Diablo® III

Mp changes

you guys are totally missing the whole point of the new items patch.

people will NOT run around with 4 million dps. the top dps people can reach today with top gear will remian more or less the same. players will not be able to take down mp10 mobs in 1 sec.

the new items are simply reworked low lvl legs to make them roll lvl 63 stats, while keeping the same cap on l63 affixes. a lvl 50 legendary will not roll 600 str as base stat. it would just be compareable to other lvl 63 legendaries, giving you more options to gear up besides attack speed/crit etc, maybe reach the same dps with using thorns dmg or with skill boosting affixes. some new items will be made, but those only provide other options to do effective damage. like a new set that gives bonus to bash or one that keeps COTA up 100% etc. those will not roll with other damage affixes. yet you can use them instead of your trifecta items to do the same effective damage ingame.

so for players thinking they need mp20 after the items patch, learn to read what the devs are saying before thinking you can kill mp10 ubers in 2.9 seconds with uber items that roll +1000 dex/890 vit/+50% attack speed.
Edited by EETFUK#2566 on 3/27/2013 4:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't want new content yet.

Make itemization better, I mean full overhaul, not a bandaid, not we'll fix half of it now and kick the can down the road until post-expansion.

Make classes more diverse, this DPS only matters crap is why 80+% of the players only rolls Barbs to farm MP10 on half the budget it takes for other characters and x5 the efficiency.

I think it's the other way around. Even if itemization is fixed, it won't matter cause there's nothing to use the items for. I don't get the point of farming items, so you can farm for more items.

Umm isn't this what we did for a decade in D2?
Reply Quote
Why not put 100 levels of MP? /sarcasm

If we become stronger the easiest thing is to rebalanced current MP stats, we do not need more MP levels.

== OR ==

Add Endgame content, new special areas / dungeons. Lvl 99 Pit, items which can open portals to secret areas with highly challenging monsters/bosses etc. etc.
Reply Quote
Some form of further difficulty is definitely needed at this point in the game, even WITHOUT the itemization changes coming.

I agree with above posters that THE only thing to do once you clear inferno, which lets face it EVERYONE can now, is farm Paragon in A3 and MP10 Ubers. However, making the content/difficulty OPTIONAL is a big deal for the casual players.

Some form of Horde mode is needed and a bump to MP15 would be a good start. This Horde mode (endless waves of increasingly difficult enemies, for those not familiar with Gears style Horde mode) with a ladder implemented for score tracking would be awesome I feel. Having a Solo, Duo, Trio, and Group Ladder system to track the Levels/Points would be cool, and every 5 levels or so the Act mini bosses could spawn in alone with mobs, and every 10 levels the Act Boss would spawn in. Once level 40 is defeated (I.E. Diablo) every 5 levels could spawn in somethign different. For Example:

Level 5 - Skeleton King
Level 10 - Butcher
Level 15 - Magda
Level 20 - Zolten Kulle
Level 25 - Seigebreaker
Level 30 - Azmodan
Level 35 - Rakanoth
Lelev 40 - Diablo
Level 45 - Skeleton King + Butcher
Level 50 - Magda + Shatterbone
Level 55 - Seigbreaker + Ghom
Level 60 - Izual + Diablo
Level 65 - Uber Skeleton King + Uber Butcher
Level 70 - Uber Magda + Uber Rakanoth
Level 75 - Uber Ghom + Uber Zolten Kulle
Level 80 - Uber Seigbreaker + Uber Izual
Level 85 - Skeleton King, Butcher, Madga
Level 90 - Zolten Kulle, Seigbreaker, Iskatu
Level 95 - Rakanoth, Ghom, Izual
Level 100 - Belial, Azmodan, Diablo

Etc. You get the idea.

The rewards could be somethign new eventually but for now Every 5 levels could drop:

1 Demonic Essense and a 6 Prop Rare up to Level 40
2 Demonic Essense, 1 6 Prop Rare, 1 Brimstone, an Organ Chance(on Ubers) up to Level 80
3 Demonic Essense, 1 6 Prop Rare, 1 Brimstone, 1 Legendary up to Level 95
4 Demonic Essense, 1 6 Prop Rare, 1 Brimstone. 1 Legendary, 1 Random Radiant Star Gem, 1 Set Piece

Just my thoughts of something insnanely crazy and "neverending" rewards could be different obviously, but then if you implemented a Ladder or scorboard tracker that would reset every month people would farm that !@#$ like crazy to try and be tops. We love competing against one another.

Just an idea.
Edited by Synyster#1428 on 3/27/2013 6:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

We need some PvE content that is really challenging, outside of increasing MP. How about an arena with infinite monsters and you have to survive the longest - It's a competition to know who can survive the longest (or which team). Every month or so, it resets, like a ladder :)

This is the sort of thinking that should earn a cookie delivered by whoever they have left in charge at Blizz.
Reply Quote
Diablo has never been about making things a challenge or hard, it has always been about the item hunt. This needs to be their primary concern not the challenge of the game, make is to when I find something on the ground I get gitty and smile, and not say insta brim without even IDing it.

Then after they fix this and only then do they fix it, they can concentrate efforts for more harder content.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/26/2013 07:19 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Travis Day talks about optional challenge through Monster Power in this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7980249170?page=20#387"]post[/url], and (for reference) here is the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/developer-journal-itemization-update-3-5-2013"]Itemization blog[/url] that mentions the future of Legendary items. I think it’s difficult to anticipate how those future updates to Legendary items will affect the challenge in higher Monster Power settings without knowing what other updates might be made to the game, but viable optional challenge is important to Diablo III. If players find those higher settings too easy, then we will be sure to let the developers know.

The thing is, we farm items for what? PvP?

We need some PvE content that is really challenging, outside of increasing MP.

^^^ BAM.......

Just making the monsters harder to kill is a short-cut to thinking.

If Diablo 3 really wants to stand out and lead the RPG genre, implement a perpetually rolling challenge that causes the player to keep coming back for more.
Reply Quote
No more artificial difficulty
Monster Power is bad enough as it is
Reply Quote
03/27/2013 08:48 AMPosted by BurningRope

^ yep

I dont get why ppl like the OP think that by adding more health and more damage to a monster will make it more challenging. No, no, no, big fail.

You need challenge? you want challenge, ask the developers to bring back the old nasty and vicious elite packs from old inferno.

Man I sure want to fight them now, that would be a good challenge, plus will give us a lot of QQ threads lol

And yes, also agreed the game needs much more content. There's nothing left to do after 11 months. Maybe complete the achievements.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/27/2013 09:02 AMPosted by ZaPLaS

^ yep

I dont get why ppl like the OP think that by adding more health and more damage to a monster will make it more challenging. No, no, no, big fail.

You need challenge? you want challenge, ask the developers to bring back the old nasty and vicious elite packs from old inferno.

HA!!!!....I was going to say the same thing in my post above but I forgot. It would be....interesting to have an option to invoke the OG Inferno package, complete with enrage and rejuvinating packs if you leave the zone.

Yes, just making the monsters have more health sounds about as fun as chopping a tree down with a dull ax.
Reply Quote
For the truly hardcore they should make a monter power that goes to 11.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/27/2013 11:44 AMPosted by Vyleblud
For the truly hardcore they should make a monter power that goes to 11.

Didn't the band Spinal Tap try something like this :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVKWCpNFhY

enjoy
Reply Quote
Just keep the way things are with what we have, but build on it.

Houses - actually place where we each get our own treasure chest, its silly how we share the chest on the screen. Also a place to leave notes, post news (such as "hi, I am afk right now but if you want to trade later please leave me a msg) or trade

Connect the 4 Acts - actually make it a convience to travel between act instead of the 30 sec waiting period. This way you have a simultaneously action role playing game, and this can also introduce PK.

PK - bring on the pride, if you get kill during your adventure by an assassin then you just got PK'ed. Introduce D1 stuff like losing an ear, and also if you die you have to go back to your corpse to pick up your items. (Only if you die by a mob)

Portals - this needs to be fixed, I missed the old days when I actually cast a portal onto someone to send them into a trap and loot their stuff.

Mortal Combat - introduce quick character change like tag-team fighting games so I can quickly switch from Barb to Wiz.

Real Party Gamer - allow guilds and clans to roam through multiple zones. Create alliance between clans and actually have a war between gamers itself and not just the PvE. (PvP is a testing zone, we want more)

Introduction - actually allow low lvl players (newbies) interact with hi-lvl veterans by either doing certain task for them or just admire the time and effort it took to get to Paragon Lvl 100)

Who is this stranger... you ask, well I am just a Diabloholic. EIther way, I think the expansion shouldn't be about new maps, new items, but rather a bigger picture that extends the way you play D3. I love D3, try to stop me if you can, MUWAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Thanks
Reply Quote
I would like new dungeons and content. Farming Act III is getting boring, and so is Act I. The rest isnt exactly worth farming, as monsters on Act II are a pain in the !@# and Act IV lacks density and enough elites to make it profitable.

So the question is: why are we getting better and better items? In order to farm Act III on MP 10? Once we murder the game what else are we going to do? Sell items for a profit on the RMAH? Sounds more like a job rather than something fun.
Reply Quote
We need some PvE content that is really challenging, outside of increasing MP. How about an arena with infinite monsters and you have to survive the longest - It's a competition to know who can survive the longest (or which team). Every month or so, it resets, like a ladder :)

This arena idea has been suggested by multiple people and strangely enough.. been shut down every time by other players. The arena idea is a no brainer.. perhaps now is the time to re-introduce the idea because perhaps some of those previous nay-sayers have left the game.
Reply Quote
High MP don't feel like old inferno at all or challenging.

They just feel like your either combing correctly or your not. The end.

D3 has become almost mind numbing. There is no skill tree customization, no stat customization, any game progression in development happens at a snails pace.

I would have preferred waiting 3 more years for this game, for it to have been released when it was DONE correctly.
Reply Quote
Make itemization better, I mean full overhaul, not a bandaid, not we'll fix half of it now and kick the can down the road until post-expansion.

Make classes more diverse, this DPS only matters crap is why 80+% of the players only rolls Barbs to farm MP10 on half the budget it takes for other characters and x5 the efficiency.

This shoulda been worked on day 1... The fact that people are spending real money on items that are just !@#$ty, will become worthless on a major patch, is an extreme alienation of your consumer base.
Reply Quote
Make the game have some of these ideas that people have added and do it so that people want to play the game on the console and pc. PC players get to test the new content for free, console players would get content that has less bugs but that they have to pay for. So with the RMAH and a console version of the game this should be more than enough to pay for the game and the work that it takes to keep it moving along. The main problem is getting people to enjoy the game and want to play. I am not saying people don't play the game there are a lot less playing and less often. But what does that say if D3 adds new content and people are quick to devour it?
Reply Quote
Travis Day talks about optional challenge through Monster Power in this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7980249170?page=20#387"]post[/url], and (for reference) here is the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/developer-journal-itemization-update-3-5-2013"]Itemization blog[/url] that mentions the future of Legendary items. I think it’s difficult to anticipate how those future updates to Legendary items will affect the challenge in higher Monster Power settings without knowing what other updates might be made to the game, but viable optional challenge is important to Diablo III. If players find those higher settings too easy, then we will be sure to let the developers know.

The thing is, we farm items for what? PvP?

Unfortunately with the way game development works nowadays, you will eventually have to end up paying for this instead of them just fixing or making their original product what it should have been.

Please refer to this diagram. It will illustrate where game development has headed, as well as what customers should expect, even from companies like Blizzard:

http://www.techspot.com/fileshost/newspics3/2011/dlc-mona-lisa-1.jpg
Reply Quote
Diablo has never been about making things a challenge or hard, it has always been about the item hunt. This needs to be their primary concern not the challenge of the game, make is to when I find something on the ground I get gitty and smile, and not say insta brim without even IDing it.

Then after they fix this and only then do they fix it, they can concentrate efforts for more harder content.

Exactly, people coming into Diablo with the MMO attitude is horrible for the game. Diablo is about getting overpowered and blowing stuff up. Diablo was never about "Challenging endgame" the only "Challenge" in Diablo was combating RNG to gear up. The "Gearing up" was the game, in D3, this isn't the case. I don't want to play an MMO, I want to play Diablo, if I want to play an MMO i'll go resub to WoW.

If your gear is good, you should be able to stomp MP10 effortlessly, regardless of which class. Right now, that is not the case, the MMO model just doesn't work in ARPG, it is why so many people are turned off from the game, most were the biggest fans of the series.

There needs to be ridiculous items that lets us roflstomp mp10 should we find those items.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]