Diablo® III

Which Mp should I do?

Can someone please look at my demon hunter and tell me which mp should I farm/level up my paragon on?

Also could someone look at my items and give me any tips on upgrades so that I could go up in MP levels! PLEEEAAASSEE (obviously upgrade everything eventually, but which should be first,second and so on.. and how should i get the item? AH or crafting or...)

I can do mp2/3 i usually do either one of those with my current build.. so yea

also add me we can do a co-op..
Reply Quote
Also, how much would you say my entire gear set would cost? like about how much gold is my DH set worth?
Reply Quote
mp0-1
Reply Quote
You clearly didn't even bother to at least look at my character and see that I have 100k dps.. mp0-1? I can do mp2 with my eyes closed.. why would i do mp0-1.. and 1 has like no bonus stats that are worth it! if you're doing mp1 you're an idiot, just do mp2 and it isn't that much harder but the rewards scale so much better..
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 09:52 AMPosted by Namzug
You clearly didn't even bother to at least look at my character and see that I have 100k dps.. mp0-1? I can do mp2 with my eyes closed.. why would i do mp0-1.. and 1 has like no bonus stats that are worth it! if you're doing mp1 you're an idiot, just do mp2 and it isn't that much harder but the rewards scale so much better..

your question was more idiotic than his post. the only way to actually find out what MP to do is go and see how high you can go. skill is the biggest factor followed by gear.

no need to be a raging jerk just because someone didnt respond with what you wanted to hear :)
Reply Quote
Even with my stats I like to farm MP3 at most, sometimes I even do VOTA on MP2, DH is by far the best for low MP speed farming, and although they can do higher MPs, they pale in comparison with other classes.

I think you should be doing MP1 MAX, your unbuffed DPS is only 87k, which is quite low, get a Andariels with a socket, stick a ruby in it, and go MP1 runs for fast exp.

Since you have no IAS on your gear (good for strafe build), but a cheap manticore and go strafing on the alkaizer route, you will be P-50 in no time.
Reply Quote
Here's an idea. Start at mp0. Increase MP+1 until you get your !@# handed to you and it becomes a waste of time. It's that simple - just play game and see what works for you.
Edited by Saturn#1404 on 3/28/2013 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
At which MP level can you no longer kill a goblin in good conditions?
Take that MP level and subtract one :)
Reply Quote

You asked what MP level you "should" do, not what MP level you "could" do. I don't think any of us here can tell you what you could do, but if you ask me what you should do, it is MPL0-1. You will clear out more mobs and gain more experience per hour then you would going up to some other level hoping for a good drop killing things at a snail's pace.

If you think I'm an idiot for giving you this advice, well power to you for thinking everybody is an idiot.
Reply Quote
Ehh mp1 still seems idiotic to me.. i didnt mean any offense guys..

but ehh i guess i should do exp runs// id rather go for the most gold per hour run..
Reply Quote
for xp/loot I ran MP0-1 with over 200k dps. if you want gold in the process load up on pickup radius like me

I run MP3 now but that's only because I only go for DEs.

a good rule of thumb for fast farming is that the elites have to die in under one gloom cycle (5 seconds), otherwise dropping an MP level is more efficient.

o/
Reply Quote
My dh isn't geared at this time, but I do 338k w/o shsh when geared. And I find it's best for me to run MP 3. As mentioned before, you should be running MP1. You would make more xp running MP0.

That's just my thoughts on the matter. Having fun playing the game is the most important part. So do what you want and have fun doing it.
Edited by Anna#1231 on 3/28/2013 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I personally think the optional MP levels hurt the newer players more than they help. They spend way too much time grinding it out at higher mp because they think they have to, or it will be a benefit. Everyone wants to pile on mp for the numerical % MF and XP bonus. What they don't calculate is the time slow down in runs (elites/drops/legs/gold/xp) per hour. Whatever gives you the most xp per hour (do your own timed runs) will give you the most loot per hour. If we are talking about act3 then only in rare circumstances (godly geared/over dps'in) is mp1 or 2 better than mp0.

MP's are for challenge / keys / Ubers - bragging rights.
Reply Quote
10 or bust
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Borat
10 or bust

sounds good (y)
Reply Quote
The only all resists you have is on your boots....
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Dabrixmgp
The only all resists you have is on your boots....

he is probably skilled. join the glass cannon clan and do mp 10 :D

In all seriousness, farm what ever mp which you can clear the fastest...that extra 10 - 15 % of MF doesn't do !@#$...
Reply Quote

Wow... so let me get this straight... you are going to come in here and ask for advice... someone gives you advice (and it was actually good advice), and you are going to go off about it?

Nobody cares that you can do MP2 with your eyes closed. If you are going to ask "what MP SHOULD I farm on?" Don't nerd rage when someone gives you a sound answer.

If you are casually playing (not speed running), all of the MP levels are very similar in terms of exp/hr (stopping for big chunks of gold and certain yellows, you should be around 60 mil exp/hr).

If you are speed running, MP0-1 is still considered the fastest. People are getting upwards of 100-120 mil exp/hr.

For gold/loot/legendaries MP0-1 is still better because you are killing at a MUCH faster rate. More monsters killed = more gold, loot and more chances for legendaries to drop.

So for exp alone, casually playing... It doesn't matter. Any MP you can handle.

But for loot/gold + exp, then MP0-1 is still the best.

So, he gave you sound advice. You should probably ask why he said what he said before nerd raging and saying "it's idiotic"... Most of the top gold/paragon farmers are still running MP0-1
Edited by DonnyCage#1757 on 4/1/2013 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@DonnyCage

Okay I said idiotic.. not moronic, or retarded.. like its a !@#$ing word, its the %^-*ing internet, don't take things up the !@#. excuse me for expressing an opinion which i did see was wrong and apologized for.. secondly i don't know any of the math to this game, i didn't know that was a sound answer.. I figured "oh its one guy telling me that, he's probably trolling because I did say I could survive higher mps.." I figured that it didnt matter if i didn't kill the monsters fast enough, that the bonuses for mps would be high enough where wasting some time wouldnt really matter.. ofc i was wrong.

So LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT.. i saw my mistake, apologized for it.. and now YOU, who has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PREVIOUS POSTS, wants to come on here days later and bring up the past.. like no.. read the following posts that i wrote.. perhaps.. just maybe i said sorry.. did you think of that before clicking that submit button?

Now if I continued being a bigot then I can see why you would say that.. Now you made me rant for absolutely no reason.. but who cares.. its the internet, its all my opinion and noone should care.. noone should be offended by words seen on a $%^-ing computer screen >.>

Besides, are you ignorant enough to hear and believe the first answer and the first few things you hear on any topic..
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Lol namzug, either trolling or socially retarded. This thread is funny as hell!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]