Diablo® III

Mp changes

+1 to an endless wave of monsters event

A thread i made while back that shows many people would like this, and then a bunch of nay-sayers who said "blizz would never do this"

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708261364#1
Reply Quote
View profile

I think it's the other way around. Even if itemization is fixed, it won't matter cause there's nothing to use the items for. I don't get the point of farming items, so you can farm for more items.

I get that but what is the point of adding new content when classes are severely unbalanced and is going to only reward one class because DPS is the only thing that matters after 300-400 resist all. I would like to see the game fleshed out, have a ton of the ridiculous shallowness of the game wiped out entirely before they start adding real content that will only benefit one class due to how that class scales(because dps only matters)

Itemization needs a complete overhaul, not just a crappy bandaid, and this whole "new legendaries will be powerful!" I'll believe it when I see it. If you look at the item blog for 1.04, those legendaries are mostly terrible and not even used.

I am really hoping its a real itemization fix and not a bandaid that only kicks the can down the road until they can milk people 40$ for an expansion.

I wont surpirse if the max stat per slot become 400 -600 in coming patch.

Thats what they are doing from 1.00 to now just increase the number in both out gear and the monster. ( may be faster in our gear and slower in monster HP damage) nothing change
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 3/26/2013 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When PTR 1.07 was active people scrambled for shields and dif items to play effective PVP, but as we all know brawling was never touched in the right way.

Instead it was a little boy touched by Michael

Thus pvp helpful items demand and players left

PVP needs to be released Pre Playstation launch so us PC Gamers can test and tweek it for you

Yall just lazy people and don't want to work on something point blank
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Telesador
Since we all will be much stronger once legendary improvements take place MP10 will quickly become a joke to an extremely large portion of the playerbase,

No, and no.

Not sure how many people are sleeping through MP10 right now, but I'm betting it's 1% or less. The new itemization isn't going to make everyone super powerful. It's just gonna provide us with more options on gear. The same stats will exist, the same absolutely perfect pieces will be impossible to get.
Reply Quote
View profile
Tooooo many difficulty settings.

I miss the one standard setting.
Reply Quote
The game was too easy since the day it came out.

We simply need infinite scaling content, such as an endless dungeon or survival mode.
Reply Quote
I think some people are getting this game confused with how mmorpgs are run. Thsoe types of games get updates with new content every few weeks. I see this game as just a "here is the stuff" and "now go grind/kill monsters over and over again"
Reply Quote
View profile
I believe that the changes to itemization will be game changing not game breaking. They are two totally different sets of words and both have different meanings.
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Grimiku
Travis Day talks about optional challenge through Monster Power in this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7980249170?page=20#387"]post[/url], and (for reference) here is the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/developer-journal-itemization-update-3-5-2013"]Itemization blog[/url] that mentions the future of Legendary items. I think it’s difficult to anticipate how those future updates to Legendary items will affect the challenge in higher Monster Power settings without knowing what other updates might be made to the game, but viable optional challenge is important to Diablo III. If players find those higher settings too easy, then we will be sure to let the developers know.

Good to know that challenge is still being considered.

To be honest, the game right now is void of direct challenge.

In the past, when inferno still 1 shot kill DH:
-> I found 2 elite packs, Died few times, get through dangerous moments, win = Good Challenge
-> Dangerous elite enemies approaching (ex. Soul Lasher Elite), win without dying = Good Challenge

Now, MP10:
-> found 2 elite pack = Great, additional 1~3 min of dealing with them, a waste of time. (I found dealing with 2 elite pack somehow more time consuming, but the threat level stays the same)
-> no Dangerous enemies can be found.

I just hope challenge just doesn't mean more tanky enemies in developers mind.
Reply Quote
MP 10 will always be a joke thanks to Blizzard marvelous ability in making skills that break the game.
Edited by DeMasked#1233 on 3/26/2013 10:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 10:06 PMPosted by NuEloS
Travis Day talks about optional challenge through Monster Power in this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7980249170?page=20#387"]post[/url], and (for reference) here is the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/developer-journal-itemization-update-3-5-2013"]Itemization blog[/url] that mentions the future of Legendary items. I think it’s difficult to anticipate how those future updates to Legendary items will affect the challenge in higher Monster Power settings without knowing what other updates might be made to the game, but viable optional challenge is important to Diablo III. If players find those higher settings too easy, then we will be sure to let the developers know.

-> I found 2 elite packs, Died few times, get through dangerous moments, win = Good Challenge
-> Dangerous elite enemies approaching (ex. Soul Lasher Elite), win without dying = Good Challenge

That's not a challenge. That's called overtuned content.
Reply Quote

Hi, I don't meant to be disrespectful, but why is it that CMs and other blues will quickly reply to small questions like the OP's, but completely ignore all negative criticism of things like the Dev Q&A?

Because it is basically their job description to make cat posts until we get bombarded by ads to buy the expansion and "experience the newest NPC we just thought of last week... the MYSTIC!"

There is plenty of content ALREADY IN THE GAME that they are purposely not releasing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3435571
Reply Quote
View profile
03/26/2013 10:57 PMPosted by Kupo

That's not a challenge. That's called overtuned content.

What skill require for this game? Challenge ? once all slot with BIS , any skillless one can faceplam any MP. I dont think anyone dual wield credit card can not farm MP10
Reply Quote
WHERE IS MY COW LEVEL???
WHERE IS MY COW LEVEL???
WHERE IS MY COW LEVEL???
WHERE IS MY COW LEVEL???
WHERE IS MY COW LEVEL???
Reply Quote
I would like to see more pve content, since diablo series is always about it.
I like that idea of endless dungeon. Maybe it could be something like deference RPG MAPS from WAR 3? Boss rush mode? Cross act area clear competition? Reward us some gg temporary items which turns you toon into uber toon......................
I wish blizz could be more creative than that.
Reply Quote
AWAKEN AWAKEN AWAKEN AWAKEN
TAKE THE LAND THAT MUST BE TAKEN
Reply Quote
well, I would like to see mp 11-20.

yet instead of just increasing damage/hp of mobs, why not increase
a) pack size + number of affixes. (mp11=6, mp 20 = 10 )

b) new affixes. eg: invulnerable minions, summon explosive minions etc
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 07:19 PMPosted by DoomBringer

The thing is, we farm items for what? PvP?

We need some PvE content that is really challenging, outside of increasing MP. How about an arena with infinite monsters and you have to survive the longest - It's a competition to know who can survive the longest (or which team). Every month or so, it resets, like a ladder :)

Try hardcore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]