Diablo® III

Problem with my FPS :(

Ok so. While diablo 3 is running, my fps keeps jumping from 40-45 down to 13-18. It will go to high fps for 3 seconds, drop to low for 3 seconds, then goes back up. It does this continually. Anyone have some advice?
Computer specs:
6gig ram
64-bit
Intel(R) HD Graphics card
Reply Quote
This might be a dumb question (im really not good with laptops) but am i able to upgrade my video card on my laptop?
Reply Quote
don't get a new laptop gfx card....check to see if vsync is enabled if it is then uncheck it then accept or apply but if you see screen tearing put it back on :)
Edited by CraZyJaZ#2466 on 3/27/2013 11:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It seemed to stabilize the fps a little bit. still a little low at 15-25 fps. And everything is on low detail and lowest resolution. Maybe i just need a new gfx card for my laptop?
Reply Quote
So I'm assuming a gfx card update would be my best bet? And if so, what graphics card should i go with? (remember this is a laptop)
Reply Quote
03/27/2013 11:04 AMPosted by IAmLegend
Intel(R) HD Graphics card

^ thats the problem.
Reply Quote
We have established that the gfx card is junk. Now i need to know what card i should get, if i can even change it out.
Reply Quote
03/27/2013 11:34 AMPosted by IAmLegend
So I'm assuming a gfx card update would be my best bet? And if so, what graphics card should i go with? (remember this is a laptop)

I'd check to see if you can actually upgrade your card. I would say there's a very good chance that your graphics card is hard-wired onto your motherboard. In which case, if you're going to upgrade, you might be better off having a desktop for home use with gaming in mind and a tablet for when you're away from home.
Reply Quote
I have a laptop with specs that are beyond what Diablo requires, however, the version of laptop I bought came with a green HDD. It only spins at 5400 rpm instead of 7200 or even a SSD. That's why my game freezes up. Check your laptop model online to see what your disk speed is and that could tell you. A friend of mine has a laptop with 6gb ram, an i3 and integrated video card. Once he installed a SSD, it ran flawlessly.
Reply Quote
First you can try going to the webpage below and using the blue "Continue" button. It will detect what integrated graphics you have and give you the option to install the most up to date drivers. My friend gained an average of 10 FPS in this game on his 2 year old Samsung laptop by doing this.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng

Second, you can try playing the entire game off of a USB flash drive. It's really simple. Get a flash drive with around 12GB of free space and copy the entire game directory (something like C:\Program Files x86\Diablo III) then run the game from there instead. I have a very nice desktop yet D3 was always lagging and stuttering which resulted in me dying.

Since I put the game on my Mushkin 32GB flash drive it has been locked at 60FPS no matter where I am or what I'm doing. You might as well give it a shot to at least see. Let us know if you need any help with these ideas.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]