack there and got Zunimassa boots. I remember they had around 90 something strength on them. I didn't know what I had, so I sold them for super cheap because I thought they were useless. Oh how my barb wishes I still had them.
Reply Quote
Pre 104, none

First one is Inna's radiance at the night 104 came out, which is selling for 100k now but sold for $100 at that time.
Reply Quote
IK gloves for me. They aren't bad, though they didn't roll VIT.
Reply Quote
First Legendary: Lut Socks
Date: May 24, 2012
Area Found: Act 2 Normal
Dropped From: white pack of creatures (swarms I believe)

Great find for my second barbarian who had just got to level 18.

-JJ
Reply Quote
A few weeks ago I found a Natalya's Slayer on Act 3 Inferno. That's the first and only set item I've gotten so far.
Reply Quote
I never found a set item until 4 weeks ago, zunimassa's trail with 56 all res, 172 int, 132 which ended up selling for 345 mill. Fresh lvl 60 DH P-0 on breached keep mp3. Hate to say it but all the money I have ever made in this game is coming from my new DH than my P62 barb...logic?
Edited by Leviathan23#1263 on 3/26/2013 5:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nats Bloody Footprints, first item I sold for over a million (some dude bought it for 65 mil) and it was secretly hidden in a dead guard's corpse, now I flip them every time I spot one!
Reply Quote
I'd love to join in.

One problem.

After hundreds of hours played, still zero set drops.

Boo.
Reply Quote
A treasure goblin that was hanging out in VotA on the first day of patch 1.0.4. dropped a STR Litany of the Undaunted. I almost had a heart attack. It is still equipped on my barb. Then, one week later, the exact same thing happened and I got another Litany of the Undaunted from a treasure goblin in VotA. It was dex so I didn't really need it at the time, and so I basically traded it for Wailing Host on AH because I wanted to complete the set. The skeletons are cool (although basically useless) and slightly reminded me of the old days running around with a necromancer on D2.

P.S. Hey Blizzard, buff them skeletons! Also, set drops should have a green light beam, not brown.
Edited by Fantomex#1588 on 3/26/2013 7:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Natalya's Xbow (Legacy)

It was the first legendary I'd ever found and sold for 1M which felt like a lot at the time.
Reply Quote
legacy bul-kathos weapon
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]