Diablo® III

Rollback Policy Updated for the Americas and Europe

There must be alot going on for it to have gone on this long. Blizzard probably knows who is doing the duping, who knows maybe the will sue these individuals. The CMs are well aware of the fact that this update won't fix the economy, it's just a precaution they can take that will make a marginal difference.

If you can call blizz and cry about being hacked and get your account rolled back while your friend stashes your items that's pretty lame policy from the beginning... Not surprised.

IMO they need to hurry up with the itemization patch if they want to fix the economy. Give everyone a chance to roll those GG items and then what's the point of buying a dupe? People prefer to find/craft their own items, we are just having to buy dupes right now because its impossible to find items with GG stats.
Edited by JWNZ#1466 on 3/26/2013 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
While im pretty certain there are other methods out there as its always going to happen, I am just about 100% sure its not sold for a measely $500. There is potential to make 10's of thousands with it.

indeed, there were guys asking for dupe method of lewt and other d2 itemshops offering $20.000 and more, and they didn't accept.... and that was when D2 was already like 9-10 years old.

Now imagine what ppl are willing to pay for a D3 dupe method (if there even is one, i still guess its all just rollback abuse)...
Reply Quote
AND,

Thank you blizzard for rolling this out. Im surprised...well, maybe not anymore after looking at the "spoiled brat" type mentality on these forums, that instead of thanks you get more too lates.

Yeah, there are dupes out. Yeah they found out how some were being created. They fixed it, or will have, by said date. The amount of them is miniscule compared to say diablo 2 or other games. They'll make there way out at some point.

Some days it just makes me shake my head at the entitlement people think they are owed. If blizzard gave you 100 dollars free you'd whine if it were all in 20's and say you will only take a 100 dollar bill....
Reply Quote
There must be alot going on for it to have gone on this long. Blizzard probably knows who is doing the duping, who knows maybe the will sue these individuals. The CMs are well aware of the fact that this update won't fix the economy, it's just a precaution they can take that will make a marginal difference.

If you can call blizz and cry about being hacked and get your account rolled back while your friend stashes your items that's pretty lame policy from the beginning... Not surprised.

IMO they need to hurry up with the itemization patch if they want to fix the economy. Give everyone a chance to roll those GG items and then what's the point of buying a dupe? People prefer to find/craft their own items, we are just having to buy dupes right now because its impossible to find items with GG stats.

The economy took a small hit I think with this. Im not seeing an overwhelming flood of the duplicated items, just a handful here and there.

I had my account hacked for the first time ever, after playing wow and d2 for many years, due to blizzard being hacked and the secret questions + email being taken. It wasn't my fault what so ever but I did use the service to get a roll back so all my items were restored. Its not always shady people or careless people who get hacked, sometimes it just happens and I feel this service was great in my time of need. People just found a way to abuse it.
Reply Quote
After seeing 2 pages of ROLLBACKED maticores i guess this was a long time coming.
Reply Quote
Are items created by rollbacks after April 2 the only items that will be bound to the account, or will this include all items from previous rollbacks bound to the accounts they are on during April 2?
Reply Quote
This sucks for legit players that needs a rollback. That means they can't sell/trade their items.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/26/2013 01:37 PMPosted by CoupDeGrace
This sucks for legit players that needs a rollback. That means they can't sell/trade their items.

Use an authenticator then. This fixes more problems than it creates.
Reply Quote
The economy took a small hit I think with this. Im not seeing an overwhelming flood of the duplicated items, just a handful here and there.

A handful per day you might want to add. This went on unnoticed for months without any official statement. Mind you, at the same time this exact same policy change applied in another region.

I understand that it has negative implications for whoever is rightfully hacked. But from the beginning it was obvious that the damage caused and concerns raised by the duplicate items is far greater than having a handful of hacked players with BOA items.

I don't understand where this indecisiveness comes from for waiting for more than a half year in order to implement a policy change to temper the community dupe accusations. What information do they have now that they didn't have a few months back? It seems to me it's logical that false compromise were to be declined after such a policy change. There was no reason to monitor that other than bureaucratic mumbo jumbo.
Reply Quote
Thank you for taking this step.

*grin* they might also try to make lots of rollback before this is implemented in 2 April. Please use this chance to identify those dupers.

Edit, Additional Note:

hmm, 2 April. Could it be..

at 1 April, Lylirra gonna post here "It's a joke !!! We never actually planned to change the rollback policy !"
Edited by Squeal#1221 on 3/26/2013 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
duper tears.
so delicious
Reply Quote
LyLirra:

It is great to see blizzard is taking some actions to maintain a better gaming environment.

If blizzard does One more thing, that will make things much better.

that is to run a scan of all items data base, items ( More than 5 or 10 Maybe I am sure Some of duplicated items is more than 5 or 10 ) that exact the same affix should also be now marked as

duplicated items. people who have those items whether from buying from AH or rolling back account, must

also have the items bond to their own account .

In this way, in a great extend, it warns people not to using their bad brains in the further and moreover

allows all other players to gain more confidence in playing the game.

I have been reporting this issue for a very long time now, and it seems no one has paid any attention.

Hope a blue reply to address my idea

In my opinion, this policy should sharts it,s effects immediately, do not allow another week or two to allow people to duplicate their tradeable Items.
Edited by Fadetoblack#1817 on 3/26/2013 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
All i can say is about bl00dy time, and i agree 100% ^^ with previous post.
Reply Quote
Isn't turning the entire account BoA kind of uber unfair ? Imagine someone gets his account hacked, when he gets it back he can't sell his super cool 500 Mil item which is useless because it's not for his character. Am I the only one to think this is kind of extreme ??

That's particularly bad since D3 revolves ENTIRELY around items. If an entire account is BoA, that means it could become impossible for such a player to rebuild his character because, thanks to Blizzard, chars do not exist without items. Blizzard is essentially condemning the player to stick to his build/character.

It's a hard punishment for a player who is a victim of an account hack already. It's a double punishment.

03/26/2013 01:37 PMPosted by CoupDeGrace

Agreed.
Reply Quote
Thank you for rolling this out as fast as you did. I see some people complaining, but they would be doing the same thing if it was rolled out 6 months earlier and found that this does nothing at all. This was a much needed step!
Reply Quote
It is your own responsibility to protect and maintain your own account. So what is the big deal?

in most case of sanario, get a authenticator from your phone even a PC version will fix most of Problem.

It is not that hard to protect your account.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]